Page 1 of 86  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Is abortion murder?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 12:28PM #1
Daldianus
Pro-lifers:

Is abortion murder?

If yes then should it be therefore made illegal?

If yes then what should be done to women who abort illegally?

Thank you.

(they asked the same questions to these people: video ... very interesting reactions)
>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 7:53PM #2
lAuR1987
[QUOTE=Daldianus;1033991]Pro-lifers:

Is abortion murder?

If yes then should it be therefore made illegal?

If yes then what should be done to women who abort illegally?

Thank you.

(they asked the same questions to these people: video ... very interesting reactions)[/QUOTE]

Hmm...my impression was that...somewhere deep down...they recognize that "murder" and "abortion" are truly two different things. I wonder if any pro lifers here will take a stab at answering it.  Why bother making something illegal if you aren't going to enforce a penalty for it? Even with jaywalking you usually have to pay a fine.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 2:39AM #3
Daldianus
Yeah, that's why I'd like to see pro-lifers answer in here too ...
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 12:29PM #4
Daldianus
Come on ... 34 views and only ONE reaction to the original post? Don't be so shy!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 2:46PM #5
pIrish

Daldianus wrote:

Come on ... 34 views and only ONE reaction to the original post? Don't be so shy!

I'm sure a lot of those views are pro-choicers coming in to see if any pro-lifers have responded yet...or pro-lifers waiting for another pro-lifer to respond first.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 2:54PM #6
Tmarie64
"I haven't thought about that"....  Typical of many plers I've met... They ONLY want to impose their will on others, yet don't think about anything else.
If it's illegal how can they think there should be no punishment?
Break speed laws... Get a ticket
Steal... Go to jail.
Just proof that they don't think about the women.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 3:03PM #7
Daldianus

pIrish wrote:

I'm sure a lot of those views are pro-choicers coming in to see if any pro-lifers have responded yet...or pro-lifers waiting for another pro-lifer to respond first.

You're probably right.

Which makes me think that the pro-lifers in here are as well prepared for this question as those in that video ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 3:04PM #8
Daldianus

Tmarie64 wrote:

"I haven't thought about that"....  Typical of many plers I've met... They ONLY want to impose their will on others, yet don't think about anything else.
If it's illegal how can they think there should be no punishment?
Break speed laws... Get a ticket
Steal... Go to jail.
Just proof that they don't think about the women.

It shows that they're approaching this problem in a very naive way and that they're being used by their leaders.

This question must create an enormous cognitive dissonance in them ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 3:20PM #9
Tmarie64
Re. cognitive dissonance...  Yes, it was obvious on the faces of every person asked.  They REALLY had not thought about it.
Why?   Could it be because they are mindless boobs who follow without question... "Thuh BAHHBLE sayed it so I blieve it"...  Even though they don't know that the bible says it, only that someone SAYS the bible says it.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 3:45PM #10
solfeggio
Is abortion murder?
No.

Abortion usually consists of removing an embryo from the uterine wall and disposing of it.  In some cases, an abortion means that a fetus has been removed before it is capable of living on its own.

In any case, abortion cannot be termed murder because nobody has been killed.

Where people get their knickers in a twist is that they have this idea that ending the life of a 'potential' human is some sort of sin.  Does the Bible say anything about abortion, either pro or con?  I have no idea.  But, I'm sure that somebody somewhere found some place in the Bible where the lord said it was wrong, or words to that effect.  But, heck, you can find anything you want in the Bible if you look hard enough.

Here's a link to an interesting article presenting the case that the Bible has nothing relevant to say, pro or con:

http://www.elroy.net/ehr/abortion.html

People as mindless boobs?  LOL  Unfortunately, a lot of people do fit this description.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 86  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook