6 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 4:56PM #1
azurecloud

Is anybody a big fan of this series on the Discovery Channel? I used to watch it all the time and my brother has the blu-ray DVD which is pretty amazing - I was totally obsessed with it.  I saw a trailer for an upcoming movie called Earth, which I found out was made by the same guys who did the series, so naturally I'm intrigued by it!

Saw this interview with the directors today, and how they made this movie and the passion they have for it is just amazing: http://www.press.org/video/player.cfm?id=34

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2009 - 1:07PM #2
humbaba

I agree, it was amazing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2009 - 5:29PM #3
Don't_Be_Captious

Unfortunately for me, I  haven't seen it, but I really would like to.  I really enjoy the aesthetic experience of all these cool science & nature documentaries good television, like Discovery & PBS, can make these days.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2009 - 1:33PM #4
azurecloud

It is pretty amazing to see how they shot all this stuff, especially for Earth...and especially with the technology today, the directors were able to get some amazing shots that you would otherwise never see. That's the reason I love nature documentaries - it lets you see and appreciate all that the planet has to offer.

In the Q&A for Earth, the directors talked about a new type of camera they had where they were able to shoot animals from above (in a helicopter) but zoom in incredibly close and get the awesome imagery of them, like the elephants migrating through the desert. Sounds like pretty cool stuff, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else they were able to capture on-camera for the movie!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook