Page 1 of 22  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do these people even deserve to live?
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 12:39PM #1
RiverMoonlady
Becca97, I wasn't talking about people in prison.  I was referring to those who are released on parole, which does happen to those who have committed murder and/or rape.

People get all bent out of shape about child molesters and sex offenders in their neighborhoods, but who gets notified if a murderer is released?  It's not that I am personally afraid of these people.  I have family and friends and I want them all to have long, good lives.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2008 - 12:58PM #2
RiverMoonlady
I'm looking for anyone who can give me even ONE good reason why ANY of the following people do or did not deserve the death penalty:

Charles Manson
Timothy McVeigh
David Westerfield
Ted Bundy                                                             
Jeffrey Dahmer                                                   
Eric and Lyle Menendez                                     
David Berkowitz                                                   
Richard Allen Davis                                             
Lynn Turner                                                         
Clinton Turner                                                       
Danny Jones                                                         
John Sweeney                                                     
Ed Gein
William Suff
Angel Resendez-Ramirez
Lawrence Bittaker
Roy Norris                                                           
John Wayne Gacy
Michael E. Correll                                                 
Susan Smith
Scott Peterson
Arthur Shawcross
Ian Huntley

You will be able to find all of them on the internet.  All are murderers (some of the serial variety) and some are also rapists.  All of them committed violent and despicable crimes, nearly always against women and/or children.  Their stories will shock and upset many of you.  I hope their stories enlighten and frighten you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2008 - 1:09PM #3
becca97
In the case of serial killers such as Myra Hindley for example then if they are put to death their power of withholding victim body location information remains and gives them a sense of power and so long as death is on the cards via DP this is normally the case. However remove DP and any positive media attention and eventually (in hindleys case many years eventually but not so many years interestingly before she died of natural courses) they will reveal those locations for the attention.

For me if i where a family or friend of a victim knowing where they were and being able to bury/cremate tham properly with love not violence would mean more to me than seeking the DP.

Often when people like this face the DP they do so as some kinds of anti heros one last rebellion against society and it grants some of what could be described as more mediocre serial killers (those who lack a certain charisma) notoriety by association and death, more so if the death is something thrilling to the media and populace as the electric chair.

Honestly people like that are not of any interest aside from anythign we may learn about serial killers to hopefully help the worlds law enforcment catch them quicker each time one shows up. But there again is another reason to keep them alive the chance of being able to catch another serial killer because of lessons learnt from other cases and interviews with others has got to be worthwhile?

One case in i think it was Alaska it was only this one cops knowledge of some serial killer cases that made him dig deeper into disappeared strippers and prostitues and eventually call in the FBI the guy they caught was only in his mid 40's-50's so had plenty of bodies to rack up if not caught.

That imho is worth keeping folks like that alive.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2008 - 6:11PM #4
bubbysmommy
[COLOR="Teal"][FONT="Georgia"]I must respectfully disagree.These monsters have no reason to be kept alive in my opinion. Yes, if they have vital information as to the where abouts of a living victim, then I say keep them alive as long as any hope remains of finding them alive. As to the bodies of their victims. I can see your point. I personally would want to be able to bury those that I loved & know where they are. The thing is, I don't think that in & of itself should remove the DP from the table. John Wayne Gacy still found ways of contacting the victims families. They are all capable of reaching the outside world in some form or another. The only way to stop that is to execute them. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2008 - 12:31PM #5
RiverMoonlady
Unfortunately, some serial killers have killed so many people that they don't even remember where they left the bodies.  In some cases, they don't even remember the MURDERS.  Ted Bundy had ample opportunity before his execution to confess the details and locations of all of his victims, and did so - but does anyone really know if he told all??

I agree with bubbysmommy on this one.  Serial killers/rapists deserve to die.  Period.   I'd also like to see the death penalty for serial pedophiles.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 9:06AM #6
becca97
Didn't say they didn't deserve to die; obviously asking for reasons why people like that don't deserve to die is a loaded and BIASED query, what i DID was provided ample cause for discussion as to the various reasons keeping them alive can BENEFIT society as a whole.

btw the majority of serial killers keep detailed traces of the locations of bodies or they keep trophies of some sort often the only way law enforcment find all or hopefully all is by the testimony of the killers themselves and some if the DP is on the table retain that power (basic psychology) so even in death they win.

Truth is even this biased query is no more black and white than any other aspect of the DP no matter how hard pro DPers try to make it so.

In the Hindley moors murders case UK the family of the remaining known victim without a body said throughout the years that they both prayed for hers and Brady's deaths but feared them as well as with their death went their last chance of finding their daughters body to bury. Eventually Hindly in a last bid for attention and power did reveal (after a few false starts and leads) the location of the body which was exhumed and re-buried in an approriate place; had the UK still had the DP she'd have been too dead to reveal anything Brady took his secrets to the grave with him as woudl she had she not had the intervening time and even then she only did it in the nick of time.

So you see even victims families in such cases are in a paradox of feeling.

Plus all we know of profiling and so forth is due to the study if serial killers both during their killing time and when/if caught. If nothign else both these issues certainly logically and rationally point to a delay in the DP in such cases and in the above example (moors murders) suggest in some cases at least the DP can still do more harm than good.

Lets face it even using the above examples of "humanity" the DP is still an issue surrounded by grey areas, even seeming black and white cases have alot of grey issues around them not least the seeking of death by the state/gov.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2008 - 9:12AM #7
becca97
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;354888][COLOR="Teal"][FONT="Georgia"]I must respectfully disagree.These monsters have no reason to be kept alive in my opinion. Yes, if they have vital information as to the where abouts of a living victim, then I say keep them alive as long as any hope remains of finding them alive. As to the bodies of their victims. I can see your point. I personally would want to be able to bury those that I loved & know where they are. The thing is, I don't think that in & of itself should remove the DP from the table. John Wayne Gacy still found ways of contacting the victims families. They are all capable of reaching the outside world in some form or another. The only way to stop that is to execute them. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Depends on where they are kept and restrictions on their mail use etc, there is actualy no reason at all why someone aught be able to contact the victims families IF the authorites do their jobs responsibly.

I agree in and of itself no single reason should be used to either go ahead with the DP or remove it HOWEVER reasons as have been provided shoudl certainly make those all fired up to use the DP question the WIDER implications of the DP and that victims families CAN also suffer when the DP is used alongside being glad if the bodies are not found and so on.

As i said previously one thing that becomes increasingly clear as i discuss this topic in more depth is the grey areas just get greyer and the black and white disapear into more grey.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 12:35PM #8
RiverMoonlady
[QUOTE=Recon3rd;427849]Well considering there is a completely different 'moral' code in prison and women and child rapists/killers are at the bottom of the food chain, they become mere property. They get to live out there physical lives in an environment that's predatory and they are the prey. I say let them live in fear, pain and humiliation until they die or killed in prison. Death is to quick for them.

Peterson innocent, no murder weapon recovered, what about all the other evidence? Guess OJ is innocent also since, 'if the glove don't fit you must acquit'.[/QUOTE]

I would have included OJ had he been found guilty.

As for Scott Peterson, he WAS found guilty.  Therefore, his name goes on the list for the sheer brutality of his crime.  To plot the murder of your own wife and son is something only a heartlessly cruel beast can do.  He deserves to die.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 12:35PM #9
RiverMoonlady
[QUOTE=Recon3rd;427849]Well considering there is a completely different 'moral' code in prison and women and child rapists/killers are at the bottom of the food chain, they become mere property. They get to live out there physical lives in an environment that's predatory and they are the prey. I say let them live in fear, pain and humiliation until they die or killed in prison. Death is to quick for them.

Peterson innocent, no murder weapon recovered, what about all the other evidence? Guess OJ is innocent also since, 'if the glove don't fit you must acquit'.[/QUOTE]

I would have included OJ had he been found guilty.

As for Scott Peterson, he WAS found guilty.  Therefore, his name goes on the list for the sheer brutality of his crime.  To plot the murder of your own wife and son is something only a heartlessly cruel beast can do.  He deserves to die.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2008 - 12:34PM #10
RiverMoonlady
Wouldn't you be more than a little bit bothered if one of these people lived next door to you???  They could be there and you wouldn't even know their history.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 22  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook