Switch to Forum Live View Prop 8 play premieres in LA with Clooney, Pitt
3 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2012 - 2:41AM #1
Qwesam

Watch this ----->   www.afer.org/live/?gclid=CNziiLSEyK4CFYU...

George Clooney, Martin Sheen, Brad Pitt and Jamie Lee Curtis starred in Saturday night's West Coast premiere of "8," a play about the courtroom battle over Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage.

The play, which took place at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre, was written by Academy Award-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, who also wrote the story for "Milk."

The playwright said his goal is to show that marriage is a basic constitutional right and same-sex couples should have the right to marry.

The production was directed by Rob Reiner.

"You can say all you want to the media, you can talk on television and say what you want, but in a court of law, you raise your hand and you've got to tell the truth," Reiner said. "When the truth came out, it was very clear that there is absolutely no reason why a gay person shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else."

pretty cool show...........    

News link

Edit: added news link

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Mar 04, 2012 - 03:29PM
***Watching Foxnews makes you dumb and dumber than your friends who watch NO News. It is on the survey!

***Don’t listen to what Republicans say, look what they do to Women’s rights.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2012 - 1:23AM #2
Qwesam

I am wondering any Pro Prop 8  change his/her mind after watching this play?

***Watching Foxnews makes you dumb and dumber than your friends who watch NO News. It is on the survey!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2012 - 1:44AM #3
Ebon

Mar 5, 2012 -- 1:23AM, Qwesam wrote:

I doubt it. Decisions reached for emotional reasons are usually impervious to facts.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2012 - 3:10PM #4
mindis1

Mar 4, 2012 -- 2:41AM, Qwesam wrote:

Wow, that was unexpectedly good. Thank you, Qwesam. One can read the thousands of pages of transcript of the full trial at the same website, but this play is better. Interestingly, probably this excellent play would have never happened had not the video of this trial been permanently suppressed.  

Jane Lynch was delicious as Maggie Gallagher.  

I do hate that Elliot and Spencer Perry had to miss their soccer practice. It’s just one more injustice from Prop 8.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 2:08AM #5
Qwesam

Mar 5, 2012 -- 1:44AM, Ebon wrote:

Mar 5, 2012 -- 1:23AM, Qwesam wrote:

I doubt it. Decisions reached for emotional reasons are usually impervious to facts.

It is so true! However, how about the voters who was misled by the Pro Prop 8 advertisers? Would they take a second look? 

I believed if  Prop 8 is put up for a vote today, it will be defeated.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 2:32AM #6
Qwesam

Mar 5, 2012 -- 3:10PM, mindis1 wrote:

Mar 4, 2012 -- 2:41AM, Qwesam wrote:

Wow, that was unexpectedly good. Thank you, Qwesam. One can read the thousands of pages of transcript of the full trial at the same website, but this play is better. Interestingly, probably this excellent play would have never happened had not the video of this trial been permanently suppressed.  

Jane Lynch was delicious as Maggie Gallagher.  

I do hate that Elliot and Spencer Perry had to miss their soccer practice. It’s just one more injustice from Prop 8.

Your welcome!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 3:12PM #7
Ebon

Mar 6, 2012 -- 2:08AM, Qwesam wrote:

It is so true! However, how about the voters who was misled by the Pro Prop 8 advertisers? Would they take a second look? 

Possibly. It depends on how deeply they took the misinformed "facts" to heart. If they had internalised those "facts", then they would stick to them as it becomes part of the emotional rationale behind the decision. However, if those "facts" hadn't been internalised, they're open to change. additionally, the confusing way the question was phrased (where a "no" vote was a vote for same-sex marriage) doubtless confused some people.

I believed if  Prop 8 is put up for a vote today, it will be defeated.

Based on the last polling I saw out of California, you'd be correct.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 07, 2012 - 2:00AM #8
Qwesam

here are the real people

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oI1QtRA-4U

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2012 - 11:24PM #9
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook