Page 3 of 86  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is abortion murder?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 12:30PM #21
RiverMoonlady
No, they won't - they are convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that BeliefNet is a "pro- word not allowed" site run by the heinous prochoice murderers - and at least one has gone so far as to complain to advertisers and the site operators!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 12:42PM #22
Daldianus

RiverMoonlady wrote:

I've read many posts on a prolife site where members state unequivocally that abortion is murder, that women who abort should be sent to jail and that the doctors who perform abortions should be stripped of their licenses AND jailed.  One poster even went so far as to say that anyone who performs an abortion on a teenager should go to jail for 35 years - but "only" 25 years for doing an abortion on an adult woman.

The posters who agreed with this were all male.  Hmmmm.

That's telling ...

I'd like to know their view though on what the sentence should be for an adult who killed an adult. Also 25/35 years? Or more?

>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 12:42PM #23
Tmarie64
[QUOTE=RiverMoonlady;1038539]No, they won't - they are convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that BeliefNet is a "pro- word not allowed" site run by the heinous prochoice murderers - and at least one has gone so far as to complain to advertisers and the site operators![/QUOTE]

Idiots.....
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 12:43PM #24
Daldianus

RiverMoonlady wrote:

No, they won't - they are convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that BeliefNet is a "pro- word not allowed" site run by the heinous prochoice murderers - and at least one has gone so far as to complain to advertisers and the site operators!

Seriously? Geez ... But that explains why there's not many of them here ... What's a well-frequented prolife debate site?

“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 1:01PM #25
Free2beme09
Okay Daldi I have been waiting for a pro-lifer myself.  You have had me interested, but now I have given up. 

I am pro choice.  I think it's a women's body, her body~her choice, and that's that.  I go even further as to say no man should be allowed any say in legislation involving the abortion controversy.  ;)

I am sure I will ruffle some feather's!!!:eek:
Religion is for those afraid of hell.  Spirituality is had by those who have been there!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 5:11PM #26
Daldianus
*bump for the pro-lifers*
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 8:59PM #27
solfeggio
It is curious that only pro-choice people have posted on a site that simply asks people to state whether they think abortion is murder.  I would have thought that there'd be lots of the usual suspects quoting biblical verse, giving examples of women who (for various reasons) were really, really glad that they didn't have an abortion, and even trotting out the old stuff about potential human life being sacred and the fetus as a real live baby, etc.

Curiouser and curiouser.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 10:41PM #28
gorm-sionnach

solfeggio wrote:

It is curious that only pro-choice people have posted on a site that simply asks people to state whether they think abortion is murder.  I would have thought that there'd be lots of the usual suspects quoting biblical verse, giving examples of women who (for various reasons) were really, really glad that they didn't have an abortion, and even trotting out the old stuff about potential human life being sacred and the fetus as a real live baby, etc.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Yes, the most vocal PL's are noticeably absent (but it also looks like they have not posted for several days on any of these forums...) have they just given up?:confused:

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 3:19AM #29
Daldianus
Maybe they just need a break ... or maybe they are painting more signs to promote their irrational statements!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 10:58AM #30
Howcanwereconcile
If we are clear about the first question, the other questions are easier to answer. A woman with a full term baby is about to give birth and decides to have it aborted. What's the difference between aborting a baby one minute before he is born or murdering him one minute after he is born?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 86  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook