4 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2011 - 12:07AM #1
Karma_yeshe_dorje
After a three-year lapse, I enrolled in an art course. My first work was a drawing. I used pencil, charcoal, and Conté crayon. The subject was vegetables: silverbeet, aubergine and pumpkin. 

Silverbeet, aubergine & pumpkin
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 11:41AM #2
sydneymoon

Love it!

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 19, 2012 - 9:41AM #3
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I recently participated in a community art excursion. At Tuross Head, I drew Main Beach in my visual diary. Back at the lodge, I coloured in the drawing with brush and ink.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2013 - 9:09AM #4
Nay_ho_tze

you should've posted it, Karma...

i loved your first piece...

=]

Nay_ho_tze
Beliefnet host
writer, designer, intuitive healer
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2013 - 3:00AM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I exhibited my visual diary. And it was stolen from the gallery! So I got a cheque for its listed price.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 month ago  ::  May 26, 2015 - 3:43AM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Today's subject was a young Indian woman. So I shaded my representation of her cheeks. Using pens as ever, both dip and brush. People liked the colours that I used for her scarf.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 month ago  ::  Jun 02, 2015 - 8:41AM #7
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Today's portrait was of a photographer. He wore headphones like a necklace. And he had one of those too! Plus big metallic ear-piercings. And a pair of glasses, mostly propped upon his forehead. On his wrists were a colourful plastic watch, and a rubbery orange bracelet.

I put lots of effort into colouring-in my representation of his face. A friend had commented on my previous portrait that I had over-emphasised highlights. So this time I worked on the shadows. Such as depicting the man's eye-sockets. And blackening my drawings of his glasses-frame and big headset earphones. An art tutor said that I was more free today.

Though I consider my drawing of the torso and arms to be little more than a big blob!

Still, I found that I put in a great effort. Even following the man around as he photographed and smoked outside!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 weeks ago  ::  Jun 16, 2015 - 5:53AM #8
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Today at an art tutor's suggestion, I tried water wash over ink.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 week ago  ::  Jun 25, 2015 - 10:17AM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje

This evening I took my rolled-up package of pens to a computer club. And there, in my sketch book, I captured the likeness of the club's boss. Someone else said that my drawing made the man look gaunt! And the subject said that his image looked like his father.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook