Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View NASCAR Revenge is OK.
5 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2010 - 12:49PM #11
Christianlib

I said noting about F1 racing.

As to a "quaint bit of history", well, do you consider lynching and other Southern "traditions" quaint?

NASCAR knows EXACTLY who their market is, and the appeal directly to that market.  ONE tool they would be veiled and not-so-velied references to that "history."

The myth of the "rtomantic outlaw" has always sold well in America.  Particularly in the South, wheree the middle and lower classes of white men love to seem themselves as the triumphant underdogs, prevailing against "outsiders."

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2010 - 2:09PM #12
mountain_man

Mar 18, 2010 -- 12:49PM, Christianlib wrote:

I'm sorry. I must apologize. I did not know that I was not allowed to bring up something that you did not say something about.

[qutoe]As to a "quaint bit of history", well, do you consider lynching and other Southern "traditions" quaint?

Irrelevant since NASCAR has nothing to do with those traditions, nor do they have anything to do with any other traditions except racing cars.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2010 - 4:09PM #13
Christianlib

Mar 18, 2010 -- 2:09PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 18, 2010 -- 12:49PM, Christianlib wrote:

I'm sorry. I must apologize. I did not know that I was not allowed to bring up something that you did not say something about.

[qutoe]As to a "quaint bit of history", well, do you consider lynching and other Southern "traditions" quaint?

Irrelevant since NASCAR has nothing to do with those traditions, nor do they have anything to do with any other traditions except racing cars.

Funn, I didn't know you had problems with reasoning from analogy.

As for the F1, comment.  I simply wanted to make clear which kind of auto racing I was talking about.

Oh well, believe what you wish.  No problem of mine.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2010 - 4:48PM #14
mountain_man

Mar 18, 2010 -- 4:09PM, Christianlib wrote:

Funn, I didn't know you had problems with reasoning from analogy....

I'm not the one with the problems here. I'll continue this conversation with those that don't have the problems you're disabled by.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2010 - 11:55AM #15
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook