Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 57  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 57 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The reason for all animal cruelty and killing by humans
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 7:28PM #51
SkyWalker53
[QUOTE=Hmmmmmmm;367537]skywalker, what exactly do you think should be done to rectify the situation?[/QUOTE]

as I already said, the first step is to uncover the root of the problem, to understand it's source. To fix a problem you have to find out what causes it.

Neutering males won't happen so the alternative is to use the information as a catalyst for better behavior. When a person realizes why they are doing something, they are able to confront it and control it. For instance, as the information becomes more common knowledge, it would cause many thinking humans to question many of the things in this society we find acceptable, war, animal killing for example. The behavior can be curbed and I think it would even become embarrassing when it's root is discovered.

Slaughterhouses exist because the male gender is hormonally driven to dominate. That is quite a mind opener.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 8:05PM #52
Gandalf_Parker
Heehee. Welcome to the  Animal Rights & Welfare Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 9:24PM #53
Gandalf_Parker
My wife is a vegetarian but she would have less qualms about butchering an animal than I would. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 10:17PM #54
SkyWalker53
Both of you waste your time posting exceptions to the rule.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 10:48PM #55
John_T_Mainer
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;368936]Both of you waste your time posting exceptions to the rule.[/QUOTE]

Don't cloud her opinions with facts damnit!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 11:27PM #56
bluehorserunning
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;368550]I see you're still at it BH. You're still caught up in your self defensive image of yourself. You have an opportunity to understand both the origin and solution for violence in your species and you are self defensively tossing it off because you have been conditioned to think empathy and cooperation is weak (female); violence and domination are strong (male).[/QUOTE]

How much do I owe you for that freudian analysis, Sky? 
given that it's unsolicited, I'm afraid you can't expect to be paid very much.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 11:36PM #57
SkyWalker53
[QUOTE=Schädel;369034]here are you exceptions to the rule that you insulted by default...

1.7 million woman warriors. hoowahh!

Military

1.7 million
The number of military veterans who are women.
(Source: Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2006, Table 510.)

Total number of active duty women in the military, as of Sept. 30, 2004. Of that total,
35,100 women were officers and 177,000 were enlisted.
(Source: Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2006, Table 501.)

15%
Proportion of members of the armed forces who were women, as of Sept. 30, 2004. In 1950, women comprised fewer than 2 percent.
(Source: Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2006, Table 501.)

CB06-FF.03-2
February 22, 2006

Women’s History Month: March 2006

In 1981, the U.S. Congress passed a resolution establishing National Women’s History Week. The week was chosen to coincide with International Women’s Day, March 8. In 1987, Congress expanded the week to a month. Every year since, Congress has passed a resolution for Women’s History Month, and the U.S. president has issued a proclamation.

149.1 million
The number of females in the United States as of July 1, 2004. That exceeds the number of males (144.5 million). Males outnumbered females in every five-year-age group through the 35- to 39-age group. Starting with the 40- to 44-age group, women outnumbered men. At 85 and over, there were more than twice as many women as men. [/QUOTE]

This might be difficult for you to understand.... but there would be no military if not for the male gender creating the need for violent opposition. And sorry, but history is clear about violence being a male gender dynamic. A smattering of the female gender in a male military trying to make a buck, not combat soldiers, is not conveying otherwise. Hey MM could accept the facts about gender and violence, so can you and Mainer.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 11:51PM #58
Gandalf_Parker

SkyWalker53 wrote:

This might be difficult for you to understand.... but there would be no military if not for the male gender creating the need for violent opposition. And sorry, but history is clear about violence being a male gender dynamic. A smattering of the female gender in a male military trying to make a buck, not combat soldiers, is not conveying otherwise. Hey MM could accept the facts about gender and violence, so can you and Mainer.

So if women ruled the world we would only have wars a few days out of each month?
(I apologize for that but it seemed to fit as a response for what she was typing)

By the way, Ive known quite a few female military (Im retired military) and many are non-combat only because they have no choice in it. In fact I know the one this was designed for and she loved it.
http://www.cafepress.com/my_world_is.29824710

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2008 - 12:52AM #59
SkyWalker53
You keep forgetting, this entire society is a male gender construct. Like BH, some women are conditioned by this male dominated society to feel that they must act like men to have self worth. She must prove herself by being a "man", not by expressing what is hormonally natural to a female, empathy and cooperation.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2008 - 4:55AM #60
bluehorserunning
...because any woman who disagrees with Sky can't possibly be a 'real woman (TM)'.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 57  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 57 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook