Page 1 of 23  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 4:47PM #1
heldbygrace
Lethal injection is being fought by defense attorneys because they believe it is painful for those being executed by it. I have the solution.  It's immediate and painless.  The guillotine.  Why not?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 5:02PM #2
portabellini
[QUOTE=heldbygrace;243085]Lethal injection is being fought by defense attorneys because they believe it is painful for those being executed by it. I have the solution.  It's immediate and painless.  The guillotine.  Why not?[/QUOTE]

So being sliced open is not painful? Sure, it's quick, but painless it is not. And it's awful messy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 8:02PM #3
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=portabellini;243109]So being sliced open is not painful? Sure, it's quick, but painless it is not. And it's awful messy.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Might be messy, but there is no pain unless the blade hangs up. Sorry, without your head, you feel no pain.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 8:04PM #4
heldbygrace
[QUOTE=portabellini;243109]So being sliced open is not painful? Sure, it's quick, but painless it is not. And it's awful messy.[/QUOTE]

Hi Portabellini.  Don't you think it would happen so fast that pain would not be a factor? It would be  messy for the guy who picks up the head and gives it to the undertaker and the janitor who gets to clean up a little blood. Should "messiness" be a factor in considering an appropriate death penalty?

It probably takes less that a tenth of a second for the head to fall.  But if the person who deserved to die felt pain for that long (short), then that's not too bad a trade off for the death he caused someone else and which may not have been quick and very painful.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 9:45PM #5
solfeggio
Countries that consider themselves civilized have long since abolished the death penalty, and rightly so.  Because letting the State put somebody to death is barbaric.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 10:40PM #6
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=solfeggio;243637]Countries that consider themselves civilized have long since abolished the death penalty, and rightly so.  Because letting the State put somebody to death is barbaric.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]But putting more value on the life of the killer is NOT barbaric? Tell that to the families that have lost loved ones to murder. Explain to a child that just lost his mother & baby sister to murder that the life of the person that killed them is more important to you. Look that child in the eye & tell him that you care more for the scumbag that murdered his mom & baby sister, than you do about them. This is the cold hard fact. Killers need to be appropriately punished. The death penalty is much more humane than what they gave to their victims in most cases. Just so you know. The little boy that I am talking about here is not a made up character. His name is Aaron & he watched as his father stabbed his mother to death & slit his 2yr old sister's throat. That little girl strangled on her own blood. He watched that too. He was only 4yrs old at the time. Let me tell you this. He remembers everything. He is an adult now that happens to believe in the death penalty. He never asked for a reprieve on behalf of his father. He never visited that bastard in jail & has never had a single regret about it. Before talking about how barbaric you think the death penalty is, try to stand in the shoes of those affected by these monsters that you are trying to protect.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 11:19PM #7
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;243745][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]But putting more value on the life of the killer is NOT barbaric? Tell that to the families that have lost loved ones to murder. Explain to a child that just lost his mother & baby sister to murder that the life of the person that killed them is more important to you. Look that child in the eye & tell him that you care more for the scumbag that murdered his mom & baby sister, than you do about them. This is the cold hard fact. Killers need to be appropriately punished. The death penalty is much more humane than what they gave to their victims in most cases. Just so you know. The little boy that I am talking about here is not a made up character. His name is Aaron & he watched as his father stabbed his mother to death & slit his 2yr old sister's throat. That little girl strangled on her own blood. He watched that too. He was only 4yrs old at the time. Let me tell you this. He remembers everything. He is an adult now that happens to believe in the death penalty. He never asked for a reprieve on behalf of his father. He never visited that bastard in jail & has never had a single regret about it. Before talking about how barbaric you think the death penalty is, try to stand in the shoes of those affected by these monsters that you are trying to protect.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I heard that. sickem bubby.  I agree with you 40000000000000% This chick must be from Iowa.  (Idiots out walking around).  Bubby, people like this will eventually trip over them selves.  Personally, I think that the killer should die the way of the same as his vics ( in the security industry this is our slang for victims):D
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 11:27PM #8
cultresearcher
I think that they should bring back public excuations.  Make it even worse than the crime so people will know that this is not tolerated.  For example, a baby raper would get a concert of rocks in his honor same with a rapeist a drunk driver one strike and you are out.  Not kiss the butts of these guys.  Someone who rapes a 5 year old girl 100 times before he is caught. If you let this person out that cruel and unusual punishment on society.:D
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 26, 2008 - 11:38PM #9
cultresearcher
[QUOTE=solfeggio;243637]Countries that consider themselves civilized have long since abolished the death penalty, and rightly so.  Because letting the State put somebody to death is barbaric.[/QUOTE]

In Iraq you just get killed if you drink and drive.  You also loose a hand if you are caught stealing.  A rapist gets his dick cut off.  Nope not civilized at all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2008 - 7:56AM #10
heldbygrace
[QUOTE=cultresearcher;243855]I think that they should bring back public excuations.  Make it even worse than the crime so people will know that this is not tolerated.  For example, a baby raper would get a concert of rocks in his honor same with a rapeist a drunk driver one strike and you are out.  Not kiss the butts of these guys.  Someone who rapes a 5 year old girl 100 times before he is caught. If you let this person out that cruel and unusual punishment on society.:D[/QUOTE]

[HG] Right on, cult.  There's no place for bleeding heart liberalism in the death penalty, which is by no means barbaric as one poster says. I just don't understand that line of reasoning which probably thinks water boarding a terrorist to extract information that will save lives. is unethical.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 23  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook