Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Should the death penalty be used for rape?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2009 - 11:23AM #31
becca97
[QUOTE=mytmouse57;996879]The death penalty would not be appropriate for rape.

But, what about castration as punishment for rape?[/QUOTE]

and then the perps rape with knives, forgein objects, take on accompices and so forth ----- sex is not what rape is about except peripherally, power and control and subjigation and anger are again if we maek castration the default punishment for rape it will onlyincrease the violence of rapes and highten the potential for rapists to murder their victims.

me i prefer being alive to dead ~ alive i'm a survivor dead i'm always a victim.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2009 - 11:07PM #32
Marcyy
Very good post, Becca, and i do so agree with you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 2:31PM #33
Phøenix
Some people are incurably violent and cannot be "rehabilitated", and that includes some rapists. Putting them in prison will only mean they commit their crimes against their inmates, so the only way to put a stop to their violence is execution. That, or 24/7 solitary confinement, but that would never happen in the Western world.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 9:35PM #34
Phøenix

Tmarie64 wrote:

That would also include the the 19 year old boy who has sex with his 16 year old girlfriend and her parents had him arrested.

That's not rape, that's a BS law that needs to be done away with.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 9:59AM #35
Phøenix

Tmarie64 wrote:

A "child" by law is anyone under the age of 18.  You'd WANT your 18 year old son killed for having sex with a 15 or 16 year old girl?   "BS law" or not IT IS THE LAW.

I am fairly certain that she's talking about forced sex, not consensual sex with someone a few years older.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 4:42PM #36
Phøenix
Yes, and as I said in my previous post, those statuatory "rape" laws would have to be modified or done away with all together if the death penatly would be extended to rape.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 2:31PM #37
Phøenix
Some people are incurably violent and cannot be "rehabilitated", and that includes some rapists. Putting them in prison will only mean they commit their crimes against their inmates, so the only way to put a stop to their violence is execution. That, or 24/7 solitary confinement, but that would never happen in the Western world.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 9:35PM #38
Phøenix

Tmarie64 wrote:

That would also include the the 19 year old boy who has sex with his 16 year old girlfriend and her parents had him arrested.

That's not rape, that's a BS law that needs to be done away with.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 9:59AM #39
Phøenix

Tmarie64 wrote:

A "child" by law is anyone under the age of 18.  You'd WANT your 18 year old son killed for having sex with a 15 or 16 year old girl?   "BS law" or not IT IS THE LAW.

I am fairly certain that she's talking about forced sex, not consensual sex with someone a few years older.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 4:42PM #40
Phøenix
Yes, and as I said in my previous post, those statuatory "rape" laws would have to be modified or done away with all together if the death penatly would be extended to rape.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook