Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: LOCAL BOARD GUIDELINES
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 2:00PM #1
Justme333
Just a note to remind all that the local guidelines from the old board are still applicable on the new board.  Therefore, the only terms acceptable are pro-life and pro-choice.  Use of any other terms is against the ROC and will be grounds for post removal.

Justme333
Beliefnet Community Host
Abortion Debate Board
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2008 - 3:42PM #2
Marysara722

newsjunkie wrote:

Thank you Mary Sara. When i read, "Just a note to remind all that the local guidelines from the old board are still applicable on the new board." it makes me wonder whether there is only one local guideline -- the one regarding the pro-choice/pro-life terminology, or if there are additional guidelineS that are found on the old board (which I'm not sure how to get to). I guess you are saying that the PC/PL terminology is the only local guideline, beyond the ROC, that applies here. Please correct me if I am still misunderstanding.

newsjunkie

Hi NewsJ, I took the liberty of transferring your post over here to this thread
where the information on this particular board's "Local Guidelines" happens to be.

With regards to this board's guidelines, yes, they are the same as the old board.
The same guidelines apply for the new boards.
That terms describing the two sides of the abortion debate are limited to
Pro-Life and Pro-Choice.

After that, the same general Bnet Rules of Conduct apply just as on any
other Forum board.

But do realize that not all boards have individual board guidelines, only
certain boards which are not set-up to be a debate environment so are thus
considered a "protected" board where the local guideline would indicate such.
Or certain boards that are hot-topic debates like this one for instance.
Different boards may have different guidelines so on each new board, one
can find a sticky thread which should show in the title, "Local Guidelines."

Hope that helps to clear up any questions you may have had. :)

Thanks,
MSara
BNet Host

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2008 - 7:18PM #3
BeliefnetCheryl
The local guidelines for this board were set when the board was established. They have not been nor will they be changed to allow terms other than "pro-life" and "Pro-choice". When you became a member of Beliefnet, you agreed to abide by the ROC. The ROC include following local guidelines. Posts using terms other those above will be removed; persisting in violating the ROC may lead to a suspension of your membership.

Cheryl Fuller
Assistant Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook