Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 2:00AM #1
MarleneEmmett5

Dec 31, 1969 -- 6:00PM, mikebm wrote:

The movie was good, the book was okay, but I liked Angels and Demons better. I find it distrubing that people get so upset by a book, that is sold in the fiction section. There may be some historical truth to Jesus having been married, at that point in history it would be very uncommon for a man of his age to not have been married, and have a couple of kids, and since he was called Rabbi, it would be expected of him to get married. Just because it's not mentioned in the Bible, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Many scholars believe that the wedding in Caanan was his wedding, but we may never know for sure.

Mikebm:
Have some good news for you Angels & Deamons comes out on June 15th!! the prequel to

The DaVinci Code should be very good.I'm looking foward to seeing the movie!

I'm in agreement with you~Who says that Jesus wasn't married,were we walking the

streets the same time he was?? Jesus was an Orthodox Jew~in those day one couldn't

be anything but an Orthodox Jew,there wasn't any Reformed or Conservative jews.

Angels & Deamons will stir the pot again and bring up "The DaVinciCode arguement to the

forefront of controversy once again~we'll be talking about it for most of the summer.

As far as I know the Chruch did forbid RonHoward from filming in any Chruches~Hollywood

can and always has "gotten around that "

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 4:00AM #2
LiobaAsia

The marriage of Jesus to Mary Magdalene wouldn't make any difference. He's still the same guy who died for our sins.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2009 - 5:11PM #3
Denar

Anyone else looking forward to the "Angels & Demons" movie release?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2009 - 11:31PM #4
MarleneEmmett5

Apr 17, 2009 -- 5:11PM, Denar wrote:

Anyone else looking forward to the "Angels & Demons" movie release?

Yes~I can't wait to see the film!!
I can't tell you how many times I've watched the first film~I was "obcessed with it~and it's
premise" I for one say "Why not couldn't Jesus & Mary Mag. be married?"
The DaVinci Code wasn't the very first movie to stumble into this area:
The first film to do so and ask this question: The Last Temptation Of Christ.

If you have ever seen that film then you already know of a scene between Brabara Hershey,
who played Mary & William DeFoe who played Jesus.
The scene took place in a hut~you see a naked Mary sitting in the middle and she's has a beautiful pregancy tummy~she was with "HolyChild"~then something happens and she loses the child~and dies. Nothing more is said.

I was watching a special on ABC news one night and I saw the "Last Supper" and they showed the closeup of the figure sitting next to Jesus with the long red hair~and for the
first time I had an "ahah moment": the figure is a Woman, NOT A MAN!!!!

That weekend is going to be a busy one for me:
First,on June 14th HBO's second season of Trueblood is going to debut!
I've been waiting for that since the first season ended!!!

Then on june 15th~Angels & Deamons comes out!!!

I've just heard that another book will be coming out by Dan Brown in September!
And that another film will be made also~This was on www.msnbc.com the other day!!!

Seems to be a "Franchise with these films~as TomHanks is going to be in "angels/deamons~
and also in the film that will be done after the book that comes out ~ The RobertLandon
Character is a "Bankable one"~ That means that the character made money for the studio/And for Dan Brown.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 4:09PM #5
Nightwriterx

I loved the Davinci Code book. True, the writing wasn't spectacular, but the ideas were intriguing. I'm getting ready to read Angels and Demons and am really excited to see how the movie turns out!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 8:19PM #6
MarleneEmmett5

Apr 30, 2009 -- 4:09PM, Nightwriterx wrote:

I loved the Davinci Code book. True, the writing wasn't spectacular, but the ideas were intriguing. I'm getting ready to read Angels and Demons and am really excited to see how the movie turns out!

Nightwriterx:
I can't wait for Angels & Deamons to come out and I'm planning on reading the book
Did you know that Tom Hanks has signed on to be in the third movie of the book
that will come out in September!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 09, 2009 - 9:20PM #7
Nightwriterx

May 9, 2009 -- 8:19PM, MarleneEmmett5 wrote:

Nightwriterx:
I can't wait for Angels & Deamons to come out and I'm planning on reading the book
Did you know that Tom Hanks has signed on to be in the third movie of the book
that will come out in September!!!!!

I hadn't even heard that there WAS a third book. Cool! I'll add that to my list of books to read! :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook