Page 20 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do these people even deserve to live?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2008 - 11:35PM #191
mountain_man

McAtheist wrote:

So they DON'T get the special treatment we give to criminals...

Since you want these "criminals" dead, I'd say they're lucky not to get same treatment.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2008 - 11:36PM #192
mountain_man

McAtheist wrote:

I posted my source

That's nice you posted your source, but I wasn't referring to YOUR sources. I was referring to the double standard of demanding sources from me but not from those that agree with you.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 12:55AM #193
McAtheist
[QUOTE=mountain_man;466538]That's nice you posted your source, but I wasn't referring to YOUR sources. I was referring to the double standard of demanding sources from me but not from those that agree with you.[/QUOTE]

Thats nice that you think the other kids on the playground are picking on you.  It in no way changes the fact that you made a claim of 90% reduction in returns to prison that is completely out of line with anything I can find on it.  Where did you get that number?  Can you back up your assertion or not?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 9:57AM #194
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=mountain_man;466287]Interesting.... another double standard. When divalicious was whining about grammar and being bitchy, you said nothing.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Not at all, I took issue with the way in which your statement came across. I have defended Becca , even you for that matter on a number of occasions. I have also fought with the very people here that are in favor of the DP. So, don't try your, "it's unfair" mentality with me.   [/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 10:09AM #195
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=mountain_man;466536]Since you want these "criminals" dead, I'd say they're lucky not to get same treatment.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]If you are saying that they are "lucky" not to be getting the same treatment that they gave their victims, I'd say you are right. I'd execute those that truly guilty right after their 1st failed appeal. It would be more than they gave their victims.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 11:27PM #196
mountain_man

McAtheist wrote:

Thats nice that you think the other kids on the playground are picking on you.....

I never said that. :cool:

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2008 - 11:31PM #197
mountain_man

bubbysmommy wrote:

Not at all, I took issue with the way in which your statement came across.

My statement came across as saying that all human beings are of the same value and that all are deserving of human treatment. My statements should be coming across, of you listen, that our society is bent on persecuting people instead of trying to figure out how to help them. My statements should be coming across as those that are "though on crime" like to look down on those that are not perfect so they can feel perfect themselves.

I took your statement to mean exactly what you said; not everyone deserves the same treatment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 12:16AM #198
McAtheist
Mountain_man: " I never said that.."

But you did say this:

[QUOTE=mountain_man;463812]Again, you should do your research. Educating inmates, either completing high school or AA degrees, reduces recidivism by almost 90%.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the figure 90%?  If you are done dodging the question, that is.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 8:38AM #199
becca97
[QUOTE=mountain_man;469205]My statement came across as saying that all human beings are of the same value and that all are deserving of human treatment. My statements should be coming across, of you listen, that our society is bent on persecuting people instead of trying to figure out how to help them. My statements should be coming across as those that are "though on crime" like to look down on those that are not perfect so they can feel perfect themselves.

I took your statement to mean exactly what you said; not everyone deserves the same treatment.[/QUOTE]

That is how your posts come across dave, and it is dammed accurate imho. Quite how anyone can support the further devaluing of human life is beyond me. Surely our societies need to value life more, to seek solutions not smeared with blood, worse often with blood of innocents.

beccaxx
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 6:33PM #200
runninrev
Sorry, but after a long soul searching, I have come to be unalterably opposed to the death penalty under any circumstance. Yes, separate them from society, but it is not up to us to exercise the ultimste penalty. That is the realm of God and not ours.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook