4 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2010 - 4:16AM #1
Bev10

Hello! I was unable of course to read all of the previous blogs so this issue may have already been adressed... During the football season I find myself at odds. My husband is an avid sports fan, and before I was married I never really had an intrest. But here lately I've decided that everyone has pride. Pride in the team, the town, pride in the state, pride in the USA...then I got to thinking about soccer, so theres even pride in every country.  Is it so sad to say that I think pride is a mask? It is and has always been a hidden segregator...and we are at war even in sports. I have been called unpatriotic many times...and perhaps I am. Forgive me. But I do not feel America or any other country is better than another...it is sad to think that Americans are the only ones who are free. I feel the only way to be free is from within. You have the power to free yourself. War is an unfortunate circumstance in every country. On that note I would like to say that I do support the troops in the US as well as those in other countries who simply strive to defend the comforts of their present society.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated, even through disagreement.

Bev

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2011 - 9:30AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hello Bev10:

To clarify your belief system leanings, I recommend taking the Belief-O-Matic quiz. Click Faiths & Prayer on the big blue bar above.

To me, sport is something that I do--not watch others do on TV! This evening I ice-skated outdoors in the city for a couple of hours. 

Girls ice-skating

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook