Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 82 of 85  •  Prev 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is abortion murder?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2011 - 8:17AM #811
faith713

The "choice" to kill another human being is always there. Abortion kills your son or daughter no matter how many excuses one comes up with to justify it. The same excuses could just as easily excuse infanticide outside the womb as well. Both are still murder and wrong.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

"We love Him because He first loved us."--1 John 4:9-10

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "
1 John 4:18
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2011 - 10:36PM #812
Kenatheinsane

is abortion murder ? no i dont belive it is however i dont agree with it in most cases but the choice should be left up to the women its her body and her choice

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 11:42PM #813
Tigress42

Jan 23, 2009 -- 12:19PM, RiverMoonlady wrote:

I've read many posts on a prolife site where members state unequivocally that abortion is murder, that women who abort should be sent to jail and that the doctors who perform abortions should be stripped of their licenses AND jailed.  One poster even went so far as to say that anyone who performs an abortion on a teenager should go to jail for 35 years - but "only" 25 years for doing an abortion on an adult woman.  The posters who agreed with this were all male.  Hmmmm.

lol .. if the fetus is still in the fetus stage, not out of the womb - living and breathing and all that on its own, eating etc without help up the cord... how is it a person? sure in the 2nd and 3rd trimester i would hesitate and encourage the women to just put it for adoption at that point but...

oy, the sillyness of some people... ever notice how alot of pro life people cant back up their points with something other than the bible? i have come across individuals that use science etc and have a nice calm debate but...

*siiiiigggh

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2011 - 12:02AM #814
Tigress42

Jan 25, 2009 -- 8:59AM, apotter wrote:

If it was God's choice for the baby to not be born, the mother would not be pregnant in the first place.

not true... what about cases of NATURAL miscarriages or still borns??

...not even gunna try to reply to your previous post

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2011 - 12:17AM #815
Tigress42

Jan 25, 2009 -- 2:44PM, apotter wrote:

Teach all of our kids to respect themselves, and others.  Teach them not to have sex with someone other than your wife or husband, teach them to rejoice in the gift from God ,of a child, and we would no longer have abortions.

um...

not everyong believes in the same god, some dont believe at all... so to want everyone to do things a certain way based on one interepretation of a book...

anti premarital sex - one off topic, two somewhat outdated and not for everyone...personally i would rather teach my kids how to have safe (no std or unwanted pregnancy) sex rather than no sex before marriage, so if they made a choice to when they are dating - they make mature and safe decisions...

"every child is a gift" um, maybe in the old times when modern medicine wasnt as good and life expentency was much lower...sure back then every conception was a gift since they didnt know if it would live to full term or past 2 years old...

i find a lot of biblical support and stuff -is a little outdated or out of context...

dont yell at us for interpreting your answer to suit our needs when you do the same thing about the bibel

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2011 - 12:27AM #816
Tigress42

Jan 25, 2009 -- 7:54PM, apotter wrote:

Actually, Solfeggio, if you have been reading my comments, you would realize that I  (and probably most  pro-life people) really have no desire to lock woman up for having an abortion, we just want to end the killing of babies.  The problem seems to be the only way to stop something in this  world, is to make it illigal.  I myself ,have been the victim of many years of  molestation  in my youth and have also been the victim of rape.  Luckily, I did not become pregnant, however, if I had, I still would not have had an abortion.  I understand these are not black & white issues for all people, but they are for me.  If I had to make a decision between my life and the life of my baby, I would have to let God decide.  My life is not worth more than my baby's.   By the way, I can't speak for all Christians, but I am also anti-capital punishment, euthanasia, suicide, etc.

and who do you suppose is going to take care of all these babies when the mother doesnt want it? or if you were to have an unwanted pregnancy, and died because your body couldnt handle it? get put into terribly foster care, sit in an orphanage all their lives unloved??

i bet a loving, caring, nuturing gay couple would love to take care of your orphan - but wait? it would be unfair unethical for a child to not have a male and female perspective and it would be better for them to live in an abusive setting of a heterosexual couple

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2011 - 3:19PM #817
Al41

Hi,

I'm AL and I am pro-choice.  Still, I want to ask if anyone has ever seen the reaction of a fetus being aborted?  I don't think abortion is an easy choice for thinking, feeling individuals.  Murder is the killing of another human being which brings us back to the question of when a fertilized egg becomes a human.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2011 - 11:05AM #818
udcstb

No, abortion is not murder.  It's a choice for whatever reason to not birth a child.  To have a family and raise children is a personal choice that is not for everyone.

Sex and families are now separate issues. Get over it.

"As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2011 - 1:34PM #819
faith713

Jun 29, 2011 -- 10:36PM, Kenatheinsane wrote:

is abortion murder ? no i dont belive it is however i dont agree with it in most cases but the choice should be left up to the women its her body and her choice

The problem with your thinking is that there are two bodies involved in abortion, mother AND child.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."--John14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-- John 3:16

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2011 - 1:39PM #820
faith713

Jul 11, 2011 -- 12:27AM, Tigress42 wrote:

Jan 25, 2009 -- 7:54PM, apotter wrote:

Actually, Solfeggio, if you have been reading my comments, you would realize that I  (and probably most  pro-life people) really have no desire to lock woman up for having an abortion, we just want to end the killing of babies.  The problem seems to be the only way to stop something in this  world, is to make it illigal.  I myself ,have been the victim of many years of  molestation  in my youth and have also been the victim of rape.  Luckily, I did not become pregnant, however, if I had, I still would not have had an abortion.  I understand these are not black & white issues for all people, but they are for me.  If I had to make a decision between my life and the life of my baby, I would have to let God decide.  My life is not worth more than my baby's.   By the way, I can't speak for all Christians, but I am also anti-capital punishment, euthanasia, suicide, etc.

and who do you suppose is going to take care of all these babies when the mother doesnt want it? or if you were to have an unwanted pregnancy, and died because your body couldnt handle it? get put into terribly foster care, sit in an orphanage all their lives unloved??

i bet a loving, caring, nuturing gay couple would love to take care of your orphan - but wait? it would be unfair unethical for a child to not have a male and female perspective and it would be better for them to live in an abusive setting of a heterosexual couple

With that logic, infanticide is justifiable as well. Next, whose going to take care of all those elderly or disabled people? Peter Sanger?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 82 of 85  •  Prev 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook