Page 1 of 19  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Friendly Tranquil Tea House No. 1
7 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2007 - 2:58AM #1
Marysara722
Hello One and All,

The original "Friendly Tea House" on the old Abortion Debate Board was created as a "Get-Away" from the usual rigor & stress of the debate environment.  As well as keeping the debate over abortion, out of the "Friendly Tea House."

So with that in mind it's important to know that as always, this thread is meant as a peaceful, restful & tranquil place to come and sit for a spell.  Let your hair down.  Take your shoes off & relax.
It's to share news , good, bad or anything in between.  Talk about the weather, the latest movies, current events, or just chit chat away from the heat & stress of the abortion debate. 

All are welcome to sit and relax with or without coffee or tea or whatever your choice of beverage may be.  Hot muffins, cookies, pies & cakes are always fresh under the glass dessert holders.
Feel free to take your pick, but do take a napkin since we don't want any crumbs on our brand new flooring. :)

Once again, enjoy your visit around the new & improved Beliefnet Community!

Shalom, Pace, Pax, Peace!

MSara & Justme
Beliefnet Community Hosts
Abortion Debate Board Co-Hosts
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 10:28AM #2
truthseeker101
Hey, I've got something in common with the board. The mobile home community that I live in shut down the part that my mobile home was sitting on. Last Thursday the owners of the community paid to move my double wide to a different lot within the community. Man, this has been a huge source of stress for me over the past couple of months, and I'm glad it's over for the most part. We won't have gas until tommorrow, so we have to go to relatives to shower. We also have to eat out since we can't cook. (My wife is enjoying that one)  The chilly nights I don't mind. It's good snuggling weather. Long story short, we are moved onto our new lot, and I hope everyones move over to this board is less stressful than my move was.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 10:20PM #3
chris_lg
TS, you have my sympathy. That can not have been easy. I hope things start looking up for you guys soon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 10:51PM #4
truthseeker101
Thanks Chris. It's going to take a while to get things back in order. We are on a smaller lot now. They put my double wide home onto a single wide lot. Doesn't bother me as much as it bothers the wife. I prefer less grass to mow. She wants her mimosa tree and some open space. We had a corner lot before. I can't complain too much though. You might remember me mentioning something about this a while back. At least we have a place to live. The owners didn't have to move us. All they had to do was give us 30 days notice to vacate their land. If that had happened I don't know what we would have done. I have been so stressed lately with the move and health problems. I'm glad I can come here and destress. Thanks to all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 10:57PM #5
truthseeker101
Hey Mary! Where do we place an order? I could use a scotch on the rocks right about now. Or is this place B.Y.O.B.?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 11:45PM #6
bubbysmommy
I'll have coffee & a blueberry danish.
I would like to tell everyone that my mammogram came back clear again. So, nothing to stress about for another 6 months!

Chris,
how is your mom doing?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 6:44PM #7
chris_lg
Mom is hanging in there. She goes back to the OR next week to have this thing re-closed. He's cut off a lot of dead tissue from where it wasn't healing, so he has to bring the edges back together again. It looks worse than it is. She's tired. Healing is hard work, especially for an oldster. She's still in good spirits, though, and happy that the cancer was caught so early. The prognosis is still excellent. She's still looking forward to that hip replacement and getting rid of her walker.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 11:01AM #8
Justme333
TS - oh, that sucks - it is good that you have a good landlord that believes in helping the tenants.  Hope things are settling down for you.

Bub - great news about your mammogram!

Chris - glad to hear mom is doing well.  Yes, healing takes longer as one ages (I know!!)

Now - does anyone have a recipe for pumpkin bar pinwheels?  Some kids came around yesterday selling some.  Dumb me only bought two, and they were to die for. It was pumpkin bars with cream cheese, and then rolled like a jelly roll.  I want more and I don't know how to do it.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Justme
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 2:45PM #9
bubbysmommy
Is this what you wee looking for?

Pumpkin Pinwheels

3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup cooked pumpkin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Powered sugar

Cream Cheese Filling:
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

# Beat the eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add the sugar, then stir in the pumpkin and lemon juice.

# Sift the dry ingredients together and fold them into the egg mixture.

# Spread the batter evenly over the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 cookie sheet and sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 2:48PM #10
bubbysmommy
Sorry, here is the rest of that recipe
# until done, about 15 minutes.

# Turn the cake out onto a clean cloth sprinkled with powdered sugar. Starting with a long edge, roll the cake in the cloth and cool completely.

# While the cake is cooling, beat the filling ingredients together until smooth.

# Unroll the cake, spread the filling to the edges, and re-roll it without the cloth. Trim the ends and chill.

# Cut into 1/2" slices. Makes 26 pinwheels.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 19  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook