2) Karen Hancock
3) L. B. Graham
4) Sharon Hinck
5) Kathy Tyers     
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 1:08AM #2
Lilwabbit

Nobody comes even close to J.R.R. Tolkien. Even C.S. Lewis acknowledged that.

The rest are a bunch of nobodies. Cool

Kind regards from an incurable Tolkien geek...

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 3:06PM #3
Idbc

Matthew, Mark, Luke,  St. Paul, and at the very top St. John the Divine,  the Book of Revealation. 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 8:29PM #4
stardustpilgrim

Anybody ever read Charles Williams?

The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.
The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton

A map is not the territory. Alfred Korzybski
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:34AM #5
libertynumber5

I really enjoy George MacDonald. I think CS Lewis put together an anthology about him and most know that he was inspired by him.  I dont know but I would love to read that anthology because everything Ive read by MacDonald I love. Very fairy-talish but symbolic and fun.  Very filmic stories in my view. Since I am a filmmaker I am interested in these things.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 2:26PM #6
Craig_w_dressler

Apr 12, 2012 -- 3:06PM, Idbc wrote:

Matthew, Mark, Luke,  St. Paul, and at the very top St. John the Divine,  the Book of Revealation. 

There is more linguistic, historical and archaeological evidence to back up the validity of the Bible than any other ancient or spiritual book.  In addition, the Gospels(Matthew, Mark and Luke) would stand up as evidence in any Western court of law today.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 2:28PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess

Jul 19, 2012 -- 2:26PM, Craig_w_dressler wrote:

There is more linguistic, historical and archaeological evidence to back up the validity of the Bible than any other ancient or spiritual book.  In addition, the Gospels(Matthew, Mark and Luke) would stand up as evidence in any Western court of law today.

Actually, not.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2012 - 7:06PM #8
Idbc

Howdy Craig

Jul 19, 2012 -- 2:26PM, Craig_w_dressler wrote:

There is no historical or archaelogic evidend to support  the validity that Yeshua ben Marium was was the Son of God, that he performed miracles or that he intended to start a new religion.  

The earliest linguistic historical record was written decades after he was dead.   Even the evidence that does exist is a copy of the original record.  It is hearsay and would not stand up in any western court.   

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook