Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 8:30AM #11
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=mountain_man;722875]No, it just kills many people that would not kill. Killing people is not an answer. That's the strange part; you claim that killing people is wrong and you want to kill people to prove it. I'll never understand that.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]OK let me clarify my position. Killing INNOCENT people happens to be wrong. Whether done by the State or not. I never once hinted that I was OK with the execution of an innocent person. In fact, I have gone out of my way on numerous occasions to make it known that I do not even believe that every killer that is guilty should be executed. You simply read only what you want, then try to continue your narrow minded argument. You do not bring anything new to the table, just the same old rhetoric.  [/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 12:59PM #12
mountain_man
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;723283]OK let me clarify my position. Killing INNOCENT people happens to be wrong. [/QUOTE]
To clarify your position even further; you believe that killing people you do not like is the right thing to do.

To clarify my position; killing anyone for any reason (except at their behest) is wrong.
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 1:08PM #13
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=mountain_man;724012]To clarify your position even further; you believe that killing people you do not like is the right thing to do.

To clarify my position; killing anyone for any reason (except at their behest) is wrong.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Teal"]Ah, so you believe that assisted suicide is OK then? Then what about a person that kills someone knowing that the DP could ultimately be applied does [COLOR="Red"]not[/COLOR] sound like a suicidal wish?[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 1:18PM #14
mountain_man
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;724029]Ah, so you believe that assisted suicide is OK then?

Duh.

Then what about a person that kills someone knowing that the DP could ultimately be applied does not sound like a suicidal wish?[/QUOTE]
No. :rolleyes: You're going to have to do better than that to justify killing people you do not like. It always amazes me the lengths people will go to to justify their low value of human life. I just don't get it. :confused:

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 2:25PM #15
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=mountain_man;724059]Duh.

No. :rolleyes: You're going to have to do better than that to justify killing people you do not like. It always amazes me the lengths people will go to to justify their low value of human life. I just don't get it. :confused:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]You are the one that made this statement, am I correct?
[COLOR="Red"]To clarify my position; killing anyone for any reason (except at their behest) is wrong.[/COLOR]
To mean this means that you have no problem with assisted suicide. If you meant this in a different way, please clarify.
Now, just to be crystal clear here.
I do not need to justify my position. It is a legal option that is given to a jury of men & women when a heinous crime has been committed. For me, personally? I would never elist the DP unless the person's guilt was not in dispute. Then, I have no problem with an execution. In this country, EVERYONE knows that if you kill someone, the DP could indeed be utilized. That means the person kills anyway, without regard for his own life. Sorry, that is indeed a type of assisted suicide.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 2:56PM #16
mountain_man
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;724263]You are the one that made this statement, am I correct?[/QUOTE]
No, you are not correct... mostly because I'm not interested in playing silly word games.

Killing people is wrong. How is that so hard for so many to understand?:rolleyes:

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 3:45PM #17
mountain_man
[QUOTE=bubbysmommy;724478]OK, killing is wrong. [/QUOTE]
It is. It is you that wants to kill people, not me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 3:43PM #18
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=mountain_man;724339]No, you are not correct... mostly because I'm not interested in playing silly word games.

Killing people is wrong. How is that so hard for so many to understand?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Green"]OK, killing is wrong. However, you would like to give some of our worst killers the chance to kill again? What about the innocent people that are killed? Do there lives not have the same value? You seem Hell bent on protecting the killers in the world. What about protecting the innocent people out here that have not committed a crime & are killed anyway? [/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 4:08PM #19
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=mountain_man;724487]It is. It is you that wants to kill people, not me.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Green"]I want to allow the LEGAL execution of a few incredibly rare cases. You on the other hand want to continue to support those that would kill our family & friends. Essentially allowing the senseless slaughter of truly innocent men, women & children.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 4:10PM #20
bubbysmommy
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Let us not overlook the fact that you intentionally picked only what you wanted from my post & ignored the comment about you giving more value to the lives of the killer than that of the victim. That says volumes about your true stance here.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook