Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Favorite Movie Lines
7 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2008 - 12:16PM #41
AintKatie

mytmouse57 wrote:

My personal favorite:
"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write f**k on their airplanes because... It's obscene!"
Col. Kurtz (Marlon Brando), "Apocalypse Now."

Good one, Mouse. And so very very true in our strange world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 1:13AM #42
dracula68

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2009 - 4:05AM #43
MarleneEmmett5

Apr 14, 2009 -- 1:13AM, dracula68 wrote:

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Dracula68:
I recognize the line from the GodFather~I'm a major fan.

Now I see from your screen name you're into Vampires:
Have you seen HBO's newest series?? TrueBlood~It's based
upon the books of CharlaineHarris's and deals with the
character of SookieStackhouse and Vampire
William Thomas Compton & EricNorthman.

If your'e into Vampires and want to talk come on over to HBO's member created
boards and make some new friends.

Now a favourite line of mine comes from the film "The Four Season's":
It starred Alan Alda,Carole Burnette,RitaMoreno,Jack Weston,LenCariou,
And Sandy Dennis.

the line is said by Carole after she and Alan have a fight:
"You're perfect"~Alan says~ Carole in a fit of anger retorts:
"Don't call me perfect~IF you call me perfect,then I cease to exist"

That's the line I tell my husband whenever he calls me perfect!
MarleneEmmett5

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 9:23AM #44
Curious_Soul

Nov 28, 2007 -- 5:52PM, GraceSA wrote:

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father...prepare to die!" The Princess Bride

lol classic!! havent seen it in so long...but i always recall me and my brothers use to repeat that line over and over.....

Just Curious!

Mohinder: [Voiceover] Where does it come from? This quest? This need to solve lifes mysteries when the simpliest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we would be better off not looking at all. Not delving. Not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here. Yet still we struggle to make a difference. To change the world. To dream of hope. Never knowing for certain who we'll meet along the way. Who, among the world of strangers, will hold our hand. Touch our hearts. And share the pain of trying. __Heroes
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 9:31AM #45
Curious_Soul

Some quotes from 'Troy'

Odysseus: [voiceover] Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?

------------

Achilles: At night I see their faces. All the men I've killed. They're standing there on the far bank of the river Styx. They're waiting for me. They say, 'Welcome, brother'.

------------

Achilles: I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again

-------------

Messenger Boy: Are the stories true? They say your mother was an immortal godess. They say you can't be killed.
Achilles: I wouldn't be bothering with the shield then, would I?
Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

-------------

Hector: All my life I've lived by a code and the code is simple: honor the gods, love your woman and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!

-----------

Achilles: [to his men] Myrmidons! My brothers of the sword! I would rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that beach? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Just Curious!

Mohinder: [Voiceover] Where does it come from? This quest? This need to solve lifes mysteries when the simpliest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we would be better off not looking at all. Not delving. Not yearning. But that's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here. Yet still we struggle to make a difference. To change the world. To dream of hope. Never knowing for certain who we'll meet along the way. Who, among the world of strangers, will hold our hand. Touch our hearts. And share the pain of trying. __Heroes
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 9:38AM #46
Curious_Soul

Some quotes from 'The Last Samurai'

[first lines]
Simon Graham: [narrating] They say Japan was made by a sword. They say the old gods dipped a coral blade into the ocean, and when they pulled it out four perfect drops fell back into the sea, and those drops became the islands of Japan. I say, Japan was made by a handful of brave men. Warriors, willing to give their lives for what seems to have become a forgotten word: honor.

---------------

Algren: [narrating] Spring, 1877. This marks the longest I've stayed in one place since I left the farm at 17. There is so much here I will never understand. I've never been a church going man, and what I've seen on the field of battle has led me to question God's purpose. But there is indeed something spiritual in this place. And though it may forever be obscure to me, I cannot but be aware of its power. I do know that it is here that I've known my first untroubled sleep in many years.

----------

Nobutada: [after Algren is defeated in fencing pratice] Please forgive; too many mind.
Algren: [puzzeled] "Too many mind?"
Nobutada: Hai, mind the sword, mind the people watch, mind enemy - -too many mind.
[seriously]
Nobutada: No mind.
Algren: [pretending getting it] No mind.
[returns to training only to be defeated yet again, much to the laughter of Nobutada and his cousin]

------------

Emperor Meiji: Tell me how he died.
Algren: I will tell you how he lived.

Just Curious!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 9:51AM #47
Curious_Soul

Some quotes from 'Braveheart'

William Wallace: And if this is your army, why does it go?
Veteran: We didn't come here to fight for them!
Young Soldier: Home! The English are too many!
William Wallace: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.
Young Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!
William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
[Scottish army laughs]
William Wallace: I *am* William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men... and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
Veteran: Fight? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live.
William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!
[Scottish army cheers]
William Wallace: Alba gu bra!
["Scotland forever!"]
Army: ALBA GU BRA! ALBA GU BRA! ALBA GU BRA!

-----------------

Stephen: [to William Wallace] God tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fucked.

----------------

Stephen: [starts laughing] Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm *prettier* than this man!
[to the sky]
Stephen: Alright, Father, I'll ask him.
[to William]
Stephen: If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?
Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.
[to the sky]
Stephen: Yes, Father!
[to Hamish]
Stephen: The Almight says, "Don't change the subject, just answer the fuckin' question."
Hamish: Mind your tongue.
Campbell: Insane Irish.
Stephen: [draws a dagger on Campbell; everyone draws weapons] Smart enough to get a dagger past your guards, old man.
William Wallace: That's my friend, Irishman. And the answer to your question is "yes". You fight for me, you get to kill the English.
Stephen: [grins] Excellent!
[removes his dagger]
Stephen: Stephen is my name. I the most wanted man on my island, except I'm not on my island, of course. More's the pity.
Hamish: "Your island"? You mean Ireland?
Stephen: Yeah. It's mine.
Hamish: You're a madman.
Stephen: [nods and starts laughing, then Hamish does as well] I've come to the right place, then.

aaah ya gotta love oul stephen..common the irish!! haha!!

Just Curious!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 10:06AM #48
Curious_Soul

Somebody stop me!! __The Mask lol

Some quotes from 'The day the earth stood still'...or some of my favourite scenes....long...but good!!

------------

Regina Jackson: My name is Regina Jackson. I'm the Secretary of Defense of the United States of America.
Klaatu: This body will take some getting used to.
Regina Jackson: I've been sent here to determine who or what you represent and what your intentions are.
Klaatu: It feels unreal to me. Alien. It will take time to adapt.
Helen Benson: What were you before you were human?
Klaatu: Different.
Helen Benson: Different how?
Klaatu: It would only frighten you.

---------------

Regina Jackson: What is your purpose in coming here?
Klaatu: There is a gathering of world leaders not far from here; I will explain my purpose to them.
Regina Jackson: I'm afraid thats not possible. Perhaps you should explain yourself to me instead.
Klaatu: Do you speak for the entire human race?
Regina Jackson: I speak for the President of the United States. Now, please; tell me why have you come to our planet.
Klaatu: *Your* planet.
Regina Jackson: Yes; this is our planet.
Klaatu: No, it is not

------------

Helen Benson: I need to know what's happening.
Klaatu: This planet is dying. The human race is killing it.
Helen Benson: So you've come here to help us.
Klaatu: No, *I* didn't.
Helen Benson: You said you came to save us.
Klaatu: I said I came to save the Earth.
Helen Benson: You came to save the Earth... from us. You came to save the Earth *from* us.
Klaatu: We cant risk the survival of this planet for the sake of one species.
Helen Benson: What are you saying?
Klaatu: If the Earth dies, you die. If you die, the Earth survives. There are only a handful of planets in the cosmos that are capable of supporting complex life...
Helen Benson: You cant do this.
Klaatu: ...this one can't be allowed to perish.
Helen Benson: We can change. We can still turn things around.
Klaatu: We've watched, we've waited and hoped that you *would* change.
Helen Benson: Please...
Klaatu: It's reached the tipping point. We have to act.
Helen Benson: Please...
Klaatu: We'll undo the damage you've done and give the Earth a chance to begin again.
Helen Benson: Don't do this. Please, we can change. We can change.
Klaatu: The decision is made. The process has begun.
Helen Benson: Oh God.

-----------------

Klaatu: You can't stay here.
Mr. Wu: I can and I will.
Klaatu: If you stay, you'll die
Mr. Wu: I know. This is my home now.
Klaatu: You yourself called them a destructive race.
Mr. Wu: That's true, but still there is another side. You see, I love them. It is a very strange thing. I cant find a way to explain it to you. For many years I cursed myself for being sent here. True, my life is difficult, but as this life is coming to an end, I consider myself lucky to have lived it.

-----------

Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.
Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.
Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.
Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.
Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.
Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.
Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?
Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.
Professor Barnhardt: So it was only when your world was threated with destruction that you became what you are now.
Klaatu: Yes.
Professor Barnhardt: Well that's where we are. You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer

---------------

Klaatu: There's another side to you. I feel it now.

Just Curious!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2009 - 10:24AM #49
Curious_Soul

Some quotes from 'Contact'

Executive: We must confess that your proposal seems less like science and more like science fiction.
Ellie Arroway: Science fiction. Well you're right, it's crazy. In fact, it's even worse than that, nuts.
[angrily slams down her briefcase and marches up to the desk]
Ellie Arroway: You wanna hear something really nutty? I heard of a couple guys who wanna build something called an "airplane," you know you get people to go in, and fly around like birds, it's ridiculous, right? And what about breaking the sound barrier, or rockets to the moon, or atomic energy, or a mission to Mars? Science fiction, right? Look, all I'm asking, is for you to just have the tiniest bit of vision. You know, to just sit back for one minute and look at the big picture. To take a chance on something that just might end up being the most profoundly impactful moment for humanity, for the history... of history.

-------------

[Witnessing a celestial light show up close]
Ellie Arroway: Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea.

------------

Alien: You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.

just thinking of that scene my eyes water a little....

-----------

Panel member: Doctor Arroway, you come to us with no evidence, no record, no artifacts. Only a story that to put it mildly strains credibility. Over half a trillion dollars was spent, dozens of lives were lost. Are you really going to sit there and tell us we should just take this all... on faith?
[pause, Ellie looks at Palmer]
Michael Kitz: Please answer the question, doctor.
Ellie Arroway: Is it possible that it didn't happen? Yes. As a scientist, I must concede that, I must volunteer that.
Michael Kitz: Wait a minute, let me get this straight. You admit that you have absolutely no physical evidence to back up your story.
Ellie Arroway: Yes.
Michael Kitz: You admit that you very well may have hallucinated this whole thing.
Ellie Arroway: Yes.
Michael Kitz: You admit that if you were in our position, you would respond with exactly the same degree of incredulity and skepticism!
Ellie Arroway: Yes!
Michael Kitz: [standing, angrily] Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony, and concede that this "journey to the center of the galaxy," in fact, never took place!
Ellie Arroway: Because I can't. I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.

Just Curious!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2009 - 3:40PM #50
Curious_Soul

favourites from top top film 'man on fire'

Elderly Man: In the church, they say to forgive.
Creasy: Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

---------

Rayburn: A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasey's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece

------------

Sister Anna: Do you ever see the Hand of God in what you do?
Creasy: No, not for a long time.
Sister Anna: The Bible says, "Do not be over come with evil, but overcome...?
Creasy: But overcome evil with good."
Creasy: [in spanish] That's Romans Chapter 12 Verse 21.
Creasy: I am the sheep that got lost, Madre.

-------------

Creasy: Do you think God'll forgive us for what we've done?

--------------

Creasy: Okay, my friend. It's off to the next life for you. I guarantee you, you won't be lonely.

----------------

Just Curious!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook