Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The D.P. is Abortion for adults!
6 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2008 - 6:31PM #11
kamakaz68
[QUOTE=becca97;326668]Understandable given your experiences .... take one mentally disturbed young kid who has a pychotic episode and kills his mother .... with treatment he lives an entirly non violent life and i do mean entirly ... now whether or not he should be let back into full society is another issue but to kill him for one error that was not even his own fault or responsibility when he could live in a prison or hosptial catering to his needs where he might even give back to society by helping us to better understand what causes psychotic episodes by creating art, books, flowers, or working in fields or whatever ....

This is why i keep saying the DP is not a black and white issue, whether someone killed someone or not is not reason enough on its own to take that life if we are a civilized society as we claim to be (western society) then redeemable has got to be important, even if one supports killing them should we wish to remove any vestiges of humanity from a person we as society are going to kill? Does that make us better than the killers being put to death?

not necessarily questions with easy answers or even answerable but questions that we all aught ask ourselves i reckon.[/QUOTE]
a life for a life =  justice with two exceptions only. The first you mentioned above, someone who is not mentally stable. for one he did not commit murder! The definition of murder is one who premeditates (plans out beforehand) the taking of another life. So a psychotic child did not murder.
the second is similar and that is the accidental taking of life, this is manslaughter, or just an accident in some cases. The bible is clear on the sentence of this type of taking of life, and that is these people need to have somewhere to escape from the families that may want to kill them. Which means no death sentence. In the bible they have cities of refuse to go to, and it is pretty much like a low security jail, they can live free but cant leave the city. In our society that would not work, so securing them in a jail, maybe but not treated as a criminal with the cuffs and what not.?.

however in response to the end of the quote above. WE are not killing, we are handing out justice, there is a differene, take the example below: (and that is what would keep us civilized, which we no longer are)

If a man walks into your child's classroom and shots and kills your child, would you want justice, a life for a life. YES you would, stop kidding yourself if you think you wouldn't. unless you did not love your child in the first place. Now I would pray that the man would seek forgiveness from God make it to heaven but he would have to go now! and I would forgive him myself (as least in time) but that does not mean he has the right to go living his life after he took someone else's life and destroyed countless others. and that is black and white, no grey area in Gods plan. This is all in the bible.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2008 - 6:49PM #12
kamakaz68
[QUOTE=SkyWalker53;328444]If you care about innocence then you should also be opposed to killing innocent animals. Consistency.[/QUOTE]

while i agree completely there is a difference between man and animal. We were created in Gods image and likeness. God gave us soul, spirit and body, which is what separates us from animals, we have a soul, which is suppose to commune with God, and a spirit, a mind to think with, to determine right from wrong (moral from immoral) and free will to choose what to do, to serve God, or evil or just serve ourselves.

I did not see any thread on the killing of animals. Was it from abuse, neglect? or because the animal is sick and dieing and killing it would be the humane thing to do for it? or Animal control, as they have so many animals they don't know what to do and it is expensive to keep them alive? That particular problem has no easy solution. we simply cant let them run wild and it is expensive to feed, maintain the care of so many abandoned pets and strays. I don't like the solution of killing them, but what is a real alternative?

going back thru the post i suspect it is from eating meat. Well that is not murder if God ordains it. First of all God killed the first animal in the bible, so you calling Him a murderer. He made clothes out of animal skin, hence He must have killed it, or committed serious animal abuse by skinning it alive. Not to mention He told countless people to sacrifice animals to cover there sins, in the flood, He preserved a couple of each and killed the rest. Plus He told Peter it was ok to eat any meat. but i agree that is a different topic.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook