Page 59 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Michael Jackson Dies
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 4:08PM #581
river8101

Sorry Stardove,

YOur link still doesn't work for me.   In fact often my own links don't work.  Ever since they changed this forum from the one before this one, I've had trouble posting links.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 4:10PM #582
river8101

This not knowing where or how to bury a body is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.   They're supposed to belong to a church.  Can't they get some advice from them?   Maybe they think if they wait long enough, he'll return.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 4:53PM #583
appy20

Is it even legal to tote a body all over the place like a handbag?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 5:04PM #584
Stardove

Jul 22, 2009 -- 4:08PM, river8101 wrote:

Sorry Stardove,

YOur link still doesn't work for me.   In fact often my own links don't work.  Ever since they changed this forum from the one before this one, I've had trouble posting links.

Please report this to Staff at community@beliefnetstaff.com.  Yesterday I finally reported at times there are glitches in making of links.  Most of the time links work like they should, but I experienced a number of times lately where the title and URL address both show up.

Jul 22, 2009 -- 4:10PM, river8101 wrote:

This not knowing where or how to bury a body is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.   They're supposed to belong to a church.  Can't they get some advice from them?   Maybe they think if they wait long enough, he'll return.

The family is fighting over the where part of the burial.  Too bad Michael did not express his wishes.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 5:25PM #585
jane2

This family is too bizarre--not that this is news!!

And today the LAPD and drug enforcement officers raided an office of the doctor who was with MJ when he was dying. According to a Google report People Magazine is talking about a possible manslaughter charge.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 8:24PM #586
WHITEWIND

WHY DON'T THEY JUST CREMATE MICHAEL--THAT WAY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO PLACE HIM ANYWHERE HIS MOTHER WANTS!!  OTHERWISE, HE WILL BECOME A SIDE SHOW IN DEATH AND HIS PRIVACY THAT HE SO CHERISHED WILL BE MADE A MOCKERY OF.  NO GRAVE SITE WILL EVER BE FREE OF ABUSES.  RIP MJ --YOUR LIFE--YOUR SOUL--IS NOW IN GOD'S HANDS.  HOPEFULLY, YOUR BODY WILL BE RESTED SOON AS WELL!!  THANKS FOR THE DANCE!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 10:19PM #587
whirlinggal

Whitewind--Hi and welcome to the bnet boards.

It looks like you are new to the internet and you need to know that when you post in all capital letters it is the same as shouting if you were talking to someone face to face.

It's considered to be a "rude" thing to do and you will probably get negative comment about it.

Please post your thoughts here--everyone is encouraged to do so.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2009 - 11:58PM #588
jane2

Jul 22, 2009 -- 8:24PM, WHITEWIND wrote:

WHY DON'T THEY JUST CREMATE MICHAEL--THAT WAY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO PLACE HIM ANYWHERE HIS MOTHER WANTS!!  OTHERWISE, HE WILL BECOME A SIDE SHOW IN DEATH AND HIS PRIVACY THAT HE SO CHERISHED WILL BE MADE A MOCKERY OF.  NO GRAVE SITE WILL EVER BE FREE OF ABUSES.  RIP MJ --YOUR LIFE--YOUR SOUL--IS NOW IN GOD'S HANDS.  HOPEFULLY, YOUR BODY WILL BE RESTED SOON AS WELL!!  THANKS FOR THE DANCE!!

What we don't know about all this is amazing. My own faith at one time forbid cremation; it no longer does. But I had my husband buried and I will be buried next to him. His funeral was public but his burial was private with our pastor presiding. Our oldest graqndson sat next to me a the burial service.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 12:11AM #589
solfeggio

Once the 'spirit' or 'soul' or essence of life - or whatever you want to call it - has left the material body, then the body itself is of no more use to anyone.  The best thing for bodies, then, would be to simply cremate them and either put the ashes in a little box (as we did with our beloved cat) or let them blow away in the wind.

My father's ashes are in a vase that my brother and his wife keep on a mantelpiece, which seems a little weird to me for some reason.  But, then, I'm no one to talk, because we have our cat's box of ashes on a window ledge, with a photo of the cat in a little frame on top.  For some reason, I like to look at that little box and the photo.  It's as if our cat is still with us in some way.

But, still, they're just ashes.

On the other hand, people like to walk around graveyards and look at headstones and think about the people who might be buried under them, especially if you're strolling around a cemetary where you know some well-known person is buried.  And, if you've got your own ancestors buried in a family group that goes back to the 19th century, you look at the names of those people who came before you, and this is a moving experience.

Of course, plain common sense tells you that, after so many years, there cannot be much left of your ancestors' earthly remains.

One of my friends said once that, when she dies (hopefully not for many years yet), they can put her body out with the trash as far as she's concerned!  Because she certainly would have no use for it anymore.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 6:23AM #590
river8101

Stardove,

I have reported it, many times, but it didn't do any good.  They didn't even answer.  I was having all kinds of problems with BNet. One day all my avatars and pictures disappeared.  I wrote to them about it, (several times) but they never answered.  My son came over and got them all back, but then a couple weeks later, I clicked something and they all disappeared again.  My computer worked fine everywhere else. 

About a month ago, I bought a new Mac, but Bnet still has bugs in it.  Posting links being one of them.  And I know it's not my computer 'cause it works fine everywhere except here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 59 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook