Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Should the death penalty be used for rape?
6 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2008 - 6:24PM #1
Marcyy
I am totally againt the death penalty. But when I see someone post  such a stupid thing and say that the death penalty should be used for rapists, it makes me shudder at the lack of humanity and reasoning that people show.

Rape is a very bad offence against women. The use of force, the brutalization, the totally demeaning use of over-powering another person to inflict one's will against someone less strong and ill equipped to defend one's self is a very bad thing, but if there was no loss of life, there is no reason to inflict the death penalty.

Also, what about the false accusations of rape?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2008 - 7:26PM #2
Tmarie64
I don't believe the death penalty should be used in cases of rape.
I do believe that in the case of false accusation the accuser (aka lying witch) should have her name posted in every newspaper, the same way the accused rapist had his name posted.  There should be HUGE penalties for falsely accusing a man of rape.
I know what a victim goes through, and it pisses me off to no end when I hear of women making up the charge, crying rape, then saying... "Oh I lied" and the witch walks away scot-free.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2008 - 11:39PM #3
Unworthyone
Just from a pragmatic standpoint (for I have no sympathy for rapists) I believe that prescribing the death penalty for rape will result in more rape victims becoming murder victims.

Just about any rapist will realize sooner or later that leaving a witness to his crime substantially increases his chances of being caught and convicted, and since the stakes do not go up with the additional charge of murder, it only makes sense that at least some rapists will kill their victims.
I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2008 - 7:26PM #4
Tmarie64
I don't believe the death penalty should be used in cases of rape.
I do believe that in the case of false accusation the accuser (aka lying witch) should have her name posted in every newspaper, the same way the accused rapist had his name posted.  There should be HUGE penalties for falsely accusing a man of rape.
I know what a victim goes through, and it pisses me off to no end when I hear of women making up the charge, crying rape, then saying... "Oh I lied" and the witch walks away scot-free.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2008 - 11:39PM #5
Unworthyone
Just from a pragmatic standpoint (for I have no sympathy for rapists) I believe that prescribing the death penalty for rape will result in more rape victims becoming murder victims.

Just about any rapist will realize sooner or later that leaving a witness to his crime substantially increases his chances of being caught and convicted, and since the stakes do not go up with the additional charge of murder, it only makes sense that at least some rapists will kill their victims.
I never consider a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.  Thomas Jefferson

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

You can get anything you want out of life if you will just help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 1:13PM #6
Tmarie64
Yeah, that makes sense, Unworthyone... I didn't think about it, but you're right.  I believe so anyway.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 7:52PM #7
Tmarie64

Phøenix wrote:

Some people are incurably violent and cannot be "rehabilitated", and that includes some rapists. Putting them in prison will only mean they commit their crimes against their inmates, so the only way to put a stop to their violence is execution. That, or 24/7 solitary confinement, but that would never happen in the Western world.

Who determines which rapists die?  Do we kill them all?  That would also include the the 19 year old boy who has sex with his 16 year old girlfriend and her parents had him arrested.
Just because some are incurable doesn't mean you kill them all.
SOME parents are abusive, does that mean the state should take everyone's children away?
SOME people drink and drive... does that mean that every person who drinks should have their license revoked?
SOME kids skip school... does that mean every school should give detention to all the kids?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 11:37PM #8
pIrish
Nobody should be executed, ever, if they have not killed someone. I've said it before and I'll say it again now. It is utterly despicable to consider killing anyone if they, themselves, have killed no one. To consider the death penalty for a crime that did not result in death is entirely moronic and I question the intelligence and humanity of anyone who advocates it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 12:50AM #9
bubbysmommy
[QUOTE=christiangal;665004]I think anyone that rapes a child should automatically receive the death penalty and anyone convicted of rape of an adult more than once (i.e. the second offense) should be given the death penalty.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]This is a horrible idea. It would set a very bad precedent. As one that believes the DP should be utilized in a few very rare cases, I do not believe that this is one of them. To execute a rapist would only cause further harm to the victim. In this case as well as others, the victim needs a voice. We should never forget that. Too often, the victim is not heard & then whatever punishment is handed down is something that he/she also must live with.[/COLOR]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 8:00AM #10
Tmarie64

christiangal wrote:

I think anyone that rapes a child should automatically receive the death penalty and anyone convicted of rape of an adult more than once (i.e. the second offense) should be given the death penalty.

A "child" by law is anyone under the age of 18.  You'd WANT your 18 year old son killed for having sex with a 15 or 16 year old girl?   "BS law" or not IT IS THE LAW.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook