Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Death Penalty for Rape?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 7:02AM #11
SpellingB(AKA.KRU)
[QUOTE=divalicious;456292]This might actually be a workable alternative. If the "bleeding hearts of the world unite club"  still insist on rapist monsters being able to live. Let it be like this. Just as you wrote it RiverMoonlady. I still favor death. After all, death truly is a complete leaving of society. But, your way could work.

Divalicious[/QUOTE]

Torture isnt right either.I agree with Mc
I wonder if you were to cut off those parts of the body would that cut out the lust????????????The urge to sodomize or harm those they wish to victimize.It would make it harder thats for sure.In no way would I ever agree to such treatment.
We can embrace any judgements we want through free will but the only Right way to me is the way of THE WORD.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 7:03AM #12
becca97
[QUOTE]"bleeding hearts of the world unite club"[/QUOTE]

*pfft* If you or yours were ever victims of say a MOJ then its the "bleeding hearts of the world ...." to whom you et al would need to turn as everyone else would not be bothered enough to help you, phrases such as "casualties of war" "collateral damage" have been used to excuse MOJ cases by the none "bleeding hearts" of the world.

And the fact you are derisive of "bleeding hearts" now would not stop those same "bleeding hearts" putting themselves at risk to aid you or yours if you needed it.

Which is not a vibe one gets from the 'lets deride the "bleeding hearts"' folks.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 7:28AM #13
becca97
[QUOTE=RiverMoonlady;455788]How about sentencing convicted rapists to have their penis, testicles and hands amputated?  That would sure keep them from raping again, while still keeping them alive.

After all, if our soldiers can come home from war and live productive lives after amputations, why couldn't criminals?  It would avoid the DP in these cases, and the punishment is no more cruel or unusual than the crime.[/QUOTE]

Because many rape convictions are some of the weakest convictions in the justice system, sentancing convicts to anything other than prison is simply to be frank imviting worse MOJ cases and repercussions.

http://www.wapi.com/article/art03004.htm

http://www.mojoscotland.com/david_pugh/dp_open.html

http://www.false-allegations.org.uk/fal … tions.html

Prevelant theory about MOJs is they are rare and freak occurances, however the evidence that keep apearring simply does not support this theory at all, indeed the mor eevidence of ~MOJ cases found the more it looks like the "justice" systems of the world make more errors than they do safe convictions, race, ethnicity, class, gender all play an essential role in MOJ cases, as do media and society preasures to catch and convict anyone for certain crimes; such as murder and rape and terrorism.

So combine knowing about MOJ cases, and the newer supported theories and evidence with a natural ability to seek real justice rather than fake gratifying justice, plus a natural afinity for valuing life rather than devaluing it, i'm less inclined than most to seek death, maiming or penal colonies given a significant amount of those "punished" will be MOJ cases.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 12:08PM #14
divalicious
I would like to see the English version of your posts, please.
The text messages leave a lot to be desired.
How can I take you seriously?

Seriously.

Divalicious
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 12:39PM #15
becca97
[QUOTE=divalicious;457911]I would like to see the English version of your posts, please.
The text messages leave a lot to be desired.
How can I take you seriously?

Seriously.

Divalicious[/QUOTE]

*pfft* is a sound of derision and MOJ means miscarrige of justice.

Now any points you care to address or are you happy to be bitchy and naught else?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 12:49PM #16
divalicious
[QUOTE=becca97;457970]*pfft* is a sound of derision and MOJ means miscarrige of justice.

Now any points you care to address or are you happy to be bitchy and naught else?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarifying, and bitchy? OK, sometimes, I will give you that, but, I am plenty else.
I just think we could work to understand one another better, that way there would'nt be such a continental divide. And, your right about something. There have been serious miscarriages of justice on both sides-many, many times over.

Perhaps a compromise? One that begins with an overhaul of the justice system, and America's ineffective sentencing guidelines.

There are things we can both tackle. You over there, and me over here-being bitchy...and else.

Becca, we don't have to be enemies.

Divalicious
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 1:09PM #17
becca97
[QUOTE=divalicious;457992]Thanks for the clarifying, and bitchy? OK, sometimes, I will give you that, but, I am plenty else.
I just think we could work to understand one another better, that way there would'nt be such a continental divide. And, your right about something. There have been serious miscarriages of justice on both sides-many, many times over.

Perhaps a compromise? One that begins with an overhaul of the justice system, and America's ineffective sentencing guidelines.

There are things we can both tackle. You over there, and me over here-being bitchy...and else.

Becca, we don't have to be enemies.

Divalicious[/QUOTE]

Any animosity is from YOU diva and i'm not playing your games anymore, if you wish to converse maturly then please, 'till then you have my eternal empathy but it does not give you the right to be nasty to me or any other vicitm who chooses a different path to you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 6:45PM #18
John_T_Mainer
Rape is a serious crime, and well worthy of our most serious punishment.  That being said, I still beleive that every person should have the chance to learn from their mistakes.  If a rapist can be incarcerated and given a chance at rehabillitation, let him pay a serious sentence of incarceration, and then give him a chance at (tightly monitored and restricted) parole.

If the rapist reoffends, either a rape, a related sexual offence, kidnapps or murders, then they have had there chance at rehabilitation and used their second chance.

Let them be executed at that point.

However terrible the crime, everyone deserves a chance to face the consequences of their mistakes, and either choose to learn from them, or learn to like them.  Let the former rejoin society, let the latter become compost.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 7:38PM #19
McAtheist
John, your position is really close to mine but you expressed it so much better than I do.

I agree that  the DP should be applied only after someone has been convicted more than once fo the kinds of crimes you list.  Becca raises a good point that there needs to be a high standard of evidence that led to the convictions, but once you have eliminated that concern, I see no reason to waste resources on repeat offenders.

Thanks for a well-written post.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook