5 years ago  ::  May 01, 2009 - 11:11AM #1
azurecloud

Anybody following it? It's had some pretty amazing moments but by far the most epic of all is the Bulls-Celtics series.  Four OT's in six games! One of the best series I can remember watching in any sport in awhile!

Who are you rooting for in this year's playoffs?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 4:57PM #2
Don't_Be_Captious

This is one of those years I'm not really rooting for anybody.  However I'm pretty sure Cleveland and L.A. should make it to the finals.  I didn't know that Bynum was not playing well since coming back.  I know L.A. was the only team to "really" beat Cleveland at home this year, but I just don't think L.A., esp. without Bynum, will be able to beat the Cavs & King James in a 7 game series.

LeBron is remarkable.  I still compare everyone to my favorite NBA team of all time, the '80s Lakers, and to Magic Johnson & Kareem Abdul Jabar.  No-one still has come close to what Magic did his rookie year, at only 20 years old, when he subsituted at Center for Kareem and scored 42 points in Game 6 of the 1980 Finals & helped the Lakers win their first title of 5 championships in the '80s vs. the Philly 76ers & Dr. J.

Still, LeBron is pretty amazing.  I really can't believe this Cleveland team is this good.  The fact that they've made such stunning strides the past few years, esp. this year, really indicates how incredible he is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 26, 2009 - 4:27AM #3
Don't_Be_Captious

Simply amazing:

LeBron James last second shot

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YVRpgR4vxw&feat...

I didn't actually see the game live, but I heard it on radio.  ESPN's Mike Tirico is the best play-by-play announcer I've ever heard; he is incredible at describing, in detail, exactly what is happening, almost exactly at the instant it's happening.

I heard Tirico say, "Inbounds to (LeBron) James...Three-point shot attempt..."

...then I hear the game horn go off, signaling the end of the game clock...

...then I heard the "whoosh" of the basketball going through the net!

So I could tell immediately, even on radio, thanks to Mike Tirico, the impact of that moment.

Now all Cleveland has to do is actually win some more games.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook