Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The D.P. is Abortion for adults!
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 3:10AM #1
yellowstone_rattler
What are you thoughts on this issue?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 5:17AM #2
bubbysmommy
[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Not seeing this one. In an abortion, you are dealing with a completely innocent child. Big difference here.This child could not have even remotely been guilty of a capital crime. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 6:55AM #3
becca97
Bottom line abortion is one issue with its own complexities and grey areas and the DP is its own issue with its own complexities and grey areas.

One important difference of course is one issue is dealing predomiantly with barely formed feti and the other fully formed, born people many of whom turn out to be innocent or redeemable.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 2:02PM #4
bubbysmommy
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Innocence I care about. Redeemable? I could care less about whether or not they are "redeemable". [/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2008 - 11:26PM #5
yellowstone_rattler
Some one told me this was their view of the death penalty, so I thought I would share it on here to see if anyone else agreed with him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2008 - 8:59AM #6
becca97
On the understanding i am not willing to get dragged into an abortion discussion in any way shape or form i'll go a little further on this ... up to a point.

Arguably those more likely to be in positions where abortion is a serious options are very, very poor people who are either in abusive realtionships, been raped, on the streets, have little or no money for a child so it could be argued that the poor are more likly to utalise abortions because of poor life chances etc .... and it could also be argued that those in the poorest areas with the poorest education and life chances are more likely to get caught in stupid mistakes, gang crimes, gun crimes and/or depression realted psychotic episodes and as a result of that it is the poorest and most vulnerable in society who are more likely to get caught up in either abortion services and judiciary and hence DP services.

As a result improving life chances, targetting those who have made a mistake or had a psychotic episode preferably before DP is on the table or a possibility get them into decent education, improved standards of living decrease vulnerability, increase sex education on contraceptive STD's and STI's maybe give empathy classes in schools/colleges, help poorer communties to regenerate themselves garden desgins, etc all are statistically proven to aid in lowering community crime rates and gang involvment (in the uk anyway BCS stats and home office stats suggest) all of thse things on making people feel better about themselves where they live, improved life chances can onyl help reduce poor people getting into serious troubel and potentially facing the DP, will give poorer women improved life chances and maybe better security and confidence that they can find a way and reduce the occurences of abortion as a last option for survival.

i still think it is a strtetch to link abortion and the DP.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2008 - 9:11AM #7
becca97
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;325084][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Innocence I care about. Redeemable? I could care less about whether or not they are "redeemable". [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Understandable given your experiences .... take one mentally disturbed young kid who has a pychotic episode and kills his mother .... with treatment he lives an entirly non violent life and i do mean entirly ... now whether or not he should be let back into full society is another issue but to kill him for one error that was not even his own fault or responsibility when he could live in a prison or hosptial catering to his needs where he might even give back to society by helping us to better understand what causes psychotic episodes by creating art, books, flowers, or working in fields or whatever ....

This is why i keep saying the DP is not a black and white issue, whether someone killed someone or not is not reason enough on its own to take that life if we are a civilised society as we claim to be (western society) then redeemable has got to be important, even if one supports killing them should we wish to remove any vestiges of humanity from a person we as society are going to kill? Does that make us better than the killers being put to death?

not necessarily questions with easy answers or even answerable but questions that we all aught ask ourselves i reckon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2008 - 11:20PM #8
SkyWalker53
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;325084][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Innocence I care about. Redeemable? I could care less about whether or not they are "redeemable". [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If you care about innocence then you should also be opposed to killing innocent animals. Consistency.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2008 - 10:42PM #9
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;328444]If you care about innocence then you should also be opposed to killing innocent animals. Consistency.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]GIVE ME A BREAK! this discussion is about the DP as it concerns HUMANS! It is apparent to me that since you were unable to drag me into this nonsense on the BOARD THAT IS DEDICATED TO IT, you are going to continually bring up this nonsense here.I warn you now, I will simply ignore your careless deviation from the main topic at hand, the DP as it concerns HUMANS!
If you wish to discuss DP on this board as it was intended, I will be more than willing to have a chat with you, otherwise, we are through here. I do not have the energy or the want to discuss my dietary choices with you. [/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 6:36AM #10
becca97
[QUOTE=richardt;434441]Do you mean like chickens and cows?[/QUOTE]

She means any animal i imagine ... but as jodi rightly said at the time this is the DP board not the AR & AW boards which is where discussions on meat eating etc take place.

Here we have our own hot topic we certainly don't need to add animal rights to the mix ;)

beccaxx
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook