Maple Town
Beetle Juice the cartoon series
Batman the animated series from the 80s
oh the list could go on!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 9:51PM #12
nillawafer
captain kangaroo, banana splits, hr puffenstuff, flintstones, jetsons, bugs bunny, sigmund and the seamonsters, the munsters, the monkeys, brady bunch, laugh-in, kung fu, rocky and bullwinkle, the bugaboos.

i'm sure i'm forgetting some.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 9:52PM #13
nillawafer
oh yeah, the groovy ghoulies.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 3:57AM #14
WarpedRecord
Hello, Marlene:

Obviously, that was an abbreviated list from me.

I also loved most of the programs you mentioned, and I liked a lot of the Norman Lear sitcoms of the '70s, particularly "All in the Family," "Maude" and "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" (not really a sitcom, but hilarious at times). I liked cop shows like "Mannix" and "Adam-12" and later "Police Woman" and "Starsky & Hutch." And for music shows, I loved "The Midnight Special," "American Bandstand" and "Soul Train."

I grew up in a small town in the Midwest, and we only had NBC and CBS until I was in high school, when we had cable so I could watch ABC plus some of the superstations that had great syndicated programming.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 1:00PM #15
Evillynnstar

nillawafer wrote:

oh yeah, the groovy ghoulies.

I remember that old old cartoon. It use to come on at like 5am where I lived. I use to watch it after my dad dropped me off at the sitters in the morning.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2008 - 6:57AM #16
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=WarpedRecord;953682]Hello, Marlene:

Obviously, that was an abbreviated list from me.

I also loved most of the programs you mentioned, and I liked a lot of the Norman Lear sitcoms of the '70s, particularly "All in the Family," "Maude" and "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" (not really a sitcom, but hilarious at times). I liked cop shows like "Mannix" and "Adam-12" and later "Police Woman" and "Starsky & Hutch." And for music shows, I loved "The Midnight Special," "American Bandstand" and "Soul Train."

I grew up in a small town in the Midwest, and we only had NBC and CBS until I was in high school, when we had cable so I could watch ABC plus some of the superstations that had great syndicated programming.[/QUOTE]

WarpedRecord:
Couldn't really watch "All in The Family"~ my dad reminded me too much of Archie!!
Loved "Mannix, Adam-12,PoliceWoman,Starsky& Hutch, Fame Is the Name of The Game,The Untouchables"
Any of the "Medical shows"~you can learn a whole lot of information from them!!!
I learned about Epilepsy,Neurofibromatosis(Elephant Man's Diease),TaySachs,Huntington'sCorea(what singer
Will Gruthie died of)and ALS.
Very few comidies really made me laugh: MASH,Carol Burnett,Lucy.
Watched PBS alot: Young peoples concerts with Leonard Bernstein,Masterpiece Theatre& Live From the Met.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2008 - 12:21PM #17
Merope
[COLOR="Navy"]My childhood was in the 50s and early 60s.  A lot of my favorites were the morning sitcoms - I Love Lucy, Our Miss Brooks, Pete and Gladys, etc.  I'd watch 'em when I was home sick with chicken pox and the measles.

I also liked Dr. Kildare (I had a big crush on Richard Chamberlain :-) and the old Patty Duke Show, not to mention Perry Mason.  I also liked Rocky and Bullwinkle and Crusader Rabbit.  And, of course, I loved Leave It to Beaver, Ozzie and Harriet, and The Donna Reed Show

And for some reason, I had an extraordinary fondness for the Jack Lalanne Show

I liked Romper Room and Captain Kangaroo, too :-) 

Blasts from the past, eh?  ;)

[/COLOR]
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2008 - 10:23AM #18
Pfred
[QUOTE=hortonthrockmorton;951900]Ultraman,
[/QUOTE]Ultraman Rules!!!!!!!!!!
The Banana Splits were great too.
Quick Reply