rabello

What a load of #$%*

Just give him his endorsements back, corporato's, and let us be done with it

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2010 - 11:37AM #12
loveontheair

Hello,

Tiger will be back and everyone will forget all about this. I will say for the record that not all men cheat.

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2010 - 11:50AM #13
rabello

Here's a fitting reflection of how things are, today

1. Turn on CNN (or any of the other "news" channels) and see/hear Tiger Woods' infomerical

2. Flip over to CSPAN and see/hear the Dalai Lama speaking about freedom, human rights and nonviolence to the "National Endowment for Democracy"

Guess which of the two "simulcasts" is sucking all the air out of the morning's "news" analysis.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2010 - 11:57AM #14
Cesmom

Maybe if I were a follower of golf or his professional life, I might have a little interest in his personal life.  As it is, though, I had to change the station 3 times on the radio this morning to find someone who wasn't talking about Tiger Woods because I could not be LESS interested.  Gag Undecided

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2010 - 12:17PM #15
IreneAdler

He says he’s sorry.

Okay fine.

Not sure why the need for the public statement.

I’d rather he direct his “sorriness” towards repairing the damage to his wife, marriage, kids, family, etc.

Or was this to keep endorsements? Well, it ain’t gonna make me go out and purchase what he shills.  Course such things never did. 

And we needed a public statement that he wasn’t sure when he’d return to golf? Did we need one when he started in pro golf?

Or was this just to garner some missed attention for himself?  

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2010 - 12:34PM #16
Christianlib

Let's see, a rich, pampered, testosterone laced, star athlete is a poon hound.

WOW! That's never happened before.  And I'm SURE will never happen again.

The rich and the athletically talented are constantly told by our society that they get a wink and a pass on "the rules."  Why are we surprised when they believe us?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2010 - 12:45PM #17
mytmouse57

Feb 18, 2010 -- 4:20PM, rangerken wrote:

The only thing I want to hear from Tiger Woods is NOTHING!

I don't care about his private life! I feel sorry for his wife of course, BUT, in terms of Tiger Woods I just do not care!

He's a great golfer. Good for him. He's an adulterous piece of garbage. Bad for him. Worse for his wife.

I will take care to NOT listen to whatever he has to say.

Ken

Pretty much my sentiments. Although it's not so much his wife I feel bad for. She's a big girl and should have know what she was getting into. Hmmmmm...  you marry a filthy rich, good-looking, famous, powerful guy who travels a lot -- usually alone. Gee, what did you think was gonna happen?

Who I feel bad for is his kids. Because Tiger, knowing full well the temptations that were going to come his way -- a floozy (or several dozen of them) throwing herself at you at every stop on the tour -- he should have perhaps never had children in the first place. Or come to terms with the fact that he needed to stop indulging in the tempations the rich, good-looking, powerful, famous guys get hurled at them everywhere they go.

It's the children who are really going to suffer because of all of this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2010 - 11:45PM #18
delmarvamom

I watched the entire 14 minute apology and I'm surprised to say, I was impressed and satisfied.  I can not know his motives, but his words were very well chosen. 

I realized after discussing this with someone else, that his motive may very well be to make amends in order to repair his relationships and take responsibility. It may be part of a 12 step program or therapy process.  I hope it helps the people he hurt and betrayed.

I also hope the next time I see Tiger in the news, that it is because he is playing golf.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2010 - 11:29AM #19
donne

Tiger Woods does not owe me or a anyone else an explination or apology the only people who he does owe is his family, and a few close to him... he is flesh and blood.. you do reap what you sow.. and it's no ones business what's in his garden.  it can't be reversed.. but it's a shame what and who people put first in their lives, when there are so many real problems and things that need our attention.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2010 - 12:06PM #20
Debbie

Who are any of us in a position to cast the first stone?  How many of us has walked in his shoes? And if you have, which I doubt and I'm not just talking about the adultery but the illness he has. It is no different than an alcoholic or drug addiction. And none of us are a super star like him.  That puts him in another stressful position.

He has always been a very private person & I admire him for trying very hard to separate his family from the lime light & protect them from all the hoopla.  Don't get me wrong, I do feel for his wife & family.  But hopefully they can get on with their lives.

I have had the rare opportunity to be around him and he has a good heart.  He made mistakes - who of us haven't?  We just don't have to answer to the entire country!!  We all have to suffer the consequences of our sins BUT God forgives us immediately when we ask & it is thrown into the sea of forgetting.  We are much harder on ourselves than God is.  We are the ones that punish ourselves - not God.

So, I hope we can all give him the room we would want to go on with his life, get the help he needs & the support we all deserve.  

IF WE ALL LIVED BY THE RULE "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU HAVE HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU", the world would certainly be a much better place to live.

GOD BLESS!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook