Page 56 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Michael Jackson Dies
5 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2009 - 6:55PM #551
Andalublue

This is like watching a body being buried at sea. You see the body fall over the side of the boat only to have it devoured by a school of ravening sharks. Or alternatively it reminds me of the ghouls who made the site of Princess Diana's accident a tourist attraction.

Let the man rest in peace. Don't turn him into a hero and don't make him into a devil. He was a human being, a very flawed one perhaps, a very telented one certainly, but a human being whose passing we should acknowledge and move on.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2009 - 9:51PM #552
world citizen

Andalublue ~  Amen and thank you!!

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 1:13AM #553
solfeggio

So the death of a minor and minimally (at best) talented entertainment figure has been acknowledged...and acknowledged...and acknowledged ad infinitum!

I think what a lot of people (including me) find so irritating is the fact that other deaths, of much more deserving, talented, and truly good people, not to mention millions and millions of innocent animals, have not been acknowledged by anybody at all.

That's the way it is, unfortunately.  And I doubt anything will ever change.

Gets to a person, though, sometimes....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 1:27AM #554
Wmdkitty

Because it bears repeating:

"The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." -- George Carlin
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 10:13AM #555
Marcion

Enough already with the Michael Jackson crap.

I don't know if he is in heaven, but wherever he is he is in the company of pedophile priests.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 10:34AM #556
donne

How quick I've noticed everyone has become on how to judge Michael Jackson.. you get stories made up to sell tabloids and hear a little bit here and there and suddenly we are inside the guys head and heart and soul and know him better than anyone.. Have you thought about this.. You got a kid whos family is brain washing him to tell a little fib so they all can get alot of money.. and the only way to get it all over with quickly is to throw a few dollars at them.. OK alot of dollars.. laywers want their small part, and do some damage control and get on with trying to get the people to love you again.. NO ONE knows what someone's life is like until they walk in their shoes.. I say get your own life in order before you start judging someone elses.

And when did we start a 'rating system' for mourning? again the only reason you hear about Michael Js death is because it sell.. you watch CBS.. they charge more for air time.. it sells.. 

Let's keep our eyes on the problems and people we can help and do something about.. again the devil as got us running in circles and not helping one another.

Peace,

Donne

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 11:32AM #557
Andalublue

Well said, Donne. Amen to that and Namaste to you. I shall not be visiting this thread again as I fear for my karma, and that of everyone else.

Andalublue

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 11:34AM #558
rabello

Whether or not Michael Jackson is a "legend" is purely a matter of personal opinion.  Elton John was as flamboyant but a much more innately talented artist, a legend if you will, but that, of course, is purely a matter of personal opinion.    Pink Floyd forged new breakthroughs, and not by jumping up and down with "don't stop till you get enough" 

Personally, I was more interested in the 5 min blurb I heard about Nelson Mendela on CNN, or the 20 min segment about Walter Cronkite's life and work, also on CNN. 

No repeated, hour-long, program after program of those 2 men, though.  No comments from people like Madonna ("I can't stop crying") or Elizabeth Taylor ("I can't speak") or Diana Ross ("I am devastated") over those stories, either.    As if what Madonna has to say, or Liz Taylor for that matter, is weighty enough to be announced on the official news programs, over and over again.

There would have been much less judgment about "The King of Pop" if the stories had been confined to where they belong -- on shows like "Showbiz Tonight" or "Inside Edition" -- so that people who care what Madonna thinks could find & watch it, and those who wanted to hear about what was happening at the very same time in Iran, as just one example, would have been able to hear that (instead of what Madonna feels about everything)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 2:37PM #559
Stardove

MJ's Explosive Pepsi Shoot Video -- 25 Years Later

The video, obtained by US Magazine, shows exactly what went down when a pyrotechnic mishap ended in Michael's scalp being scorched.

After the accident, Jackson became addicted to painkillers.

Michael's hair caught fire on the 6th taping of a Pepsi Commercial.  If only they had stopped at the 5th take who can say what direction Michael's life would have taken?  Maybe no painkiller would have been in his future.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2009 - 2:50PM #560
Tmarie64

Yes, blame Pepsi...  Of course, never mind the thousands of people SERIOUSLY burned... burned to the point that they don't GET pain killers because the drugs would just ooze out of their bodies because the skin is gone.

Yeah, he was so special that ONE incident with pain killers caused the entire downfall of his life.

Sorry, not buying it.  I, personally, know 4 people who were burned over 70 percent of their bodies... they weren't wheeled into an ambulance with their little one glitter glove and tux.  Not one of them is a drug addict, every one of them is grateful for their lives.

He chose not to seek rehab.  He chose to live his life as he did.  His doctors chose money over ethics.  It's not the commercial's fault, nor is it the fault of Pepsi.... He knew there were pyrotechnics and he knew just how flammable jerry-curl is.  It was an accident.

I just hope and pray that someone sane gets those kids.  They don't need to be with his parents, they showed they are incapable of raising kids without abusing them.

Joe is ALREADY musing on their "careers"...

Though his own son has yet to be buried, the always forward looking Joe Jackson said of the children and their possible show business careers – “I don't know. I keep watching Paris. She wants to do something. And as far as I can see, well, they say Blanket, he can really dance.” 

Their father isn't even in the ground and this old b*stard is ALREADY planning on how to use/abuse these kids to make himself rich.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 56 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook