Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Pause Switch to Standard View RIP Whitney Houston - Your Thoughts?
Show More
Flag Merope February 12, 2012 3:39 PM EST
Marlene has noted Houston's passing on her "Noted Passings" thread.  But I think Houston's death and life deserve a separate thread.

Houston was found in the bathtub of her hotel room yesterday afternoon, and pronounced dead shortly thereafter.  No cause of death has yet been determined, although an autopsy is scheduled for today.  Houston was 48.

All are welcome to share your thoughts about Houston's life, death, and musical legacy.    
Flag MarleneEmmett5 February 17, 2012 11:29 PM EST

Merope:
i'm very saddened by Whitney's passing.
She was a true jem in the music world who was blessed with a voice of the Angles.
Unfortunately she fell into some bad habits and paid the price.

Whitney was what I like to call "rock royalty".
her mother was Cissy Huston,her aunt is Dionne Warwick,another aunt is DeeDee Warwick
Everyone thought that Aretha Franklin was her godmother,but it's not true.
Darlene Love is Whitney's godmother.

And one thing that Whitney did that I'm really angry at her for is not taking care of
her "instrument,her voice". she mistreated it.
Singers are supposed to take care of their voices.
She let drugs & Alchol wreck hers.
Aretha Franklin said she loved Whitney's soprano.
buy the time she died Whitney had more or less killed it.

Flag Ed2 February 26, 2012 11:23 PM EST

Feb 12, 2012 -- 3:39PM, Merope wrote:

Marlene has noted Houston's passing on her "Noted Passings" thread.  But I think Houston's death and life deserve a separate thread.

Houston was found in the bathtub of her hotel room yesterday afternoon, and pronounced dead shortly thereafter.  No cause of death has yet been determined, although an autopsy is scheduled for today.  Houston was 48.

All are welcome to share your thoughts about Houston's life, death, and musical legacy.    

Actually, I have a lot to say about this topic, but just haven't gotten around to doing so.

But I will be back to post in this thread.

Flag Ed2 March 12, 2012 4:37 AM EDT

Merope, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this thread. Wink

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook