Page 5 of 37  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What are you currently reading?
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 2:57AM #41
Merope
[QUOTE=DeaconCarl;166394]I wanted to pick up a few pointers to help senior citizens like me improve our fishing so I picked up this little book called The Old Man and the Sea. Honestly, it's not been much help.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]LOL!  I'd suggest Trout Fishing in America, but you'd probably run into the same problem :-)[/COLOR]
Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 4:38PM #42
The_Absent_Minded_Princess
" liked the serial killer parts but I got a little bored with the rest of it."

What about these parts did you like?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2008 - 5:56PM #43
hm2menger
I'm reading "Blood Rites" by Jim Butcher
Just finished "Tropical Freeze" and "Blackwater Sound" both by John W Hall
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 1:45AM #44
kilgoretrout2006
I don't know. Serial killers are just interesting. Disturbing but...interesting. (Probably has to do with power.)

Reading an old short story collection I found at Goodwill a while back called "40 Best stories from Mademoiselle 1935-1960". Stories by Truman Capote, Shirley Ann Grau, Robert Penn Warren, Carson McCullers, Shirley Jackson. Some good stuff.

k
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 1:45AM #45
kilgoretrout2006
I don't know. Serial killers are just interesting. Disturbing but...interesting. (Probably has to do with power.)

Reading an old short story collection I found at Goodwill a while back called "40 Best stories from Mademoiselle 1935-1960". Stories by Truman Capote, Shirley Ann Grau, Robert Penn Warren, Carson McCullers, Shirley Jackson. Some good stuff.

k
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 1:03PM #46
Nightowl35
I just finished "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali and have just started "The Food Revolution" by John Robbins.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 9:40PM #47
Pam34
Speaking of serial killers - on the fiction front - I recently finished the three available books about 'Dexter' (Darkly Dreaming Dexter, etc). Quite funny and suddenly - occasionally - chilling.
Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 11:06PM #48
whichone
I just finished reading Mother Theresa:  The Missionary Position.  I tried to read Mother Theresa:  Come Be My Light.  I kept falling asleep every few pages.  I think it that the book would have been more interesting if it was just her writting.  The commentary from the Father was extremely repetitive, dry, and boring.  I finally had to admit that there was no way I was going to be able to finish reading it.  Missionary Position was very short, so I had no trouble finishing it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 11:12PM #49
whichone
I finished listening to the entire Harry Potter Series on audiobook.  I think I have finally killed my obsession with the Harry Potter Series.  Three times through the Harry Potter Series was finally enough.......Although, I am unable to part with my Deathly Hallows Book and Audiobook.  I always donate my fiction books to my public library as soon as I finish reading them.  I am breaking the rule for the first time because I can not part with the final book.  I am trying to replace Harry Potter with a new fiction series.  I check out from the Library:  The Last Mortal Man:  Book One of the Deathless by Syne Mitchell and The Secret Under My Skin by Janet McNaughton.  I never heard of either author before.  I thought it would be interesting to see if I could find a new author to try.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 12:38AM #50
kilgoretrout2006
Darkly Dreaming Dexter's on my list. I've been watching the first season of the Showtime series on DVD and like it a lot.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 37  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook