Page 6 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Friendly Tranquil Tea House No. 1
7 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 11:48AM #51
chris_lg
Sorry  to hear about your niece. My daughter used to get pneumonia as a little kid, but she never had it bad enough to be in ICU. Some kids are prone to it. I hope she feels better soon. A few days on antibiotics should do her a world of good if that's what it is. It's scary to see a little one so sick. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Nice to know you won't need surgery. Recovery time from orthopedic surgery is very long.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2008 - 12:21PM #52
zigeuner
thanks for your thoughts and prayers

and the update on Molly is that she had a chest tube put in this morning, if that goes well hopefully no ICU
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 9:48AM #53
chris_lg
How's the little one, Zig?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 5:23PM #54
zigeuner
she spent two days in ICU in an incubator with her chest tube.

she was out by sunday though she is still in the hospital. she may get out as early as friday or as late as Wednesday.

She still won't eat anything but she is getting a little of her energy back and is at least playing when they take her to the play room, and smiling when they take her to see the bunnies, so its an improvement
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:55AM #55
mountain_man

Sassy Granny wrote:

..... P.S.  Dave ...  for a moment there I thought I was seeing Mario Andretti!

Nah.... he's about 100 pounds lighter and the tires on his cars cost as much as that whole race truck there. Plus.... he won a lot. I just had fun. :D

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 10:59PM #56
solfeggio
Paul Newman isn't still racing cars anymore, is he?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:46PM #57
mountain_man

solfeggio wrote:

No, but Newman-Haas Racing is a major player in Formula One.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 10:59PM #58
solfeggio
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2008 - 11:46PM #59
mountain_man

solfeggio wrote:

No, but Newman-Haas Racing is a major player in Formula One.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2008 - 3:45PM #60
solfeggio
What is the great attraction for some people of watching Formula One?  Our cable company gives us ESPN as part of the general package that we subscribe to, but we seldom watch it because we are not much interested in sports.  However, now and then I have taken a look at the Formula One car races, and I have to say that they are just about as interesting as watching grass grow or paint dry!

But they are so very popular!

What am I missing here?  I could care less about rugby, but I can honestly say that, if I were stranded on a desert island with a TV broadcasting nothing else but Formula One and rugby, I'd have to say I'd opt for the rugby.  ;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook