Switch to Forum Live View How many types of art do you do?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2009 - 7:21PM #1
nos482

I posted this question in another spot here a while back.  I use music, painting, poetry, and photos.  I write the poem that describes the painting and visaversa and the music to complement the painting but first it is a poem and then put guitar chords to the poem.  An example of this is.  My world peace song, I painting of the example of what I am expressing in the music,  it can be listened to it at my page.  The painting expresses that killing of inocent people goes on around the world over many things usually greed of one form or another.  Drive by's hitting children to war lords killing groups of people. Walk Away for a Day

The blood of the innocent stain the ground the world around, with a twitch of a finger or a push of a button men, women, and children turn to dust.

Walk away from the killin and blood spillin for a day and pray for peace for tomorrow.
Walk away for a day and pray for tomorrow.

The Devil’s laughin, said the Devil’s laughin, because God and the Angels are cryin because there’s too many people in this big world diein.

Walk away from the killin and blood spillin for a day and pray for peace for tomorrow.

I’ll shed a tear for the human race for loosing it’s humanity, how can it be?
Respect all of God’s creations from nation to nation, that means everywhere or suffer God’s wrath.

Walk away for a day and pray for a tomorrow.

It doesn’t matter where you live or how you pray just walk away from the killin and blood spillin and pray for peace for tomorrow.
Walk away for a day and spend it with the ones you love.

Preying on the innocent and weak, thriving on hatred fear and, the greed of  the blood stained money, drugs, diamonds, oil and gold, have you sold your soul?  What will you do when the Devil wants his dues?

All that’s good strives for peace, love and harmony, rise up above it all, governments and religious  leaders hear my plea to walk away for a day and pray for tomorrow, a call for divine intervention.
By nobody to many and somebody to very few. nos482
  J   copyright 2007 “Jesus forgive them.”

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 7:03AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hi nos482:

Thanks for the poem. And I like your paintings!

Me & Morgan Last month I did photography.

David on the Molonglo River track I took an action shot of an autistic bushwalker.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 11:56AM #3
Green.is.my.favorite.color

Art and music are a compulsion for me. They completely remove me from ordinary reality.I couldn't not do them... the stress and tension it relieves is huge.

What do I do?

- craft my version of the didgeridoo using local hardwoods from storm-downed tree limbs.

- paint, both with brush and airbrush and mostly to decorate the didgeridoos I make

- play didgeridoo, piano, Native American Flute, and mid-eastern hand drums... alone and in groups.

Creativity is core to my spirituality. I'm rather Sufi-like in that regard.

Namaste

Karl

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2009 - 2:17AM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Hi Green.is.my.fav:

"depression and OCD"
Try the Spirituality & Mental Health forum.
community.beliefnet.com/go/forum/view/43...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2009 - 6:38AM #5
smithpeters

This is a very good article. I find prayer and music a fine way to relax and have peace in my mind and soul. I am now 45 years of age and began learning the play the guitar when I was 12. The soothing words to the old country gospel songs are an excellent way to ease the mind and have a closer time with God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 8:29AM #6
Beausiful

My quest for happiness  began in 1989, when I suffered from a 'Cocaine O.D.'.
I suffered a brain stem injury and coordination problem, along with a speech impediment.  Other than short-term memory problems...make no mistake-THERE IS NOTHING WRONG W/ my brain.  The 1st step in my recovery, was spent in a personal care home; learning to walk/talk, again.  Coordinaion was and is a challenge.  My mother encouraged me to work on my creativity.  I wasn't trying to grow old w/ these people.  I was a 25 year old woman.  She bought me a velour 30X 46 picture.  She told me to paint it, instead of using markers.  I've been painting now, for almos 20 years, now.  I work in an assisted living facility.  I may spend 6-10 months and 80-100 hours.  I just pick a residents name, and that's the person that I paint for.  One of my residents offered to pay me...after having seen my picture that I had painted, for them.  I said, you couldn't pay me.  In time alone...........this is worth over $300.  That wasn't including the paints, brushes, or even the cost of the original canvas.  It's worth it, just to see the look of amazement/appreciation on-their-face!  That's my creativity.  I feel a breeze on my cheek and this warm feeling, like my mother giving me a hug/kiss of approval, when I am done.  It feels wonderful, to give-back. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2009 - 1:00PM #7
ipraywoman2

Art, poetry. short story writing, and visiting different sites that I belong to on the internets.

I love playing pc games online and off. I also reading from historial biblical to horror and syfy.

I enjoy watching tv and spending time with family. That's just some of the stuff I love doing and enjoy doing. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2009 - 12:28PM #8
Joannesangel

I started painting visionary art, angels, spiritually related art after a bad car accident where I was hit by a drunk driver.  It took this event to wake me up to my greater purpose.

My website: www.angelic-art.com

Little did I know that my art would lead me to present my World Peace Angel to the former president of Costa Rica at the United Nations or have world leaders receive it.

It's been an amazing journey for sure and one day, I hope to create a special Sanctuary

or World Peace Museum for all my art and others to showcase to help raise the consciousness of this Planet.  Wouldn't that be nice? A world gallery to view only uplifting art.  I will proceed within the next year to start a not-for-profit foundation to get the ball rolling and to start looking for serious investors to make this happen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2009 - 4:50PM #9
LuvBear

I do all sorts of crafting. Tole painting - bird houses, small chairs that I call theme chairs, all kinds of wooded things; polymer clay, I do things with tea cups, also beads. Plus artificial flowers and birds and butterfles. I also found a new idea for jean pockets and the legs of the jeans too.  (You can go to my profile and see what I do with tea cups and the chairs). I also write poetry.

I am teaching a little girl who is the daughter of my mom's caregivers different crafts and she is a joy to teach. She is only 7 but learns so quick.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2009 - 7:04PM #10
S.rosenzweig

I used to be a painter and a printmaker-- oil paintings, etchings and lithography.  In 2006, I started doing political cartoons, collaborating with my husband, who is a comedian and commentator.  This morphed into a 3 year project, which became The Comic Torah.  I play YHWH, he plays Moses, and it's a romantic comedy.  Now we're trying to move this from web-based to a REAL book! Check it out if you're an adventurous sort, at Thecomictorah.com.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook