Page 1 of 27  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next
Switch to Forum Live View FOX News Abortion Documentary
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 1:43PM #1
Redkim
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303862,00.html

WOW! It sounds very interesting. Hope I can watch it.
Kim
The Inconvenience of Dorothy Day
on Faith, Fiction, and Flannery
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 2:05PM #2
pIrish
I'd like to watch it as well. Some people seem to think that, if given the choice, aborting is the easy way out when, in reality, it's usually the hardest choice a woman has ever had to make. I love that this documentary actually goes into that decision-making process.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 2:12PM #3
Redkim
yes, abortion is most likely a painful decision for most women who get one. I'm also glad that this seems to be taking more of an experiential approach rather than political. I hope it delves into the reasons why women seek out abortions; if we really want abortion eliminated we have to eliminate as many reasons why women seek it: what life situations could be alleviated? What pressures could be relieved?
Kim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 1:43PM #4
Redkim
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303862,00.html

WOW! It sounds very interesting. Hope I can watch it.
Kim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 2:05PM #5
pIrish
I'd like to watch it as well. Some people seem to think that, if given the choice, aborting is the easy way out when, in reality, it's usually the hardest choice a woman has ever had to make. I love that this documentary actually goes into that decision-making process.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 2:12PM #6
Redkim
yes, abortion is most likely a painful decision for most women who get one. I'm also glad that this seems to be taking more of an experiential approach rather than political. I hope it delves into the reasons why women seek out abortions; if we really want abortion eliminated we have to eliminate as many reasons why women seek it: what life situations could be alleviated? What pressures could be relieved?
Kim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 3:05PM #7
itsacrucifiction
[QUOTE=redkim;16680]if we really want abortion eliminated we have to eliminate as many reasons why women seek it: what life situations could be alleviated? What pressures could be relieved?[/QUOTE]

Who wants abortion eliminated? Generally we ban things that result in harm. None so far have been able to show abortion results in harm.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 3:17PM #8
Redkim
Most people who want abortion legalized at least claim it is "regrettable" and would look for ways to reduce it or eliminate the "need" for it altogether.
Kim
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 5:47PM #9
doxieman122
[QUOTE=redkim;16609]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303862,00.html

WOW! It sounds very interesting. Hope I can watch it.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I'd rather have the Vatican do it than Faux News.

At least it would be more objective. :p
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 7:01PM #10
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=pIrish;16668]I'd like to watch it as well. Some people seem to think that, if given the choice, aborting is the easy way out when, in reality, it's usually the hardest choice a woman has ever had to make. I love that this documentary actually goes into that decision-making process.[/QUOTE]
PIrish: No documentary can tell you what it is like to have to make the decision to end your
pregancy~ I know what that decision is like. I had an abortion on March 27,1973.
I didn't make the decision to abort the child~ my late parents made the decision for me,
It was like this "you live in my house,you live by my rules" My father was Italian,Protestant
who converted to Judism when he married my mother. My parents were strict.
My son would have turned 34 sometime next summer~ There are times that I still cry, I
can't watch anything that has to do with abortions.
I don't beleive in abortion~ but I do beleive in a woman's "right to chose".
There is just a few things that you must know first: You have to be a really strong person
to make that decision to abort your child~casue if you're not a strong person you will be
tormented for the rest of you life! There is a permenant "hole in my heart and soul" because
of the abortion of my son" that will never be filled. Also one of the most important things is
communication between children and parents. My parents never even talked to me about
what I wanted to do, wether I wanted to have the child or not. I would have wanted to have it.
Afterward we never ever talked about it~ they just "swept it under the perverbial rug".
My mother died in September '74~nineteen months after my abortion. When I needed her the
most she wasn't there~ and my father was in another world,without his lifepartner or 26years
he was lost. I was alone, I was an only adopted child. My parents couldn't have a child.
So they adopted me~ but when I became pregnant they wanted me to end the pregancy.
Strange way to react I thought. I thought that they would have wanted me to help out a
childless couple just as they had been helped out~ I never got an answer as to why they
reacted the way they did.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 27  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook