Page 6 of 36  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What are you currently reading?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 11:46AM #51
AppleMan
I'm reading "Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe. It is really good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 3:30AM #52
whichone
I just finished reading: The Secret Under My Skin by Janet McNaughton.  It was decent.  I would give it a B-.  I certainly would try another book by this author.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 11:12AM #53
LadyoftheWest
I've just finished Ted Dekker's Red and have now started on his book White. It's an okay book so far but the idea of a seperate reality that comes alive during dreams is somewhat mind boggling to think about.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 12:57PM #54
The_Absent_Minded_Princess
I just had to buy A Tree Grows in Brooklyn for a class. I haven't read it before.  It is a very long book.  Have any of you read it?  I hope it is interesting.  I can't believe I was never assigned to read this in high school.  It is one of the most popular books so surely it is good.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 1:13PM #55
DeaconCarl

Merope wrote:

LOL!  I'd suggest Trout Fishing in America, but you'd probably run into the same problem :-)

Don't got much trout in our area, but I'll give your book a try. I usually fish for bass and crappie. Any crappie books you can recommend?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 11:29AM #56
costrel
I'm currently reading Simone de Beauvoir's Memoirs of a Dutiful Daughter.

I love this line:

"She was trying to get rid of a religious hangover."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 5:31AM #57
Merope
[QUOTE=DeaconCarl;200670]Don't got much trout in our area, but I'll give your book a try. I usually fish for bass and crappie. Any crappie books you can recommend?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]Any book by Danielle Steele is a crappy book, in my opinion :-)

[/COLOR]
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 12:01PM #58
DoorNumber3
Right now I am struggling through Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I had the book mentioned to me by several people then Oprah chose it for her book club, saying she could not put it down so I was real excited to read it. I just cannot get into this book and I am halfway through it. I keep thinking that any moment I will get to the “can’t put it down” part. Now I feel like I have to finish it since I am halfway through it anyway.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 12:48PM #59
hm2menger
[QUOTE=DoorNumber3;205757]Right now I am struggling through Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I had the book mentioned to me by several people then Oprah chose it for her book club, saying she could not put it down so I was real excited to read it. I just cannot get into this book and I am halfway through it. I keep thinking that any moment I will get to the “can’t put it down” part. Now I feel like I have to finish it since I am halfway through it anyway.
[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience with "Trinity" By Leon Uris. it took 300 pages, but I did finally get hooked.
Follett is a good author, but I like his spy novels better.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 4:33PM #60
Sacrificialgoddess
I am currently in the middle of two books:   The Executioner's Song by Norman Mailer, and In Search of [SIZE=-1]Schrödinger's Cat by John Gribbin.  So far, The Executioner's Song is making my head hurt more!  ;)
[/SIZE]
Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 36  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook