Page 23 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23
7 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2008 - 1:39PM #221
RiverMoonlady
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;335177][COLOR="DarkRed"]Absolutely. And when there is no doubt, I say execute them. Then they will NEVER have the chance to hurt another person.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

That, my dear, is exactly the point.  Contrary to what some may argue, there are some people who are BEYOND REPAIR.  I suspect that there is a genetic component, a social component (how their childhood went) or a combination of both.  They are called psychopaths and sociopaths and they CANNOT be rehabilitated.  These are the rapists and murderers who deserve to be put down.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2008 - 4:06PM #222
becca97
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;335177][COLOR="DarkRed"]Absolutely. And when there is no doubt, I say execute them. Then they will NEVER have the chance to hurt another person.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Perhaps however we as western even human society are so far from gurenteeing these 100% cases are really 100% beyond all doubt that frankly killing them is not responsible because we as society can not be trusted to use our justice systems properly let aloen the DP.

On one of these thread i posted a list of miscarriges of justice cases that had ended in death by either sucide or the state .... it led to shocking reading to be honest and that was only from the UK and known about cases ..... my friend(s) miught be damaged by his experiences but at least he is alive enough to have good days and a family and friends who care and love them for who they are, even though they are now damaged, dead all we'd have is memories and the knowledge while the guilty person got away with it the state happy to have someone killed the wrong person.

There is more ot being pro or anti DP then focusing on just those who are guilty ....

What if the DP is run as you want it to be (to be sure better than it is anywhere at the moment) there is that precendent then so a particularly horrific crime a presumed dna match and cctv footage enough anger and "dead" then someoen finds out this sure fire guilt was less sure fire but the person is dead ... if our systems were less corrupt then perhaps your suggestions would work but they are very, very corrupt and far too many known about msicarriges of justice cases exsist as it is.

I know jodi that becasue of each of our own biographies we are unliekly to change our own views on this, (understandably) but at least we can exchange these views and those who read them whoa re undecided on the DP might be inspired to do some respearch and hopefully base their opinion whichever it may be on wide knowledge of the topics and issues invovled. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2008 - 5:01PM #223
bubbysmommy
[COLOR="Navy"]Becca,
I really do understand why you feel the way that you do, just as you understand the way that feel. You are right, neither of us is likely to change our views. What I do like, is that our discussions are civil & always informative. They are even humorous at times. There will always be those out there that feel as each of us do. I too hope that our "chats" can help others come to a fully informed position on this issue. This is a tough issue to deal with & I fear that unless someone has been where you & I have, they really have no idea as to the impact it has on a person. It can become all consuming.
Peace to you Becca :o[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2008 - 6:15AM #224
becca97
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;342048][COLOR="Navy"]Becca,
I really do understand why you feel the way that you do, just as you understand the way that feel. You are right, neither of us is likely to change our views. What I do like, is that our discussions are civil & always informative. They are even humorous at times. There will always be those out there that feel as each of us do. I too hope that our "chats" can help others come to a fully informed position on this issue. This is a tough issue to deal with & I fear that unless someone has been where you & I have, they really have no idea as to the impact it has on a person. It can become all consuming.
Peace to you Becca :o[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You too jodi, you to :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 23 of 23  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook