Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 6:47PM #1
moonflower
in the area where i live a "managed hunt" was organized and supported by about 50% of the residents here - i live in a heavily wooded area each lot about 5 acres - the object is to kill off a lot of the deer - that is what is being hunted - the first hunt was held dec 1 and the second will be jan 5 unless some miracle occurs - my family and i are devastated as is one of my neighbors - i've made phone calls- and pleaded for the hunters to be allowed no closer than 1000 feet from our dwellings which is the rule in this county except during hunting season when it is 450 feet  ( it is useless to plead that they not do this - there are a number of people here who just want to slaughter the animals and get rid of them) i got into a very heated argument with one of the organizers - which of course helped nothing - i had to leave overnight so i wouldn't be home at 6am when the hunt began - i'm sick about this and trying to look at it in some way that will not cause me so much pain - both my neighbor and i feel betrayed and that our viewpoint is not worth discussing - no one is listening to the few of us who are upset, hurt, angered - we moved to the woods to be around wildlife and have always had deer in our yard and enjoy seeing them - any suggestions?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 4:35AM #2
bluehorserunning
I was under the impression that hunting was illegal near residential areas.  Not very safe for the people who live there, nor for their livestock.  What level was the hunt organized at?  It might be in violation of some state law where you live.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:44AM #3
LittleBuddha73
[QUOTE=bluehorserunning;152525]I was under the impression that hunting was illegal near residential areas.  Not very safe for the people who live there, nor for their livestock.  What level was the hunt organized at?  It might be in violation of some state law where you live.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Do some research - check out the laws. And keep fighting!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:44AM #4
LittleBuddha73
[QUOTE=bluehorserunning;152525]I was under the impression that hunting was illegal near residential areas.  Not very safe for the people who live there, nor for their livestock.  What level was the hunt organized at?  It might be in violation of some state law where you live.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Do some research - check out the laws. And keep fighting!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 3:21PM #5
moonflower
unfortunately it is legal - what they are doing - and it is making me physically sick - after many calls i found through the dept of natural resources that during the hunting season the physical distance of 1000 feet does not apply - that is only for the rest of the year - i am in prince georges county maryland - and as a matter of fact 6 deer were killed on the property of a neighbor who is about 1/4 mile from me - she has allowed people on her land - i am just trying very hard to come up with some thought - some mantra - anything to keep me from feeling so sick and hurt inside - there is only one other neighbor on my road  who has put up no hunting signs and he and i are trying to console one another - in this particular area we have a huge number of people who consider themselves to be very environmentally correct - and i got into an argument with one of the organizers -what they are doing doesn't seem very environmentally correct to me - and i do believe that they have a total ignorance of guns, how far a bullet can go etc - my neighbor and i feel totally defeated at this point - i woke up to gun shots again this morning-we do have a huge population of deer and no flowers etc - but some of us out here have adapted and like to see the deer -- and there are buddhists in this area as well - i just think we need to organize -
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2007 - 10:25PM #6
SkyWalker53
[QUOTE=moonflower;153643]unfortunately it is legal - what they are doing - and it is making me physically sick - after many calls i found through the dept of natural resources that during the hunting season the physical distance of 1000 feet does not apply - that is only for the rest of the year - i am in prince georges county maryland - and as a matter of fact 6 deer were killed on the property of a neighbor who is about 1/4 mile from me - she has allowed people on her land - i am just trying very hard to come up with some thought - some mantra - anything to keep me from feeling so sick and hurt inside - there is only one other neighbor on my road  who has put up no hunting signs and he and i are trying to console one another - in this particular area we have a huge number of people who consider themselves to be very environmentally correct - and i got into an argument with one of the organizers -what they are doing doesn't seem very environmentally correct to me - and i do believe that they have a total ignorance of guns, how far a bullet can go etc - my neighbor and i feel totally defeated at this point - i woke up to gun shots again this morning-we do have a huge population of deer and no flowers etc - but some of us out here have adapted and like to see the deer -- and there are buddhists in this area as well - i just think we need to organize -[/QUOTE]

Moonflower fight back! There are ways to fight these gun toting assholes.

read this:

http://www.farinc.org/newsletter/v8_n3- … _sabs.html

Keep in mind FAR MORE people oppose shooting at defenseless animals than support it. I honestly think all of you are in danger. If just one stray bullet enters your property or lodges into your house I would call the police and put a stop to this. These morons shoot each other and shoot into people's houses all of the time.

Put "NO HUNTING" signs up at the borders of your property. Take video tape and photos of these scum shooting the deer and call your local TV news stations and newspapers. Believe me, this is a story they will want to cover! Expose what they are doing.

Try to imagine a gold energy shield surrounding yourself. It psychically protects you from being empathetically hurt. Imagine shields around the deer. There are other spirits with the deer trying to protect them as well. You are not alone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 4:06AM #7
becca97
contact your local anti hunting group, you might not be able to get the hunting stopped but you should at very least be able to get attention on the unsafe boundry length they have made for the duration of this hunt.

good luck and stay safe.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 9:55AM #8
SkyWalker53
In Florida recently, a 13 year old girl was sitting in her mobile home bedroom when a stray bullet went right into her back through the bedroom wall. She survived but needed serious surgery and almost died. Some idiots were shooting at Possums nearby. This is grounds for a huge lawsuit.

Oh I want to add...moonflower...also put NO TRESSPASSING signs at the borders of your property. Make sure it includes underneath: "violators will be prosecuted". You can get these signs at Home Depot. With these signs up, you will be able to call the police and press charges if any of those gun toting scum enters your property.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 9:55AM #9
SkyWalker53
In Florida recently, a 13 year old girl was sitting in her mobile home bedroom when a stray bullet went right into her back through the bedroom wall. She survived but needed serious surgery and almost died. Some idiots were shooting at Possums nearby. This is grounds for a huge lawsuit.

Oh I want to add...moonflower...also put NO TRESSPASSING signs at the borders of your property. Make sure it includes underneath: "violators will be prosecuted". You can get these signs at Home Depot. With these signs up, you will be able to call the police and press charges if any of those gun toting scum enters your property.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2007 - 2:23PM #10
Math2005
hunters probably shot at each other and other people more than they even do animals.
I hope you win this battle.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook