Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Tiger Woods Plans to Return to Golf at Masters. Is this too soon?
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 12:36PM #1
Jeanninehunter

Tiger Woods said Tuesday he planned to end his four-month hiatus from golf by returning to the Masters in April, the Associated Press reported.

"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect," Woods said in a statement posted on his Web site. "After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta."

"Woods has not competed since Nov. 15 when he won the Australian Masters for his 82nd victory worldwide. Twelve days later, he crashed his car into a tree outside his Florida home, setting off shocking revelations that he had been cheating on his wife," AP reported.

The 34-year-old athlete acknowledges that as he renews focus on his career, he also plans to work on his personal life and to maintain treatment, which he received since the crash. Transcript from his Feb. 19 public statement

“We support Tiger’s decision to return to competitive golf beginning at this year’s Masters Tournament," Billy Payne, chairman of the Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters Tournament, said in a statement. "Additionally, we support and encourage his stated commitment to continue the significant work required to rebuild his personal and professional life.”

Too soon? Doesn't matter?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 1:04PM #2
Christianlib

It's not like pro golf, or a pro athlete's private/public life is really significant to anything important in the world.

It's all part of the modern American version of "Bread and Circuses."

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 2:14PM #3
REteach

The only person other than Tiger who has a legitimate opinion on this topic is his wife.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 2:49PM #4
IreneAdler

Wait a minute. 

Tiger Woods was away from golf for awhile???

Who knew?

Irene.

Sarcasm off/

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 3:15PM #5
Christianlib

Mar 16, 2010 -- 2:14PM, REteach wrote:

The only person other than Tiger who has a legitimate opinion on this topic is his wife.  

Too true.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 5:49PM #6
mountain_man

Mar 16, 2010 -- 2:14PM, REteach wrote:

Ditto.......

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 6:00PM #7
Marcion

If we can allow a sociopath dog killer like Michael Vick back into the NFL. we can certainly welcome Tiger back to pro golf.

After all, Tiger just did what many men in his position do. First the money and fame, then the Bimbos.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2010 - 10:22PM #8
rangerken

I'm not a golfer...played decades ago... decided the game wasn't or me... and watching it is like watching paint dry, so first of all I don't care.

Second, I don't give the slightest damn about what 'celebreties' do unless it physically hurts someone else, including when the someone else's are dogs, or breaks a serious law (and being unfaithful, while in my opinion reprehensible, doesn't rise to that level).

Third, How Woods and his wife work this out is and should be entiely up to them. If it was my wife I'd be in hiding because Mary Clare handles a 9mm quite well! (Works both ways by the way)

Fourth, this is one off the best examples of two cliches... tempest in a teapot, and mountain out of a molehill that has come along in a long time.

Fifth, why the hell does anyone care?

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2010 - 12:47AM #9
Mlyons619

The World IS ending!!!!!

I find myself in agreement with mountain_man again - and on the same day too!!!!

Tongue out

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2010 - 10:06AM #10
arielg

Who the hell cares whether he starts playing golf again?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook