Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 'Lost' Ends Tonight: Your Thoughts?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 9:55AM #1
petofi
Tonight marks the fifth season debut of  "Lost."  You either love it , or hate it .  Personally I think it's the best thought provoking drama on television today bar none.  It definitely has gnostic themes to its storylines not to mention main character names connected to famous philosophers.  Theology and time-travel also predominate its plots.

A series like "Lost" might not be everyones cup a tea with network progamming dominated by sitcoms and cop shows and (gasp) American Idol, but my thanks to ABC for giving it a full run!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 10:49AM #2
mountain_man
I love the show but I wish they'd get their production schedule right. I'm tired of this on again, off again, bit.
Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 1:20PM #3
petofi
[QUOTE=mountain_man;1033741]I love the show but I wish they'd get their production schedule right. I'm tired of this on again, off again, bit.[/QUOTE]

Looks like ABC will keep starting up "Lost" in January.  Only one more season to go.  The series will be wrapped up next season starting in January 2010.

At least this way there should be all new episodes throughout the run, I hope.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2009 - 8:06PM #4
Nightwriterx
I agree Mountain Man. I love the show, but all the time in between seasons is annoying.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 9:34AM #5
petofi
Does anyone think its strange that Sun blames Ben for the death of her husband, while to me it seems that his death is the fault of Charles Widmar's mercenary army?  Yet Sun wants to cozy up to Widmar to kill Ben.  To me, Widmar is more responsible for her husband's death than Ben.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2009 - 12:00PM #6
mountain_man
[QUOTE=petofi;1035954]Does anyone think its strange that Sun blames Ben for the death of her husband, while to me it seems that his death is the fault of Charles Widmar's mercenary army?  Yet Sun wants to cozy up to Widmar to kill Ben.  To me, Widmar is more responsible for her husband's death than Ben.[/QUOTE]
but are the people on the boat dead?:confused:

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 9:12AM #7
petofi
[QUOTE=mountain_man;1036204]but are the people on the boat dead?:confused:[/QUOTE]

I think there is a strong chance that Sun's husband (Jin) is still alive, and that is going to be one of the major surprises of the season. 

I still fail to understand why Sun blames Ben Linus for Jin's "apparent" death, since the real blame should go to Charles Widmore's mercenary army?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 11:01AM #8
mountain_man
[QUOTE=petofi;1038133]I think there is a strong chance that Sun's husband (Jin) is still alive, and that is going to be one of the major surprises of the season. 

I'm waiting for Charlie to come back too.

I still fail to understand why Sun blames Ben Linus for Jin's "apparent" death, since the real blame should go to Charles Widmore's mercenary army?[/QUOTE]
She does not know but is going to kill Ben anyway and then a few minutes after she kills him, Jin will show up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 2:25PM #9
petofi
[QUOTE=mountain_man;1038338]I'm waiting for Charlie to come back too.

She does not know but is going to kill Ben anyway and then a few minutes after she kills him, Jin will show up.[/QUOTE]

I doubt if we'll see Charlie in the flesh, since we saw his floating body at the end of Season 3, but who knows?

I'd much rather see Sun kill Charles Widmore than Ben, since I view Widmore more responsible for Jin's apparent death, if he didn't escape the exploding ship.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2009 - 5:59PM #10
mountain_man
[QUOTE=petofi;1038864]I doubt if we'll see Charlie in the flesh, since we saw his floating body at the end of Season 3, but who knows?

I'd much rather see Sun kill Charles Widmore than Ben, since I view Widmore more responsible for Jin's apparent death, if he didn't escape the exploding ship.[/QUOTE]
We did see Charlie's body, but no bodies from the boat. Maybe as the island is jumping around in time they'll find Charlie or someone else and latch on to them.

Ben is not all that nice of a guy either. He killed the first group of Others.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 21  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook