Page 1 of 46  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 46 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Death Penalty is Right
7 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2007 - 12:15PM #1
BeliefnetCheryl
Another long running discussion from the old board --

RhaydenRaziel1

My.. my.. my... I am sure I am going to get some hairs riased on this. Please explain this to me. PLEASE all you that think the death penalty is wrong. I just don't get it. I have never been on the end of my family member being murdered but I have had friends that have. Why do you think it is wrong? Tell me this Jackel this poor excuse for a human, if you want to call them this a human, goes out and kidnaps, or just plain grabs someone a adult a child, they toruture, or rape sodamize and then possibly drop the body nude somewhere or just drop it off on the street or in woods or on water, they make this person suffer, slowly or they kill quickly, this monster kills and kils agian and again and this demon actual gets a thrill out of hearing that they have not found the killer or maybe it is a husband that killed a wife or a wife killed her husband or maybe they killed a desmembered the victim or drowned the person as many as there is it is to vast as to say how death came. But I don't understnad how you people can not want the death penalty when this evil one gave no consideration as to if it was right or wrong, gave no rights as to what they did, they the victim had nothing.. no one to help them.. no one to said it was not humane and if they did the demon monster didn't or would not of listened and I just don't get it. You people .....people.... want to stop these evil people from dying "Why on the Gods green earth" should they be spared, AN EYE FOR AN EYE AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH!, I think the one that kill in cold blood, that kill for sport, taking human lives as they please the ones that need killing they need to be put to death, no trial, no nothing, to be shot on the spot. And why once they convicted are they siting for 10 or 20 years well... well.. well..... maybe that is why it is not a deturent. POEPLCAN ANYONE HEAR ME!!! These monsters, jackels, demons, and what ever else you like to call them are not fit to have a life they need to be taken out of this world. I just don't get it Someone anyone can't you see they are not fit to be on earth. My opinoin and I am inttitled to it as much as you are to your as to if you think there should be or shouldn't be. Take care

Rhayden Phoenix
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 1:28PM #2
Habukberht_Lat
Totally cool with the death penalty, I just think the person should be killed the same way he/she killed the victim.  Say, you tortured them to death.. YOU get tortured to death.  You poison them, you get poisoned.  Drunk driver?  Hit him with a car.  Sounds about like a plan to me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 4:07PM #3
Tabit99
I don't have a lot of absolutes in my life, but for some reason the death penalty being wrong is one.  I hesitate to get into a debate here.  I just find it interesting that certain topics evoke such strong emotions in some, while others do in others.

I will say though that I feel like killing someone because they killed someone makes no sense to me and I don't see any evidence that it deters anyone.  Sort of feels like we become the animals that they are by killing too.  Just my .02.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 5:36PM #4
teaguru
I seriouslllly agree with you, Tabit99.  the death penalty just brings every down to the criminal's level. Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.. you're supposed to love your neighbors AND your enemies, they need the chance to learn the "error of their ways", not be given the easy way out of life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 5:36AM #5
Piobair_Paganach
[QUOTE]Please explain this to me. PLEASE all you that think the death penalty is wrong. I just don't get it. I have never been on the end of my family member being murdered but I have had friends that have. Why do you think it is wrong?[/QUOTE]

Under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States everyone is entitled to equal protection under the law. Anyone who witnessed the O.J. Simpson trial (among many others) knows that the rich are much more equal than others; statistically so are whites. If the death penalty can't be applied equitably, then it can't possibly be Constitutional. I'm an American; if it's unconstitutional, it's wrong.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 1:59PM #6
EmeraldGuardian
The anger in the beginning of this thread is quite dusturbing, almost as crazy as the murderers mentioned. But it's understandable.

As said before, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Now the Hebrew Bible issues death for crimes I'm sure you wouldn't agree with. Jesus came to strengthen Jewish belief. Yes, I believe the deatgforanything penalty was one of the things he obliterated. Love your enemy. He who is without sin cast the first stone. Examples to follow, don't you think?

Buddha taught things aswell. Namely, the death penalty is brought by one's own ignorance (usually insanity), but neither the criminal nor the executioner should harbor the slightest bitterness towards eachother. Instead they should hope for realization and a better outcome next time.

Of course the death penalty is required but the idea has become corrupted. Don't harbor hate, though I know it's difficult even for me. Just pray for the best and trust me...their heads were probably alot more disfunctional than their hearts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 12:05AM #7
julrich
It's pretty obvious that the original poster doesn't favor legal due process before executions, which trumps all the legal arguments against the death penalty, but arguing against the lynch mob mentality is pointless because there's no arguing against rage. 

Anyway, here are the reasons why the death penalty doesn
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 12:05AM #8
julrich
Why the death penalty doesn
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 12:20AM #9
julrich
1. capital cases raise the stakes for prosecutors who have more resources than poor public defenders.
2. police and prosecutors lie and commit unethical breaches of procedure to gain convictions to advance thier careers.
3. prosecutors hire unethical scientists who make a career of spinning junk scientific evidence to please the prosecution
4. prejudiced prosecutors select cases for death prosecution based upon race
5. mentally retarded convicts are still being executed, which doesn't address this cause of crime
6. some judges and states routinely appoint incompetent defense counsel
7. review procedures are often mere formalities for death convicts
8. tampered witnesses, jailhouse snitches, coerced confessions, selective evidence, and circumstantial evidence are often all that leads to convictions
9. laws are passed to block constitutional issues on high appeals.
10. unreasonable public fear of crime is a political opportunity for prosecutors to overzealously seek death sentences to win votes
11. capital cases are too expensive, diverting resources that would provide swifter sentencing of more criminals for the public safety.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2007 - 8:20PM #10
pIrish
[QUOTE=julrich;34964]1. capital cases raise the stakes for prosecutors who have more resources than poor public defenders.
2. police and prosecutors lie and commit unethical breaches of procedure to gain convictions to advance thier careers.
3. prosecutors hire unethical scientists who make a career of spinning junk scientific evidence to please the prosecution
4. prejudiced prosecutors select cases for death prosecution based upon race
5. mentally retarded convicts are still being executed, which doesn't address this cause of crime
6. some judges and states routinely appoint incompetent defense counsel
7. review procedures are often mere formalities for death convicts
8. tampered witnesses, jailhouse snitches, coerced confessions, selective evidence, and circumstantial evidence are often all that leads to convictions
9. laws are passed to block constitutional issues on high appeals.
10. unreasonable public fear of crime is a political opportunity for prosecutors to overzealously seek death sentences to win votes
11. capital cases are too expensive, diverting resources that would provide swifter sentencing of more criminals for the public safety.[/QUOTE]

Thank you a million times over. These are all very valid reasons for why the death penalty is anything, but right.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 46  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 46 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook