Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 57  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The reason for all animal cruelty and killing by humans
10 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2008 - 8:56PM #21
Chai008
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;363936]well this is part of the problem. Cynthia thinks that a male who avoids to harming others unless in self defense is a "wuss". Sigh.....

Killing defenseless animals or children is the most cowardly thing any human can do, male or female.[/QUOTE]

Yeah whatever again I want a husband not a nutered yes man. And I wasn't refering to only hunters becuase my husband happens to be the only hunter I have ever dated.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2008 - 9:14PM #22
SkyWalker53
[QUOTE=Chai008;363969]Yeah whatever again I want a husband not a nutered yes man. And I wasn't refering to only hunters becuase my husband happens to be the only hunter I have ever dated.[/QUOTE]

You've never met a neutered male so how would you know you wouldn't like a non-violent male? I know that my male cats actually became extremely sweet and more lovable after being neutered. They stopped roaming, fighting, territorial marking, and all sorts of anti-social behavior. They had one track minds driven by testosterone. Now I can actually get to know the real them behind the hormone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2008 - 11:34PM #23
John_T_Mainer
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;364015]You've never met a neutered male so how would you know you wouldn't like a non-violent male? I know that my male cats actually became extremely sweet and more lovable after being neutered. They stopped roaming, fighting, territorial marking, and all sorts of anti-social behavior. They had one track minds driven by testosterone. Now I can actually get to know the real them behind the hormone.[/QUOTE]

Of course the neutered cats will still spend happy hours torturing mice and playing with parts of their bird kills, but don't let that disturb you.  Never let the facts disturb you Sky, or you just wouldn't be you. 

Why am I not at all surprised that you cannot handle a real male, even when it is not in your own species?  And yet you deem it natural to lecture women who can.......how droll.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 12:18AM #24
solfeggio
What cats do to mice has nothing whatever to do with what humans do to nonhumans.  In any case, if cats are kept indoors then they don't torture mice.  Case closed.

And what on earth is this drivel about Sky not being able to handle 'a real male'?  LOL.  God, that's funny.  I've no doubt at all that Sky can handle 'real males' very well indeed. 

I mean, really,  You sound like something out of one of those dumb romance novels.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 12:57AM #25
bluehorserunning
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;364015]You've never met a neutered male so how would you know you wouldn't like a non-violent male? I know that my male cats actually became extremely sweet and more lovable after being neutered. They stopped roaming, fighting, territorial marking, and all sorts of anti-social behavior. They had one track minds driven by testosterone. Now I can actually get to know the real them behind the hormone.[/QUOTE]

You know what else neutered male cats don't do?  Hint:  three letters, starts with s and ends with x.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 1:18AM #26
SkyWalker53
[QUOTE=John_T_Mainer;364402]Of course the neutered cats will still spend happy hours torturing mice and playing with parts of their bird kills, but don't let that disturb you.  Never let the facts disturb you Sky, or you just wouldn't be you. 

Why am I not at all surprised that you cannot handle a real male, even when it is not in your own species?  And yet you deem it natural to lecture women who can.......how droll.[/QUOTE]

Um, cats are carnivores so yes even when spayed or neutered they will do what is natural to survive.

Handle a 'real' male? i assure you my boyfriend is real and is certainly not stupid enough to think that hurting defenseless animals and children makes him a "real male". In fact, he is one of the few males whom we wouldn't need to neuter since he actually rescues animals instead of hurting them like a sadistic coward. The rest of you boys do need to be neutered so that we can stop all animal cruelty and put an end to your weekend jollies of killing animals for fun. Take the balls out, and you might actually see your cowardly error of shooting at defenseless animals.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 1:21AM #27
SkyWalker53
[QUOTE=bluehorserunning;364533]You know what else neutered male cats don't do?  Hint:  three letters, starts with s and ends with x.[/QUOTE]

So what's more important? Sex ...or putting an end to wars and massive animal cruelty once and for all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 8:55AM #28
Hmmmmmmm
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;364563] The rest of you boys do need to be neutered so that we can stop all animal cruelty and put an end to your weekend jollies of killing animals for fun. Take the balls out, and you might actually see your cowardly error of shooting at defenseless animals.[/QUOTE]

You're so silly!

No one is going to listen to you, hence my reasoning behind saying you want too much change, and don't understand human psychology.

Your fanaticism is utterly useless.  You just said that men should be neutered.  Do you not understand the fact that no one is going to listen to that?  its a waste of your time to write it; and just like with animals, where you claim that it ALL MUST CHANGE NOW, you blind people from the truth of animal suffering by appealing to their defensiveness, similar to how you'll blind people to the possible truth of male hormones being the root of most evil in man by saying you want males to be neutered!  LOL YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!   People are always too busy being defensive to you that they don't even have a chance to listen openly to what you have to say!
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 9:18AM #29
Gandalf_Parker
[QUOTE=Hmmmmmmm;364850]LOL YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!   People are always too busy being defensive to you that they don't even have a chance to listen openly to what you have to say![/QUOTE]
Bingo. It does not help her cause.
It damages the subject to take such an extreme stance so loudly. She actually turns people away from the "debate" side of this forum.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 9:59AM #30
mytmouse57
Once again, the ironic thing is, I have no beef with Sky's basic premise. Violence and cruelty are primarily driven by male dominance and the equality -- true equality -- of women and a greater balance between the masculine and feminine energies will greatly curb the violence and suffering in this world.. for both humans and animals.

Stuff like what John T posted misses the point, IMO. Those are cases of women acting like men in order to attain "equality" in a patriarchy. You know, the old "if you can't beat them, join them" philosophy.

Here in the industrial West, we see the same thing. Women become a "success" in the cut-throat, back-stabbing business world by taking on or playing up masculine characteristics. 

Yes there ARE women who natrually enjoy a good fight. We have some examples of that on this board.. in our resident women martial artists. There's nothing wrong with that.. just like there's nothing wrong with the few men who actually excell in nurturing roles -- like running a pre-school day care.

But, IMO, the fact still stands that MOST women really don't have the temperment for the boxing ring and MOST men don't really have the temperment to take care of a room full of infants and toddlers.

I think I've brought this up in this forum before. But long ago on another debate board (I'm not sure it was even on B'net) I witnessed a discussion on gender equality between a few White women and a Black woman. The Black woman brought up something I thought was very profound. To paraphrase her, "Generally speaking, White women seem to seek equality by striving to be like men and have all the things men have, while Black women strive not to quit being women, but to get due respect AS women."

So, anyway, when women gain equality AS women.. and not just trying to be men with breasts because that's what the male-dominated system expects of them... I think we will see a signifigant drop in violence and brutality.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 57  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook