Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Switch to Forum Live View Beck opens mouth and inserts FOOT
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 1:35AM #111
jane2

Mar 26, 2010 -- 1:10AM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 26, 2010 -- 12:45AM, jane2 wrote:

I agree with both your posts tonight to G&B. I, too, have asked her to present her own thoughts. I'm not holding my breath.

I even tried to engage her again.

I'm not going to even try anymore. It's just not worth the bother. Pick your battles, and pick them with someone that is a worth opponent, not someone that wants to play games.

Agree, MM......................

(You have to admit, though, she is rare prey and she will never engage.)

Luved your interplay with Deacon today. I've known him forever--quite a dedicated mediocrity. He had no idea into which he ventured.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 7:27AM #112
Grinandbearit
You two done stroking each others' over-inflated egoes so we can get back on topic?
1Co 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 8:24AM #113
tmore35

Good morning,

I 've recently come back to B'net after a few years absence and I found this new board.  It looked to be interesting, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I read some of the threads and discovered some members that are new to me and some familar names. 

Hi Templer! 

Then I came across my old pal Jane.

Hi Jane!!

Nothing new there.  Still the same Jane.  Still carrying the superior attitude, I see.  Still presenting the same ol' brag--highly educated "in the faith".  Yes, those 24 undergraduate credits from 50 years ago.  But, most, if not all Catholic colleges and universities require a minimum of 24 credits in theology for graduation.  Jane's "credential"s are common to millions of other grads from Catholic colleges.  Intellectual? Well, decide for yourselves. 

Interplay with Deacon?  What thread is that on?  Deacon and I were two of the original posters back when B'Net was first developed.  I guess that could be termed "forever"; not five years later when jane came on. 

I know deacon quite well.  He is anything but mediocre.  He is a conservative thinker.  Contrary to what jane and other "progressives" (we don't say liberal anymore) say, conservatives can and do use thought processes and reason to arrive at their conclusions.  Deacon is one of these.

Anyway, Glenn Beck annoys me.  It is not so much what he thinks, but how he presents it.  I don't watch him.  One thing I can say about Beck, though:  He sure does get people talking.

Pax et Bonum!   

Pax et Bonum!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 11:35AM #114
mountain_man

Mar 26, 2010 -- 1:35AM, jane2 wrote:

Mar 26, 2010 -- 1:10AM, mountain_man wrote:

I'm not going to even try anymore. It's just not worth the bother. Pick your battles, and pick them with someone that is a worth opponent, not someone that wants to play games.

Agree, MM......................

(You have to admit, though, she is rare prey and she will never engage.)

Not with any intellectual integrity anyway. I've had long, intelligent, discussions with a few Republicans, but that was decades ago. Most just can't do it anymore. Faux has done it's job well.

Luved your interplay with Deacon today. I've known him forever--quite a dedicated mediocrity. He had no idea into which he ventured.

They do get everything backwards.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2010 - 12:01PM #115
Merope

Mar 26, 2010 -- 8:24AM, tmore35 wrote:

Good morning,

I 've recently come back to B'net after a few years absence and I found this new board.  It looked to be interesting, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I read some of the threads and discovered some members that are new to me and some familar names. 

Hi Templer! 

Then I came across my old pal Jane.

Hi Jane!!

Interplay with Deacon?  What thread is that on?  Deacon and I were two of the original posters back when B'Net was first developed.  I guess that could be termed "forever"; not five years later when jane came on. 

[snip]

I know deacon quite well.  He is anything but mediocre.  He is a conservative thinker.  Contrary to what jane and other "progressives" (we don't say liberal anymore) say, conservatives can and do use thought processes and reason to arrive at their conclusions.  Deacon is one of these.

[snip

Pax et Bonum!

Hiya, tmore —

Don't know whether you remember me from Discuss Catholicism and the old Catholicism Debate.  Anyway, I remember you and I'm glad you found your way here :-)

The interplay with Deacon posted is on the "Did the pope go far enough in apology to sex abuse victims?" thread, here

Cheers,

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host (1 of 8 :-)
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement