Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
5 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2009 - 4:58AM #1
Don't_Be_Captious
Dear god it's finally HERE, after nearly 2 years of advertising & build-up.

1) Tony Almeida is probably not actually an evil anti-American domestic terrorist; he didn't pull the trigger on smashing those 2 airplanes together, so he hasn't actually committed any despicable, evil act yet, which might mean he's still actually a good guy, just under deep, deep cover.

2) Janine Garofalo (who is a real cutie) is either the FBI mole that's feeding information to Tony's terrorist cell, or she's going to turn out to be a red herring who seems like she's the mole.  "24" being on Fox Network, I suspect they're all making a sly joke out of Garofalo's well-known penchant to behave like a Portland, Oregon grunge-hippie-cum-potential-Earth-First!-domestic-terrorist.  She must have a good sense of humor about it, though, to even take the role in the first place.

3) Yay!  Previews indicate Chloe's coming back at some point.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 19, 2009 - 12:22PM #2
War_Eagle
Glenn Beck had the two producers of the show on his show two weeks ago and one of the interesting things they revealed was that fans were so angry after last season that they decided to scrap everything and start all over, hence the deactivation of CTU.

I've never let an actor or actress' political views get in the way of my enjoying them, but I really do hope Janine Garafalo's character gets shot at some point in the season. She's just annoying and doesn't seem to serve any purposes.

The only thing I don't like is that the whole show (which, normally, I'm an insane fan of) seems to have a bit of a dopey "A Team" quality to it this year.

Of course, the little FBI girl is going to realize that she can't fight evil within the system and will join them (probably with Aaron the Secret Service guy right behind her).

But who's funding them? Don't these things cost money? I mean, they're in this huge, ornate building that looks like a library,  granted, Chloe is working from a laptop set up on a card table, but there's got to be money coming in from somewhere.

**Spoiler coming up**

Plus, the fact that neither Jack nor Tony have a license to kill anymore. They can't just shoot people for the Hell of it and torture people and get away with it. Now, if they get caught, they can't just say he had evidence or count on President Palmer to bail them out.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the show. But I'm a little skeptical about the way it's starting out.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2009 - 3:07PM #3
azurecloud
That's really interesting! I actually stopped watching after season 5 (or maybe 6?) after Palmer, Almedia (allegedly), et al were killed. But this season has intrigued me thus far! And I am REALLY happy to see Tony back. I love him! Janeane Garafolo definitely irks me - betting she might be on the bad side.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 3:27PM #4
Don't_Be_Captious
Well, so far it looks like Janine Garofalo is just a counterpart to Chloe, sort of the wallflower-uber computer geek girl, while the guy she sits about 20 feet away from is the Nasty Secret Mole Terrorist.

I don't know what all the fuss was about last season (Day 6) (aka Season 6), but, yeah, in the final analysis it did suck.  Really, I got hooked on this show in Day 4, and now having seen all the seasons, the first 3 were far better than the last 3.

Last season rang really untrue, esp. when they did that insipid left-turn with about 6 episodes left, with Chinese invading CTU from underground, etc.  Really jumped the shark there, imo.

I'm still optimistic about this season so far!

(Though, I mean, come on.  It's fantastic Tony's back & all, but weren't all 4 of those people back in Day 5 clearly shot in the head, Tony, Tony's wife, ex-president Palmer, & the attempt on Chloe if I'm not forgetting someone else?  HTH is Tony supposed to come back to life after that?)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 3:27PM #5
Don't_Be_Captious
Well, so far it looks like Janine Garofalo is just a counterpart to Chloe, sort of the wallflower-uber computer geek girl, while the guy she sits about 20 feet away from is the Nasty Secret Mole Terrorist.

I don't know what all the fuss was about last season (Day 6) (aka Season 6), but, yeah, in the final analysis it did suck.  Really, I got hooked on this show in Day 4, and now having seen all the seasons, the first 3 were far better than the last 3.

Last season rang really untrue, esp. when they did that insipid left-turn with about 6 episodes left, with Chinese invading CTU from underground, etc.  Really jumped the shark there, imo.

I'm still optimistic about this season so far!

(Though, I mean, come on.  It's fantastic Tony's back & all, but weren't all 4 of those people back in Day 5 clearly shot in the head, Tony, Tony's wife, ex-president Palmer, & the attempt on Chloe if I'm not forgetting someone else?  HTH is Tony supposed to come back to life after that?)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2009 - 1:00PM #6
azurecloud
Hm...I don't think that he was shot, I think he was injected with something. or poisoned? That was the nerve gas season, I believe. Palmer definitely was shot and I think Michelle's car exploded? They said earlier this season Tony was revived with a hypothermic injection.

Anyways, Janeane Garafalo is the Chloe counterpart, I suppose, but definitely less hardcore and cool!!!

I'm also optimistic about this season!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2009 - 4:42PM #7
Don't_Be_Captious
I finally watched the last 3 episodes and so can now respond here.  I knew Janeane Garofalo was an evil mole spy terrorist!  Looks like War Eagle will get his wish and Jack, or more likely Chloe, will whack her by season's end.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2009 - 10:53PM #8
azurecloud
I would love to see a Chloe-Janis showdown!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2009 - 9:06AM #9
War_Eagle

Don't_Be_Captious wrote:

I finally watched the last 3 episodes and so can now respond here.  I knew Janeane Garofalo was an evil mole spy terrorist!  Looks like War Eagle will get his wish and Jack, or more likely Chloe, will whack her by season's end.

I now believe she'll be killed, too.

And, just to pat myself on the back, I did call the return of Aaron the Secret Service Guy.

Besides Jack, Aaron is the only character to appear in every season. This is the first season that Mike Novick hasn't appeared (yet).

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2009 - 4:55PM #10
Don't_Be_Captious

I love how "24" flips the script so often.  At the beginning of this season, the terrorists were domestic, and they were far-left eco-terrorists.  Now the terrorists are still domestic, but they are far-right, neo-fascists: Starkwood Industries, a direct punch at all the neo-con mercenary armies like Blackwater, Xe, etc.

(But I am pissed at Obama for continuing to use the Bush admin. mercenaries, even if "Blackwater" goes by "Xe" now, as well as other different domestic mercenary paramilitary fighters, excuse me, "private military contractors.")

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook