Switch to Forum Live View RIP Whitney Houston - Your Thoughts?
2 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2012 - 3:39PM #1
Merope
Marlene has noted Houston's passing on her "Noted Passings" thread.  But I think Houston's death and life deserve a separate thread.

Houston was found in the bathtub of her hotel room yesterday afternoon, and pronounced dead shortly thereafter.  No cause of death has yet been determined, although an autopsy is scheduled for today.  Houston was 48.

All are welcome to share your thoughts about Houston's life, death, and musical legacy.    
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 11:29PM #2
MarleneEmmett5

Merope:
i'm very saddened by Whitney's passing.
She was a true jem in the music world who was blessed with a voice of the Angles.
Unfortunately she fell into some bad habits and paid the price.

Whitney was what I like to call "rock royalty".
her mother was Cissy Huston,her aunt is Dionne Warwick,another aunt is DeeDee Warwick
Everyone thought that Aretha Franklin was her godmother,but it's not true.
Darlene Love is Whitney's godmother.

And one thing that Whitney did that I'm really angry at her for is not taking care of
her "instrument,her voice". she mistreated it.
Singers are supposed to take care of their voices.
She let drugs & Alchol wreck hers.
Aretha Franklin said she loved Whitney's soprano.
buy the time she died Whitney had more or less killed it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2012 - 11:23PM #3
Ed2

Feb 12, 2012 -- 3:39PM, Merope wrote:

Marlene has noted Houston's passing on her "Noted Passings" thread.  But I think Houston's death and life deserve a separate thread.

Houston was found in the bathtub of her hotel room yesterday afternoon, and pronounced dead shortly thereafter.  No cause of death has yet been determined, although an autopsy is scheduled for today.  Houston was 48.

All are welcome to share your thoughts about Houston's life, death, and musical legacy.    

Actually, I have a lot to say about this topic, but just haven't gotten around to doing so.

But I will be back to post in this thread.

I think that it's pretty sad and pretty unbelievable that there are so many healthy, powerful, and healing foods that I have learned about from watching "The Doctor Oz Show"...but unfortunately, most Americans from their childhood on up, have only learned how to eat what is essentially equivalent to 'garbage'...and are basically in a 'slumber' when it comes to not having a clue as to what that kind of food is doing to their bodies and to their health. It's really sad.

~Ed2

"Hmmm. So you're saying that for Jesus' followers(throughout the centuries) to truly live a 'godly' life, they had to believe that the end of the world was just around the corner?"

~Ed2(See post #53)

"Although, I think that I'll change that to: Also...I liked the way that you dodged what I had said about being 'concerned that the Bible had to use subterfuge as a means to an end' in my post #137."

~Ed2(See post #145)

"It's utterly beyond belief, that the wealthiest country in the history of the world, fails to care for all it's people."

~Dr. Patrick Dowling, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 11/23/11.)

"If I could prescribe any drug on the planet, it would be food [be]cause it works better, faster, and cheaper than any medication. Food is the most powerful medicine we have...to treat chronic disease like diabetes."

~Dr. Mark Hyman, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 01/13/12. Also, go to www.doctoroz.com for more information.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2012 - 4:37AM #4
Ed2

Merope, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this thread. Wink

I think that it's pretty sad and pretty unbelievable that there are so many healthy, powerful, and healing foods that I have learned about from watching "The Doctor Oz Show"...but unfortunately, most Americans from their childhood on up, have only learned how to eat what is essentially equivalent to 'garbage'...and are basically in a 'slumber' when it comes to not having a clue as to what that kind of food is doing to their bodies and to their health. It's really sad.

~Ed2

"Hmmm. So you're saying that for Jesus' followers(throughout the centuries) to truly live a 'godly' life, they had to believe that the end of the world was just around the corner?"

~Ed2(See post #53)

"Although, I think that I'll change that to: Also...I liked the way that you dodged what I had said about being 'concerned that the Bible had to use subterfuge as a means to an end' in my post #137."

~Ed2(See post #145)

"It's utterly beyond belief, that the wealthiest country in the history of the world, fails to care for all it's people."

~Dr. Patrick Dowling, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 11/23/11.)

"If I could prescribe any drug on the planet, it would be food [be]cause it works better, faster, and cheaper than any medication. Food is the most powerful medicine we have...to treat chronic disease like diabetes."

~Dr. Mark Hyman, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 01/13/12. Also, go to www.doctoroz.com for more information.)
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook