Page 3 of 67  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 67 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2008 - 11:48PM #21
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=WarpedRecord;586512]Oh yes, I always check the obits first when I read the paper. I used to think it was strange when my parents did that, but this is one of many examples of how I'm becoming like them! I guess if my name isn't in there, I'm doing OK.[/QUOTE]
WarpedRecord:
Try going to: www.HBO.com then go to *series* ~ they have links to the HBO Comedy Boards.
You'll find loads of posts about GeorgeCarlin~ it's up to 11 pages of posts!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2008 - 11:48PM #22
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=WarpedRecord;586512]Oh yes, I always check the obits first when I read the paper. I used to think it was strange when my parents did that, but this is one of many examples of how I'm becoming like them! I guess if my name isn't in there, I'm doing OK.[/QUOTE]
WarpedRecord:
Try going to: www.HBO.com then go to *series* ~ they have links to the HBO Comedy Boards.
You'll find loads of posts about GeorgeCarlin~ it's up to 11 pages of posts!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2008 - 4:49AM #23
WarpedRecord
Hi, Marlene:

Wow, there are some great remembrances of George. It's up to 14 pages now!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2008 - 2:06PM #24
VBallR
[QUOTE=WarpedRecord;590245]Hi, Marlene:

Wow, there are some great remembrances of George. It's up to 14 pages now![/QUOTE]
Warped Record wrote:  Oh yes, I always check the obits first when I read the paper. I used to think it was strange when my parents did that, but this is one of many examples of how I'm becoming like them! I guess if my name isn't in there, I'm doing OK.

OMG -- I do that too!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 2:55AM #25
WarpedRecord
I would love to have a job as an obit writer. Obits are quite often the last you ever hear about a person, and it's a real craft to send them off in style. It's too bad that so many interesting people seem to pass away under the radar.

Celebrity Death Beeper is a great site that sends e-mail prompts whenever someone notable dies. Check them out:

http://www.deathbeeper.com/
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 12:18PM #26
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=WarpedRecord;592314]I would love to have a job as an obit writer. Obits are quite often the last you ever hear about a person, and it's a real craft to send them off in style. It's too bad that so many interesting people seem to pass away under the radar.

Celebrity Death Beeper is a great site that sends e-mail prompts whenever someone notable dies. Check them out:

http://www.deathbeeper.com/[/QUOTE]
WarpedRecord:
You and I are one *the same track*LOL!! When I post these death notices I try to word them with
*Some style & grace* and I remember some of the person's qualities/acheivements!
And I also always give links as to where one can find the obituary in the newspapers/web
I also try to put in facts that the ordinary person whouldn't know .
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 12:18PM #27
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=WarpedRecord;592314]I would love to have a job as an obit writer. Obits are quite often the last you ever hear about a person, and it's a real craft to send them off in style. It's too bad that so many interesting people seem to pass away under the radar.

http://www.deathbeeper.com/[/QUOTE]
WarpedRecord:
You and I are one *the same track*LOL!! When I post these death notices I try to word them with
*Some style & grace* and I remember some of the person's qualities/acheivements!
And I also always give links as to where one can find the obituary in the newspapers/web
I also try to put in facts that the ordinary person whouldn't know .
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2008 - 4:58PM #28
MsCGheartofohio
[[COLOR="Red"]QUOTE=MarleneEmmett5;412343]Hollywood Legend Charlton Heston has passed away at the age of 84.
In 2002 Mr. Heston announced to the world he was suffering from Alzheimers's.
Mr. Heston was a major star starring in such noted films as:
"The Greastest Show on Earth",The 1959 color version of "Ben Hur", 1959"s The Ten Commandments where
he portrayed "Moses"and 1965's "the Agony & The Exatasy" where he played the arttist Michangelo who
painted the Sistine Ceiling.
He will be very much missed.
A full obituarty is in today's New York Times~www.nwrimes.com
A full listing of his film career can be found on www.IMDb.com
My thoughts go out to Mr. Heston's family.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

Marlene, I saw this post the day you put in on, but couldn't bring myself to comment for a while, because it's just been painful - I have been such a fan of Charlton Heston for so long.   I think his is a great loss.   

Not only was Heston a fine performer, he was also a gifted author.  Though a "man's man" in all respects, one of the facts vividly conveyed in his writing was his absolute devotion to and adoration of his family. 
I purchased a book he dedicated to his young grandson, "To Be A Man," right about the time he announced the Alzheimer's diagnosis.  Even now to think of it, the tears just flow, because I realized that when he wrote it, he must have known (about the Alzheimer's).  I feel that he put down all the things he would have wanted to tell the boy about when he got older.  Needless to say, I really find it touching! 

Funny you mentioned the awesome "Greatest Show on Earth" first, it is one of my favorite films - both of Heston's, and in general!  Another of my favorite Heston films is one of his earliest, "The Naked Jungle."  It's one of those wonderful 1950's lush romances, set in an exotic locale.  And Heston is absolutely gorgeous in it.   

[[COLOR="red"]QUOTE=MarleneEmmett5;569944]Cyd Charisse, long legged beauty who danced with both Fred Astire & Gene Kelly has passed away.
She was 86 years old and died from an apparent heart attack.
She starred in such Hollywood classics as:
"Singing In The Rain" with Gene Kelly,Debbie Renyolds & Donald O'Connor
"Brigadoon" also with Gene Kelly
A full list of her film can be found on: www.IMDb.com
And there's an article on her passing on: www.MSNBC.com
She was married to singer Tony Martin, who survives her.

If you have any remberances of her please post them.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

Cyd Charisse had wonderful screen presence - cool, calm and collected - yet, when she danced, hot, hot, hot!   I think my favorite movie appearance of hers is the Broadway Ballet number in Singin' in the Rain, the only five minutes in the movie that we see her!  Her dance chemistry with Gene Kelly was so powerful - they were great together.

[COLOR="red"][QUOTE=WarpedRecord;580976]George Carlin has passed away of heart failure at 71. He was irreverent, raunchy and provocative, and he also seemed liked a nice guy.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

I agree, on all counts.  I believe he was responsible for my first exposure to several of those "seven dirty words."    One very funny man.  One very talented man.  George will be missed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 2:00AM #29
WarpedRecord
In the midst of all this mourning, I must say that is a very cute dog as your avatar, MsCGheartofOhio! That was enough to put a smile on my face for a few moments. OK, back to the tears now ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2008 - 9:44AM #30
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=MsCGheartofohio;593213][[COLOR="Red"]QUOTE=MarleneEmmett5;412343]Hollywood Legend Charlton Heston has passed away at the age of 84.
In 2002 Mr. Heston announced to the world he was suffering from Alzheimers's.
Mr. Heston was a major star starring in such noted films as:
"The Greastest Show on Earth",The 1959 color version of "Ben Hur", 1959"s The Ten Commandments where
he portrayed "Moses"and 1965's "the Agony & The Exatasy" where he played the arttist Michangelo who
painted the Sistine Ceiling.
He will be very much missed.
A full obituarty is in today's New York Times~www.nwrimes.com
A full listing of his film career can be found on www.IMDb.com
My thoughts go out to Mr. Heston's family.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

Marlene, I saw this post the day you put in on, but couldn't bring myself to comment for a while, because it's just been painful - I have been such a fan of Charlton Heston for so long.   I think his is a great loss.   

Not only was Heston a fine performer, he was also a gifted author.  Though a "man's man" in all respects, one of the facts vividly conveyed in his writing was his absolute devotion to and adoration of his family. 
I purchased a book he dedicated to his young grandson, "To Be A Man," right about the time he announced the Alzheimer's diagnosis.  Even now to think of it, the tears just flow, because I realized that when he wrote it, he must have known (about the Alzheimer's).  I feel that he put down all the things he would have wanted to tell the boy about when he got older.  Needless to say, I really find it touching! 

Funny you mentioned the awesome "Greatest Show on Earth" first, it is one of my favorite films - both of Heston's, and in general!  Another of my favorite Heston films is one of his earliest, "The Naked Jungle."  It's one of those wonderful 1950's lush romances, set in an exotic locale.  And Heston is absolutely gorgeous in it.   

[[COLOR="red"]QUOTE=MarleneEmmett5;569944]Cyd Charisse, long legged beauty who danced with both Fred Astire & Gene Kelly has passed away.
She was 86 years old and died from an apparent heart attack.
She starred in such Hollywood classics as:
"Singing In The Rain" with Gene Kelly,Debbie Renyolds & Donald O'Connor
"Brigadoon" also with Gene Kelly
A full list of her film can be found on: www.IMDb.com
And there's an article on her passing on: www.MSNBC.com
She was married to singer Tony Martin, who survives her.

If you have any remberances of her please post them.[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

Cyd Charisse had wonderful screen presence - cool, calm and collected - yet, when she danced, hot, hot, hot!   I think my favorite movie appearance of hers is the Broadway Ballet number in Singin' in the Rain, the only five minutes in the movie that we see her!  Her dance chemistry with Gene Kelly was so powerful - they were great together.

I agree, on all counts.  I believe he was responsible for my first exposure to several of those "seven dirty words."    One very funny man.  One very talented man.  George will be missed.[/QUOTE]

MsGHeartofOhio:
I was about to answer you last night when my dinner arrived~ I was dreading the day when I'd hear about
CharltonHeston's passing.He was a major favourite,have watched "BenHur & Agony & The Extascy" more
times than I can recall. I seem to watch them each time they're on.
Same goes for the movie "Brigadoon"~and any film that had Gene Kelly in it!
Cyd Charisse may have only been 5'6" but she had legs that began at her armpits!!
And what a grace!! She *floated when she danced*
HBO's running a whole *George Carlin comedy retrospective this weekend on the HBO Comedy Channel*
some of his best concerts~even though I've seen them I'm watching them again.
Caught a *Inside the Actor's Studio* yesterday morning with George Carlin on Bravo,in it he said that
his computer has *his whole act on it~he has something like 200 folders with all his jokes*
Just think how much that computer is worth$$$$????
What up in coming comic wouldn't love to get his hands on it????
That computer is *Comedy GOLD*!!!
James Lipton asked Carlin his questioneer that he asks every guest: One question was
*What would God say when you passed away? George's answer:"OH,we're finally going to have some
real laughs around here!!!*The other question he asked:"What's your favourite curse word??
George answered: "C**ks***ker",one of the infomous*7 dirty words*!!
I can just see these comics *welcoming Geeorge to THE BIG ROOM in Heaven:
LennyBruce,GeorgeBurns,AlanKing,BobHope,RichardPryor,Henny Youngman,JackBenny.

MsHeartofOhio: You changed your Avatar, you had a beautiful picture of a statue last night???
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 67  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 67 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook