Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Favorite Comfort Movies
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 1:58PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
What do you like to watch when you're feeling under the weather? Check out these Top 10 Comfort Movies
http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/ … ovies.aspx
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2009 - 12:48AM #2
MsMarchHare
Dirty Dancing....my secret shame...but when its on action sci-fi nerd girl turns into a Baby wannabe.

Time after Time...shoddy time machine effects...but Malcolm McDowell is sweet, and David Warner makes me flinch....I still watch it with the blankets pulled up to my eyes.

The Princess Bride...."Hallo...my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father...prepare to die!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2009 - 4:16PM #3
cholmes4623
[QUOTE=MsMarchHare;1015353]Dirty Dancing....my secret shame...but when its on action sci-fi nerd girl turns into a Baby wannabe.

Time after Time...shoddy time machine effects...but Malcolm McDowell is sweet, and David Warner makes me flinch....I still watch it with the blankets pulled up to my eyes.

The Princess Bride...."Hallo...my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father...prepare to die!"[/QUOTE]

That is my favorite line of the entire movie!  I thought I was the only one!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2009 - 11:00PM #4
MsMarchHare
my son has a tshirt that looks like it has a nametag on it that says

HELLO!  My name is...
Inigo Montoya
You killed my father, prepare to die!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2009 - 12:45PM #5
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=BeliefnetSabee;1009799]What do you like to watch when you're feeling under the weather? Check out these Top 10 Comfort Movies
http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/ … ovies.aspx
\"https://www.fegmail.com/exchweb/bin/r … ies.aspx\"[/QUOTE]

BeliefnetSabee:
One of my very very favourite comfort movies was on late last night:
1983's "The Big Chill" with GlennClose,Tom Berranger,Kevin Klein,William Hurt,Don Galloway,
JoBeth Williams, Mary Beth Hurt, and an Unseen  Kevin Costner playing "Alex"!!!!
I don't know how many times I've seen this film!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2009 - 5:24PM #6
nellminow
I love all these suggestions!  Of course the best comfort movie is the one that means the most to you and just about everyone has some movie for which they have a completely irrational fondness.  I'll admit one of my guiltiest guilty pleasures is...."The Cutting Edge," the ice skating movie with Moira Kelly and D.B. Sweeney.  Love it!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 1:26AM #7
MsMarchHare
How about Rat Race, or Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World?

Both make me laugh, they are star-studded comic chase movies, and if you are sick and they come on its hard to turn the channel.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2009 - 1:33AM #8
Feinics
Great suggestions!
I'd have to include Amelie...its like a big warm celluloid hug!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 12:00AM #9
BlackWingBlueSky
[QUOTE=Acts 28:22;1020168]The BBC version of PRIDE & PREJUDICE is one of the top 10[/QUOTE]

That's one of my favorites as well, but I have to make sure I've got time to watch all 5 hrs of it at a single go, because once I start it I can't bear to stop.

My absolute favorite comfort movie is "84 Charing Cross Road", the ultimate book-lover's movie (despite the saddish ending).  Along with a true story that I love is the brilliant casting of Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins as the main characters -- a New York writer and a London bookseller who never meet, but have a 20 year friendship conducted entirely by mail.

I also enjoy two holiday movies -- "The Last Holiday" (the remake with Queen Latifah) and "Love, Actually".  Those two pick me up any time of the year.
Sandy

I've seen normal, and I'm not impressed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 1:21PM #10
zenman1
Amelie  was  quite  interesting.....my  fav.  is  "August  Rush".
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook