Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 12:05PM #21
divalicious
I am Pro-Choice because the choice to become a mother is a difficult decision. My biology should not decree that motherhood be an absolute. It is insulting to tell a grown woman facing so painful a choice, that you will only concede if she meets certain criteria.
The choice is deeply personal for every woman who undergoes the procedure, and I for one will protect, and honor, her right to do so.

I am Pro- Birth control. Our society should be providing free, safe, and effective birth control methods, for every sexually active woman of childbearing age, who would "choose" waiting on motherhood. Then, the need for abortion would better serve our society, by being used in those emergency situations that you pro- lifers are fond of employing as "your reasons".

I am a meat eater. I am also an animal activist. I eat meat for survival. I advocate for the humane treatment of animals who are raised as a food source. I advocate against circuses, and against entertainment captivity. I advocate for captivity only when our intrusion has de-stabilized an animal population towards extinction.
Then, we must intervene, since it is our hand- sending them into the shade.

I recycle, and go green wherever possible.

I am against the war in Iraq, but, for the war in Afghanistan.

I am Pro- Death penalty- I don't want the "bad seeds" living off my tax dollars, and hard work.
I don't want them living period.
I want the crime of rape to be returned to "Capitol Offense" status and included in the death penalty in all fifty states. ( It is currently only employed in 3 states)
Especially for child predators, and for serial rapists.
Are society just needs to remove this damaging faction from the planet- permanently.

I advocate for children's and womens rights whenever and where ever I'm needed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 12:58PM #22
bubbysmommy
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]We have a great deal in common. You have stated your case eloquently.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 1:25AM #23
moparjones
After having read all of the postings to the original question I must say that I'm surprised that there are quite a few personal feelings and very little biblical basis for these opinions. In Exodus 20 the 10 commandments are listed. The most popular of anti-dp folks being thou shall not kill. Yet if you look to Exodus 21, the very next chapter, the proper reasons for the death penalty are outlined. The one that fits here being the planning and carrying out of someone elses demise. As Christians we believe the whole book or none of it, and if it's none of it then they are not Christian.
As for abortion, these children have not asked to be conceived. It was the "parents' unwillingness to take preventive measures. Thus to use abortion as a means of birth control is about as immoral as one can get. Yet I also have to agree that there are instances that an abortion would be understandable. Rape, incest, possible death of mother or fetus, etc. Although I can't find it at the moment I seem to remember a verse from Jesus giving us a command to protect the young and the old, and you don't get much younger than a fetus.
I must admit that I have been unable to follow the different wars, but I still have yet to understand why if we were looking for Ben Ladin how we ended up with Hussein. Oh well, I kind of figure that even if we never catch him he'll be sorely dissapointed to not find his seventy virgins waiting for him, or if they are then they are all male.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2008 - 8:23AM #24
Tmarie64

bubbysmommy wrote:

In my opinion, not ALL life should be valued. If you kill someone in cold blood, you place yourself on the level of an animal that kills without regard for life.   

Ummmm... to compare human killers to animals and talking about "an animal the kills without regard for life"... is disgusting.  Animals don't kill just to be killing, with the exception of a few dogs.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook