Page 6 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Tiger Woods breaks silence
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 12:11PM #51
Bren

Feb 18, 2010 -- 12:30PM, Jeanninehunter wrote:

What do you want to hear from Tiger Woods whose marital problems dominated the headlines after Thanksgiving and into the New Year?

The legendary golfer is expected to speak briefly Friday, breaking a nearly three-month silence since the Nov. 27 car crash and reports surfaced about his extramarital affairs. He is expected to apologize.

Revelation about the string of affairs damaged his reputation as one of the most bankable sports figures.

What are your thoughts about this mea culpa? Should his wife appear at the news conference? Link to story citing experts split about Elin Nordegren's appearance

Update, 11:23 a.m. Feb. 19: Tiger Woods apologizes for "selfish' behavior

Personally i don't think it is anyones business bu Tiger Woods and his wife as to their problems. It  is pretty sad that all anyone has to do is snoop around other peoples business. Most likely the people that are pushing the issue are the ones that are in fact doing the same thing themselves. It is pathetic how everyone has to cast a stone. Leave them alone for goodness sake. They are after all human. Show me a human today that is perfect. It won't happen. Everyone has cob webs. Just that these people are picked out of the crowd because everyone thinks their is something to gain by badgering. Tiger Woods has inspired my kids. I have a son who plays golf for college that would love none other than to meet Tiger. He's a great guy. Leave him alone. I mean if he has to apologize to the whole world then by george i think every man in the united states should have to apologize too because the majority of them including the news media and congress and everyone else is guilty of the same thing. So BIG DEAL.

Edit: fixed quote

Moderated by Stardove on Mar 01, 2010 - 06:05PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 12:20PM #52
crystal

I PERSONALY THINK PEOPLE NEED TO MIND THEIR OWN BUSSINESS. THEY NEED TO STAY OUT OF HIS PERSONAL BUSSINESS HES ONLY HUMAN WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG YES BUT LET  GOD JUGDE HIM  CAUSE HE KNOWNS THE BEST PUNISHMENT

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 12:35PM #53
james

i think its shameful to see what society has become (1) Tigers personal life and relationship are very private and no one should invade his or hers space without consent never the lest i think he should sue every name that appears on his raster because I'm pretty sure the procedure's and tactics that were use were not in accordance with law even after admitted guilt these people invaded his personal life without permissions and that demands justice i don't care what kind of  endorsements or proceeds he have received it wasn't his personal life that effected his performance (2) keeping it real we know what the real problem her is its money. my mother uses a phase that i still remember like it was yesterday those things that make you can also break you. in terms that means that our biggest strengths are also are biggest weakness and with that money makes you a marked man in consumer economics we all no that you get what you paid for it might not have been the best product on the market but they bought it anyway  and played with it an now they feel they can do more with the money so now they are taking there receipts back to the counter for a refund but now the product is worn out ( you see my point ) no matter what he is still human and have rights just like everyone else keep your head up tiger I'm going to apologize for some of these mindless individuals I've never been to one of your events but I've read allot of your success stories Ill bet most of it was private to some publishers don't no how to pump the breaks or when there breaking the law but this means your next success story has to be even greater till then wisdom always

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 12:37PM #54
Mommydigs

I don't think Tiger Woodsshould apologize to anybody other than the people involved, (his family and close friends).  He hasn't done anything that I need an apology for.  I don't go to church with him.  I don't have him over for coffee.  To me he's just another famous person who got sucked into the dark side of fame and fortune.  If he were my son, I would tell him to make it right with his maker and  his wife and kids.  Then put it on his learning curve as a lesson to be learned.  I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 12:57PM #55
Nat

Why should he appologize to us ? This is between him, his family, and God. If we as Christians spent more time tending to our own business, and less to others, we would be very very very busy !!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 1:02PM #56
Connie

I feel this is one example of what is fundamentally wrong with this country.  We never should have been privy to the problems within his personal life.  We should concern ourselves in other areas.  I feel he should repent to the Lord, apologize to his wife, seek medical counsel and get on with his life.  He doesn't owe the public a thing.  Now that he has toppled off of his pedistal, we should all recognize that he never should have been placed up on one.  After all, he IS only a man.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 3:47PM #57
Neva

Ya all know Tiger is not perfect, none of us are, so he hurt his family, not us! So he owns NONE of us an Apology!

Yes, he fell down from Grace, that we had him up there on a Pedistal, which NOBODY should be! Yes, it would be great if he had at least took his Wedding Vows seriously and not ran around with people who were NOT really his friends or helping him do the wrongs he did! 

And I personlly speaking have no respect for ANYBODY who cheats on their spouse and has kids that they should be paying attenion to first and foremost... But I also know that he must have an addiction and those are hard to break, no matter what it is!

It can destroy a life and hurt the ones you love the most!!! Glad to see he is getting help and regrettful or sorry! That is a Start in the right direction! I have met many a people who don't get it and don't have a clue that they are thier own worst enemy & keep on hurting the people around them and themself! It's painful for all concerned! I have a son who is a Addict and I still love him no matter what but it's been a tough ride! I have cried many a tears of this boy, but now he seems to have his act together with the Right Woman he met & settled down finally to take care of his reponsibilites and That is all I can ask for....

So GOOD LUCK TIGER! Be grateful for what you had or still have!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 3:49PM #58
Wendyness

It's all about the money.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 4:08PM #59
James

Why does Tiger Woods owe an a apology to anyone? Tiger is a Billionaire and can be successful at anything of his choosing; NOT,  what the "Media Pimps" decide is best!

If Elin, his wife was a Black Woman,  this episode would have never had light; much less interest in the eyes of the Media World!  

A Black Man cheating on a White Spouce with others than "Black Prostitudes"is another one for the record books including the "Masters" .

So the PGA is dying, for you guys to leave well enough alone; its really hurtng their economy!

Hasta Leugo, Gringos !

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2010 - 4:28PM #60
TemplarS

Hey- anyone else noticed how many people have joined Bnet in the last few hours for the sole purpose of posting on this one thread?  About 15 at last count. 

Sock puppet?

Or did somebody forward this link to the Tiger Woods Fan Club?

Any of you care to explain yourselves?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook