Page 2 of 21  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 'Lost' Ends Tonight: Your Thoughts?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 10:43AM #11
Zaracyn
what I'm curious about is who is Sun really working for?  When did she come to the conclusion that Ben was responsible?  I can only assume that "jeremy bentham" aka Locke must've informed her.  I hoping to see more flashbacks on Locke to discover / verify that connection.  Otherwise, could she really be secretly working for Ben?

another question I hope we'll eventually get to know, what the heck is the smoke monster?  what are the "rules" of the island?  who built the four toed statue?  will we get to see the black rock crew in a flashback?  Who is/was Jacob?  Has Christen/Claire replaced him?  Will Locke eventually replace him?  Is Daniel's grandmother the Lady that Ben talked too in the ending of last weeks show?  the same woman who spoke to Desmond when he first discovered he could see the future while on the island?

So many questions...hooked yet again ;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2009 - 6:19PM #12
petofi
[QUOTE=Zaracyn;1040607]what I'm curious about is who is Sun really working for?  When did she come to the conclusion that Ben was responsible?  I can only assume that "jeremy bentham" aka Locke must've informed her.  I hoping to see more flashbacks on Locke to discover / verify that connection.  Otherwise, could she really be secretly working for Ben?

another question I hope we'll eventually get to know, what the heck is the smoke monster?  what are the "rules" of the island?  who built the four toed statue?  will we get to see the black rock crew in a flashback?  Who is/was Jacob?  Has Christen/Claire replaced him?  Will Locke eventually replace him?  Is Daniel's grandmother the Lady that Ben talked too in the ending of last weeks show?  the same woman who spoke to Desmond when he first discovered he could see the future while on the island?

So many questions...hooked yet again ;)[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of questions:)

I would like to think that Sun is secretly working for Ben, to eventually get her revenge on Charles Widmore for Jin's "apparent" death.  Otherwise, there is no way Ben would be able to convince her to return to the Island.

John Locke's "alias" (Jeremy Bentham), was an interesting English philsopher.  Benthan was an influence on John Stuart Mill (Utilitarianism).  Benthan's body is preserved and on display in a college in England.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 4:50AM #13
Don't_Be_Captious
I loved Hurley getting pulled over by Ana Lucia in his hallucination.  She was a cool character, but they took her off because the real-life actress got pulled over for drunk driving in Hawaii.  They need to keep bringing back, at least occasionally, some of these characters they've gotten rid for no real good reason, like Ana Lucia, Libby, Charlie, Mr. Ecko.

I heard a reviewer ask recently if "Lost" is beginning to "jump the shark."  I say, No Way.  They've been foreshadowing time travel for ages, even since before Desmond was introduced.  But Desmond's ability for his consciousness to somehow move back & forth through time -- like Billy Pilgrim in Slaughterhouse Five -- gives him, as Daniel Faraday said, a miraculously unique ability for him to save the Islanders.

I'm so glad they finally picked a date to end this story.  IMO, the writers clearly meandered around aimlessly for much of the first 3 years.  Like someone I read said, "Lost" could be as aimless & pointlessly written as "The Sopranos" (and yet both are 2 of the best shows of all time).  After seeing "Cloverfield," it's obvious to me that JJ Abrams et al do a lot of stream-of-consciousness writing & storytelling & production; and, in a way, that can be very effective & powerful, since it mirrors much of the way real life actually works.  Still, it's nice to see clearly that they have a strong, unique focus for how this show is going to end.  Almost certainly, very satisfyingly.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 9:18AM #14
Zaracyn
I'm glad they brought Anna Lucia back too at least in a Hurley vision/cameo thingy/etc. 

...how much you wanna bet the islanders are jumping through time every 108 minutes? ;)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 11:22AM #15
petofi

Don't_Be_Captious wrote:

I loved Hurley getting pulled over by Ana Lucia in his hallucination.  She was a cool character, but they took her off because the real-life actress got pulled over for drunk driving in Hawaii.  They need to keep bringing back, at least occasionally, some of these characters they've gotten rid for no real good reason, like Ana Lucia, Libby, Charlie, Mr. Ecko.

I heard a reviewer ask recently if "Lost" is beginning to "jump the shark."  I say, No Way.  They've been foreshadowing time travel for ages, even since before Desmond was introduced.  But Desmond's ability for his consciousness to somehow move back & forth through time -- like Billy Pilgrim in Slaughterhouse Five -- gives him, as Daniel Faraday said, a miraculously unique ability for him to save the Islanders.

I'm so glad they finally picked a date to end this story.  IMO, the writers clearly meandered around aimlessly for much of the first 3 years.  Like someone I read said, "Lost" could be as aimless & pointlessly written as "The Sopranos" (and yet both are 2 of the best shows of all time).  After seeing "Cloverfield," it's obvious to me that JJ Abrams et al do a lot of stream-of-consciousness writing & storytelling & production; and, in a way, that can be very effective & powerful, since it mirrors much of the way real life actually works.  Still, it's nice to see clearly that they have a strong, unique focus for how this show is going to end.  Almost certainly, very satisfyingly.

Since "Lost" has only one more season to go, I hope they begin to start answering questions that fans have asked since Season One, instead of raising more.  Like, what about the polar bear, the "smoke monster," "Jacob," etc.

I've always been fascinated by time-travel, so I'm glad this element has been revealed as a major factor behind all the mysteries:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 6:54PM #16
Nightwriterx

Zaracyn wrote:

...how much you wanna bet the islanders are jumping through time every 108 minutes? ;)

Yep. I have the feeling that number will be popping up quite a bit this season. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 9:13AM #17
petofi
Because of the snow and ice storms that have hit the mid-west, our local ABC station was actually down last night, so no "Lost" for me):

Anything important happen on last night's episode (1/28)?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 11:14AM #18
mountain_man

petofi wrote:

Because of the snow and ice storms that have hit the mid-west, our local ABC station was actually down last night, so no "Lost" for me):

No questions were answered. However, Charles Widmore was on the Island in 1954.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 11:14AM #19
mountain_man

petofi wrote:

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 9:56PM #20
Nightwriterx

mountain_man wrote:

I agree. That's the most compelling thing that happened. I didn't see THAT coming!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 21  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook