Page 2 of 19  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Friendly Tranquil Tea House No. 1
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 4:57PM #11
MedKit77
This will be my last day posting for at least a few days, as tomorrow I get my new knee.

See you on the other side (of the surgery, that is)!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 3:19PM #12
truthseeker101
[QUOTE=MedKit77;4890]This will be my last day posting for at least a few days, as tomorrow I get my new knee.

See you on the other side (of the surgery, that is)![/QUOTE]

I hope that's the side you were referring to ;).  Good luck. I hope you don't mind if I pray for you and your family. Science has proven that it works and it doesn't matter if you believe in it or know it's happening. Why it works nobody (scientifically) knows, but I have my own sneaky suspicions.

Chris and Bubby, good news from both of you. I hope you don't mind if I include you and your families in my prayers also.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 10:56AM #13
Justme333
Bubby,

Oh my gosh, yes!!!  I think that is it.  Thank-you so much.  I am so excited - need to go to the store now and get what I need.  It is cool and rainy here, so will be a good day to bake, and then I can stuff myself this weekend.  Thanks again.

Justme
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 9:30PM #14
bubbysmommy
Medkit,
I am glad that you are finally getting that knee. I have heard great things about those replacements!
I will keep you & your family in my prayers as well.

Justme,
I am glad that I could help. One thing about me, I am an Italian that loves to cook & bake. If I don't have the actual recipe, I can probably find it. Let me know if it turns out for you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2007 - 7:57PM #15
chris_lg
MedKit,   I've been away a while. Good luck with the knee. Listen to your physical therapists. You'll be up and running in no time. Keep us posted.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 3:11PM #16
Justme333
Bubbysmommy,

The pumpkin pinwheels turned out wonderfully.  I intended to bring some to share, but I ate them all (well, myself and my family - I am not that much of a piggie)

Justme
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 4:24PM #17
bubbysmommy
I am so glad that they were what you wanted. Like I said, if nothing else the Italian in me makes darned sure that i cook & bake!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 1:06AM #18
truthseeker101
Anybody heard from Medkit? I hope everything went well.

Well, it's official. I went for a sleep study a few weeks ago and they called and said that I had sleep apnea. They said that I stopped breathing and woke up 69.8 times per hour while sleeping on my side, and 80.3 times per hour while sleeping on my back. The sleep tech who called me said that they usually consider 26 or more episodes an hour to be severe. I guess I'm lucky I ain't dead yet. :) No wonder I wake up more tired than I was when I went to sleep. I work harder when I'm sleeping than when I'm awake. I have to go back for another sleep study this Sunday night. This time they are going to hook me up to the breathing machine. I've heard that it feels like someone is trying to suffocate you until they get the pressure adjusted right and you get used to it. I'm not an old man, but I feel like I'm falling apart. It feels like someone just flipped a switch and changed me into an old man. I'm trying to take care of myself more lately (I quit smoking 3 months ago, yeah!), which I guess is a good thing, but I'm starting to wonder if I've abused my body for too long to make any difference. That's it for now. I have to try to get some sleep now. I'm going to early church service in the morning because I have to fininsh putting shingles on the shed I just built.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 3:51PM #19
Justme333
TS,

Welcome to world of sleep apnea.  The CPAP isn't too bad, once you get used to it.  Initially, I did not feel like I was suffocating, but I do not like things touching me when I sleep, so it was just a matter of getting use to the mask, the elastic head bands, the tubing and the noise.  It really makes a big difference in the quality of sleep though.  Good luck.

Justme

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 3:51PM #20
Justme333
TS,

Welcome to world of sleep apnea.  The CPAP isn't too bad, once you get used to it.  Initially, I did not feel like I was suffocating, but I do not like things touching me when I sleep, so it was just a matter of getting use to the mask, the elastic head bands, the tubing and the noise.  It really makes a big difference in the quality of sleep though.  Good luck.

Justme

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 19  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook