Page 6 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 'Lost' Ends Tonight: Your Thoughts?
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 12:26PM #51
mountain_man

zorro2 wrote:

mountain man, all I can tell you is what the writers and eveyone else and every posted review of the episodes, every spoiler and information in the story itself says only their consciouness is traveling through time what they have with thme goes with them.

don't make the mistake of over analyzing this. or you will get a major head ache!!! trust me I  know. by the way ...you got any asprin?

Why would a physical would travel if it is all only in one's mind?

my guess is they need to show us what they are experiencing and they also need action. so they came up with " what you have with you stays with you" remember this is Science Fiction, not Science Facts. and its T.v. And more importantly Its LOST!!!-LOL.

They will have to explain that, or is it going to be one thing left unexplained, like that statue.

I did predict that Jin was not dead. It seems he is popping about in time too.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 6:16PM #52
zorro2

mountain_man wrote:

They will have to explain that, or is it going to be one thing left unexplained, like that statue.

honestly you may have a point. but the only explanation is they want us to "see" what the actors are going through mentally.  When they showed the white rabbit with the number 15 on its side.
the darhma video said "we will now send the rabbit through time. then they shot a close up on the rabbit so we can see its consciousness go through time. but we can't see someone consciousness go through time. all we saw was a white rabbit with the number 15 sitting there. nothing seem to happen.

With the mouse in the maze, daniel told desmond I am going to send this mouse forward in time.
then desmond zaps the mouse, he put the mouse in the maze and the mouse run the maze perfectly.  When that happened Desmond said, "I don't understand so the mouse ran the maze whats the big deal with that?" and Daniel said " this mouse has never seen this maze before, I was going to teach him this maze 4 hours from now. his consciouness time traveled.

Again the lady in the coma, Daniel experimented with her, and her sister said she keeps jumping around in time (not in so many words ) one minute she's talking about the past, then the present etc.
They have to show us what is going on in the actors head. thus we see their bodies travel and the environment travel. like a dream, or in their case a nightmare.

Also something that sticks in my mind. On one of these videos Damon and carlton suggest that, although daniel is a scientist who knows all about time travel, he could be wrong."  they said he may not know as much as he thinks he does about time travel, he may have gotten a few things wrong.

Another point to consider, when the Island disappeared they showed the people in the raft looking at the island, then they show them in the middle of the ocean and no island in site. remember that? it was at the end of that episode in season 4.( i think).

But in season 5 they show the white flash and the island disappeared, then they show daniel looking toward the island, then they show that the island is still there!!. and daniel says "we must have been within the time wake".

So remember alot of what they do is for dramatic affect. otherwise it would be like us starring at that white rabbit..nothing happening to the rabbit not that we can see. so they show us what we can't see.

I believe the island is still where it has always been, the losties keep making reference to "its not "Where" we are but "When" we are."

So I think and this is just my opinion, I think its like a person with alziemers (spelling is incorrect) .I knew one guy with that illness and in his mind he was on the roof of a building afraid he would fall, but in reality he was laying in bed very stiff and rigid afraid to move because  mentally he clearly saw himself on the roof of the house, he even began to yell for help. so that must be what the Losties are going through.

I will look for an interview with carlton and damon explaning the whole time travel thing and give you a link to it.
" Why the statue has four toes instead of five?, they explained that too. they originally wanted the statue to have 6 toes.-lol, but there was a conflict between the writers and the producers about that. but I will find that interview and link it to you as well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 7:11PM #53
mountain_man

zorro2 wrote:

...Again the lady in the coma, Daniel experimented with her, and her sister said she keeps jumping around in time (not in so many words ) one minute she's talking about the past, then the present etc..

Sounds like a Kurt Vonnegut novel. His characters often become unstuck in time.

..." Why the statue has four toes instead of five?, they explained that too. they originally wanted the statue to have 6 toes.-lol, but there was a conflict between the writers and the producers about that. but I will find that interview and link it to you as well.

The amount of toes is irrelevant, but the origin is. Who built it?

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 6:16PM #54
zorro2

mountain_man wrote:

honestly you may have a point. but the only explanation is they want us to "see" what the actors are going through mentally.  When they showed the white rabbit with the number 15 on its side.
the darhma video said "we will now send the rabbit through time. then they shot a close up on the rabbit so we can see its consciousness go through time. but we can't see someone consciousness go through time. all we saw was a white rabbit with the number 15 sitting there. nothing seem to happen.

With the mouse in the maze, daniel told desmond I am going to send this mouse forward in time.
then desmond zaps the mouse, he put the mouse in the maze and the mouse run the maze perfectly.  When that happened Desmond said, "I don't understand so the mouse ran the maze whats the big deal with that?" and Daniel said " this mouse has never seen this maze before, I was going to teach him this maze 4 hours from now. his consciouness time traveled.

Again the lady in the coma, Daniel experimented with her, and her sister said she keeps jumping around in time (not in so many words ) one minute she's talking about the past, then the present etc.
They have to show us what is going on in the actors head. thus we see their bodies travel and the environment travel. like a dream, or in their case a nightmare.

Also something that sticks in my mind. On one of these videos Damon and carlton suggest that, although daniel is a scientist who knows all about time travel, he could be wrong."  they said he may not know as much as he thinks he does about time travel, he may have gotten a few things wrong.

Another point to consider, when the Island disappeared they showed the people in the raft looking at the island, then they show them in the middle of the ocean and no island in site. remember that? it was at the end of that episode in season 4.( i think).

But in season 5 they show the white flash and the island disappeared, then they show daniel looking toward the island, then they show that the island is still there!!. and daniel says "we must have been within the time wake".

So remember alot of what they do is for dramatic affect. otherwise it would be like us starring at that white rabbit..nothing happening to the rabbit not that we can see. so they show us what we can't see.

I believe the island is still where it has always been, the losties keep making reference to "its not "Where" we are but "When" we are."

So I think and this is just my opinion, I think its like a person with alziemers (spelling is incorrect) .I knew one guy with that illness and in his mind he was on the roof of a building afraid he would fall, but in reality he was laying in bed very stiff and rigid afraid to move because  mentally he clearly saw himself on the roof of the house, he even began to yell for help. so that must be what the Losties are going through.

I will look for an interview with carlton and damon explaning the whole time travel thing and give you a link to it.
" Why the statue has four toes instead of five?, they explained that too. they originally wanted the statue to have 6 toes.-lol, but there was a conflict between the writers and the producers about that. but I will find that interview and link it to you as well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 7:11PM #55
mountain_man

zorro2 wrote:

...Again the lady in the coma, Daniel experimented with her, and her sister said she keeps jumping around in time (not in so many words ) one minute she's talking about the past, then the present etc..

Sounds like a Kurt Vonnegut novel. His characters often become unstuck in time.

..." Why the statue has four toes instead of five?, they explained that too. they originally wanted the statue to have 6 toes.-lol, but there was a conflict between the writers and the producers about that. but I will find that interview and link it to you as well.

The amount of toes is irrelevant, but the origin is. Who built it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 9:05AM #56
DoorNumber3
I have watched every episode of Lost but sometimes I feel like I have no idea what is going on.

Didn’t Sun have a daughter? Where is she?

Way back there was an episode about Walt. Something was said about Walt being special. Does anyone know what that means?

Danielle’s daughter - I think her name is Alex, She had a boyfriend named Karl. There was a scene of him in a chair in front of a screen displaying odd images. What was that?

Back when somebody had to keep entering those numbers there was something about printed reports that were sent up a tube like a bank drive through. It showed a big pile of canisters laying on the ground where they came out of the tube. What was that?

What was the purpose of entering those numbers anyway? Does anyone know the significance of the numbers? Why don’t they have to push numbers now?

What are the theories about the polar bear? The black smoke?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 10:11AM #57
zorro2
on www.abc.go.com they have podcast some audio and some video. on these pod cast carlton and damon answer viewers questions about lost. there are many of these podcast. and many questions are answered and others give you clues to what is going on. februray 5th audio podcast is very informative. they hint at locke being resurrected.

another place to see video podcast with carlton and damon is at
www.E.W.com. here too they answer some of the burning questions concerning lost.

and also http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page has a lot of infomation about lost and the characters, theories, they tell you what the "Whispers are saying" and how books, plays, world religions ect. play a role or not in Lost.

Check these out and see if some of your questions are answered. Listen carefully to the audio podcast on abc.com.  In these podcast they tell you or remind you that not everything you see is relevent to the story of lost. there are things that are cannon and not cannon, but check out these webisodes they are very informative.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 11:16AM #58
zorro2

DoorNumber3 wrote:

I have watched every episode of Lost but sometimes I feel like I have no idea what is going on.

Didn’t Sun have a daughter? Where is she?

answer: Sun said to kate that her daughter is being watched by an aunt or grandmother in other words someone is baby sitting her daughter while sun is out taking care of buisness.

Way back there was an episode about Walt. Something was said about Walt being special. Does anyone know what that means?

Answer: they were saying walt is special because he seem to have some sort of psycic powers, and that is why the island chose him. and also why the others kidnapped him. in season 5 alpert said we choose our leaders as children and only special children can become leaders. so they figure walt has some special ability. and in various episode he portrays that ability. like with the comic book and the polar bear, when locke was showing him how to throw a knife, and astro projection. which we think was walt, but I am not so sure that was walts doing.

Danielle’s daughter - I think her name is Alex, She had a boyfriend named Karl. There was a scene of him in a chair in front of a screen displaying odd images. What was that?

Answer: we the fans of the show are guessing that it was an attempt to control karls mind. and reprogram him to think like the others, ben didn't like karl because he was Alex boyfriend and wanted to run away with alex. so the others tried to brain wash karl. so basicaly its was brain washing.

Back when somebody had to keep entering those numbers there was something about printed reports that were sent up a tube like a bank drive through. It showed a big pile of canisters laying on the ground where they came out of the tube. What was that?

Answer: This is one of those forgotten unanswered questions that still may be answered later. but for now we are guessing, that station was a observation station. And they sent report up to the surface where someone would come and collect the reports.

(Someone like the army, the others , darhma.) but on the scrolls of paper in the canisters were the numbers that they push every 108 minutes, the time and date. That was the only things found on those scrolls.

There was also a tv monitor in that station that showed the losties in the other station pushing the numbers. ( i forget the names of these stations) who ever was in the station where the losties were, were being watched from this station and a report was sent out through that tube depicting how often the numbers were pushed. Leading us to believe that maybe they were also an unknowning part of the experiment that the island conducts.

What was the purpose of entering those numbers anyway? Does anyone know the significance of the numbers? Why don’t they have to push numbers now?

Answer: they don't have to push those numbers now because the place emploded. desmond turned a "fail safe key" and when he did a bright light and noise (just like when the donkey wheel was turned) happened and the hatch emploded.
We can ascertain from that, that the hatch was magnetized and  when the hatch exploded or emploded, it caused the island to become visible to all outside technology.
So penny's boat was able to find it and so was Widmores freighter. The island now showed up on radar. So the numbers may have something to do with keeping the island hidden.

What are the theories about the polar bear? The black smoke?

Answer: the polar bear was just a "lab rat", an experiment they were conducting on animal to prove or disprove the effects of time travel on the island and what ever other experiments they were doing. how the polar bear ended up in the tunisa desert. is actually mentioned in the abc podcast.  They were kinda flip about it but basically I think it just wandered into the time machine or brought there as part of the experiment i guess we may get an answer to that later.

The black smoke however, in  the podcast  the writers damon and carlton do say that every time we see the black smoke we will know a little more about its history and what it is. this is according to carlton and damon in the abc podcast where they answer the fans questions. its the audio podcast where they talk about the smoke monster.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 1:11PM #59
DoorNumber3
zorro2,

Thanks for the links. I am having so much fun reading the theories on wikipedia.  Though some of the stuff I don't even remember.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 2:38PM #60
zorro2
to mountain man: i copied this from the E.w. website they are attempting to explain the whole time travel thing. but they don't seem concern with the body v.s. mind aspect of it. here is what they said:

''THE CONSTANT'' REVISITED!
With clarifications from special guest Damon Lindelof!

After last week's time-tripping Desmond episode, I promised you guys some more analysis of ''The Constant'' due to the fact that I watched it while suffering through a crunch of flu-induced fever. As it turns out, it's probably good we spend some more time with it, anyway, given the intensity of passion and interest that many fans continue to have in the episode, arguably the best single outing since season 1's ''Walkabout.'' And to help us understand the story's noodle-cooking intricacies, I have some crucial insight from exec producer and ''Constant'' co-writer Damon Lindelof that I think you'll wanna know. To wit:

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO DESMOND?
In ''The Constant,'' Desmond became ''unstuck in time'' after flying through a thundercloud crackling with strange electricity. He experienced something like time travel, though not bodily time travel; instead, his consciousness shuttled between two different time periods, Island present 2004 and Desmond's past 1996. But here's the tricky twist: Desmond's Island-present mind wasn't the one doing the time traveling. When Desmond got hit with Island magic, his consciousness got knocked off-line and was replaced by his 1996 self. It was this older Desmond consciousness that toggled between present and past throughout the episode. Once Desmond '96 completed the errand of getting Penny's phone number so he could call her on Christmas Eve 2004, Desmond's present-day mind came back online, but rebooted with the new memories created by his time-travel adventure. I know: tricky stuff. But I had the chance to run all this by Damon Lindelof — and he says this interpretation is correct.

NEXT PAGE: Lindelof confirms more cool stuff

if you visit www.e.w.com there are some interviews and videos you can check out. its a pretty cool websites for lost fans.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 21  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook